PDA

View Full Version : Volvo 270 questions

onesubdrvr
10-22-2005, 12:04 PM
I ran into a gentleman here the other day - Russ McCandless, who owns an older 16 classic with a volvo 270 drive. He and I got to talking and he was looking for tilt / trim and power steering for this drive, is there something that can be retrofitted from a 280t or 290 drive? Also, he was talking about the IMCO 2" shorties,..... I mentioned the E-Drive lower(?) as a comparable swap for the older drives, was I right?

He was here from somewhere up north, and should be returning home soon, I've started this thread, and hope he'll check on when he gets home and get some answers and info.

Thanks
Wayne

Lenny
10-22-2005, 04:31 PM
I ran into a gentleman here the other day - Russ McCandless, who owns an older 16 classic with a volvo 270 drive. He and I got to talking and he was looking for tilt / trim and power steering for this drive, is there something that can be retrofitted from a 280t or 290 drive? Also, he was talking about the IMCO 2" shorties,..... I mentioned the E-Drive lower(?) as a comparable swap for the older drives, was I right?

He was here from somewhere up north, and should be returning home soon, I've started this thread, and hope he'll check on when he gets home and get some answers and info.

Thanks
Wayne

The older 290 WILL bolt up without redoing the transom glasswork. This will give you tilt and trim too.

"E" drives are rare as hell, parts as well. Very slippery tho but you still need trim. I would look nto the 290 scenario if I was him.

A fella here bought an 18 out of California a few months back. The 280 was gone and the 290 was in its place. Nice looking set-up.

big bore
10-23-2005, 02:47 PM
The older 290 WILL bolt up without redoing the transom glasswork. This will give you tilt and trim too.

"E" drives are rare as hell, parts as well. Very slippery tho but you still need trim. I would look nto the 290 scenario if I was him.

A fella here bought an 18 out of California a few months back. The 280 was gone and the 290 was in its place. Nice looking set-up.
hi guys
i have a complete 290 set up for sale here on the registry complete withe every thing needed to do what u want to do