PDA

View Full Version : Tempur-Pedic seat cushion foam

TuxedoPk
10-22-2005, 03:31 PM
I can't be the only person who has left a Donzi after a brisk run with a sore ass. This has me thinking that there's got to be a better seat cushion foam than what we've got in our boats.

Has anyone tried or have a good reason not to try using a foam similar to what they use in the Tempur-Pedic mattresses?

ChromeGorilla
10-22-2005, 04:28 PM
I can't be the only person with a sore ass.

Whoa !?!?!?!?!?!? Tux man, you alright up there? :biggrin: All the hot chicks that ride in my boat get a sore ass..... :yes: ;) :yes:

joseph m. hahnl
10-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Whoa !?!?!?!?!?!? Tux man, you alright up there? :biggrin: All the hot chicks that ride in my boat get a sore ass..... :yes: ;) :yes:

That gives seat time a whole new meaning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

TuxedoPk
10-22-2005, 04:40 PM
All the hot chicks that ride in my boat get a sore ass..... :yes: ;) :yes:

And the best way you've come up to give them one is a ride in your boat? :wink:

mphatc
10-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Excellent topic! As I have had several back injuries including a broken back long periods of seat time tend to be a pain inducing experience. It also shortens the amount of seat time I can endure.

A quik web search identifies several possibilties . . .

This one doesn't really work if you care what your boat seats look like. A simple concept of springs inside the seat cushion:
http://www.attwoodmarine.com/Whats_New/

A bit more promise here, as it only the foam inside the cushion:
http://www.glidingmatamata.co.nz/misc/EAF.htm

Possibly a company like this could mold a foam for the individual seat bases in the common boats . . primarily the Classics . . . .like the porpoising 22 and the rough riding 16 and 18s
http://www.seatinginc.com/store.asp?pid=3208

Mario L.

mattyboy
10-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Tux you have a case of sailors ass :eek:

nice links Mario

ChromeGorilla
10-23-2005, 10:26 AM

Is that some sort of submarine joke...... Wayne I think we've been had.... :flag-navy :garfield:

ChromeGorilla
10-23-2005, 10:27 AM
And the best way you've come up to give them one is a ride in your boat? :wink:

You bet.....proper lubrication is not only important for the motor.....but for...oh never mind.... :eek:

TuxedoPk
10-23-2005, 10:39 AM

It wasn't an issue running Greenwood Lake in your 16' but I've last year I jumped more than my share of wakes on the Hudson and I'd have appreciated the cushions absorbing more of the landings than my ass -although it could be argued that the latter better distributed the weight :)

Schnook
10-23-2005, 10:20 PM
I saw the submarine joke comment, is there a bubblehead in the house?

mattyboy
10-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Is that some sort of submarine joke...... Wayne I think we've been had.... :flag-navy :garfield:

No it was not a Joke, or a comment directed at the fine "SEAMEN" of the silent service but it was directed at our "BLOW" boater friends who sail calmly and smoothly around on a "STIFF" breeze

I was not trying to make a Joke, had I been trying to do that references to

The "REAR ADMIRAL" or the "POOP DECK" and "MOBY DICK" would have been used ;) :) :rlol:

ChromeGorilla
10-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Onsubdrvr and myself are bubbleheads....

TuxedoPk
10-24-2005, 07:52 PM
I was being serious also.. hasn't anyone given thought to improving the comfort of their seats by using varying foam types. I realize that visco elastic foam would be more comforming in warmer climates than cooler.

What is the type and thickness of foam in Donzi's seats and what are the properties/qualities that it is chosen over other types of foam?

Schnook
10-24-2005, 09:20 PM
I endured many refits in Kings Bay.