PDA

View Full Version : 22ZX for water skiing?

Pdonzi
10-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Hello group,
i am new to this forum. I have searched a little and read some posts but cannot seem to find an answer to my question. Can the 22ZF be used for waterskiing, wakeboarding and pulling water toys? What are the good and bads for these activities? From what i am reading about this boat, it needs a little more speed than a normal 22 footer to hold on plane and doesn;t seem to have stern eyes for a ski line to attach to? No serious watertoy games, just trying to see if it is capable? thanks for the help.

regards

Paul
Donzi 20 BR (current)

Shanghied Again
10-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Before i supercharged my 22 I used it a couple of times to pull water skis, the boat has more then enough power and I used the grab handle on the back for the line, The small block 350 will be a much better boat to pull with because of the weight difference in the rear, the only pain is the back pad getting wet from people walking on it, the passenger seat swivels so the passenger can view whats behind.

fasttrucker
10-23-2005, 03:38 PM
We pull a tube behind my 28zx.I lower the trim tabs a bit to slow the boat down.

The Hedgehog
10-23-2005, 05:48 PM
We pull a tube behind my 28zx.I lower the trim tabs a bit to slow the boat down.

Do you have one on the 28?

fasttrucker
10-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Do you have one on the 28?
Dont understand the ???? I have trim tabs on my 28zx?yes.I use a ski tow with a harness that connects to the back on both sides.Fast connect.....Is that what you ?????

The Hedgehog
10-29-2005, 11:25 AM
The Last Real Texan has one on his 27. I was wondering if the 28 had one as well. I am planning to put one on mine for grins.

fasttrucker
10-31-2005, 03:50 PM
No ski eye,I have two ring/ski tow things on both side of the outdrive were I conect a ski tow rope thing to.Like a harness for a horse.