PDA

View Full Version : And so it goes... in Sarasota

MikeMiller
10-19-2005, 07:23 PM
WOW!

Well I have finally made it home (if only briefly) and have a chance to post a few comments about this year's Hometown Owners' Rally.

It was my pleasure to be associated with this group again for another year. I am hopeful that each of you had a great time. My heart goes out to our broken wrist victim - it didn't look broken when we were in the pool - and hope that she comes back again. I really do enjoy seeing all of you smile as much as you do! It warms the heart!

I apologize to most of you for not spending enough individual time with you. Each year I say that I am going to have more down time but it just turns out that the time disappears and it ends up being Sunday and everyone is gone! Please forgive me.

Congratulations to:
1. Jennifer and Randy Oak for the idea and winning the illustration for the event. I am hopeful they liked it.
2. Jim Haas for Best Restoration on his Criterion and also for having a dream come true with the Donzi clock - it couldn't have gone to a more deserving gentlemen.
3. Mike Holderness (younger) for Best of Show with his incredible 38ZR.

My very, very, very special thanks to:
1. Brad Verd for the photos and setting up the Saturday night slide show of memories past - it was brilliant!
2. George Culotta - Uncle George - you're the best!
3. Michael Holderness (elder) for chipping in his own money at the $ store and for assisting at registration! Thank you to my wife as well for helping with registration.
4. Donzi Marine and Mercury Marine for making this event possible.

I learn so much from all of you when I see you together. You make me appreciate that life is short, friends can truly be family, and enjoy life it while you've got it. Isn't that what the "Mystique" is all about!

When I grow up I wanna be like any one of you!

I will do this event until you guys tell me you're done with it - simply for the life lessons and friendships that become deeper. Thank you all for coming again and for letting me be a part of something so exciting and meaningful.

With heartfelt appreciation and gratitude... your friend, Mike

Mr X
10-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Mike,

you did a wonderfull job AGAIN!!!!
Without you, none of it would ever happen!!

Thank's brother!!!!

Ted & Kathy

need for speed
10-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Mike,

you did a Great JOB!!! THANKS.

Sat Night was a lot of fun toooo :propeller :bonk:

Cuda
10-19-2005, 08:29 PM
We had a great time despite a semi-sunken boat. We will be back next year.

A special thanks to Jim and Gina, Catch 22, for the ride to the beach on Sunday. Great people.

Another thanks for Mike Holderness Sr, he's always there to lend and hand, and is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

gcarter
10-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks Mikey for another stellar production.

Speed-Racer
10-19-2005, 09:11 PM
BIG Thanks to Mike Miller for yet another outstanding event, and a room to stay in....only wish I would have had a boat.

It was great seeing everyone. More sweet memories...Saturday night with Mike,Woodsy,and the rest( you know who you are). Harbormaster I won't post those pics of you for your wifes sake....

Jodi good luck with the boat, and that 16 looks "sweet"!

Here are some PICS....
No one went up on the bridge....
Here's towing Jodi at 3am!! :beer:
and the 38Zr :hyper:

smokediver
10-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Great time ! As usual !!! great seeing everyone again ! thanks to charles and laurie for the nice ride to gators . looking forward to bob and ranya coming down in nov. and brad and amy in dec.... and last but not least , thanks for a great time mikey and to the harbormaster and poodle for bringing us all together !!!!!!!!

Budmann
10-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Yes Mikey... thanks for everything!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

rumshaker2
10-20-2005, 07:53 AM
It was nice meeting you guys! The credit card incident is still funny. Please let your wife know I am waiting on the pic from her. In case she lost my email, rede2go02@hotmail.com. Hope to see you guys in the near future!

Mrs. Rumshaker

Yes Mikey... thanks for everything!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Team Jefe
10-20-2005, 07:58 AM
Nothin' but a great time Mikey. Thanks are not enough....I too will keep doing this as long as there are Donzi-Files who want to spend time together

catch 22
10-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks Mikey for another Great Rally. Gina and I had a blast even though the boat gave me trouble at first. I want to say Thank you to Russ for helping me on Friday climbing in and out of the bilge and up under the deck to try and locate where the gas was coming from. Thank you to Jim Haas for all your help Saturday morning in locating the culprit ( the Infamous $1.53 O-Ring). :angryfire I couldn't have done it without you guys. Sorry I didn't get to do the Helicopter Shoot. I asked the photographer if he got a shot of my boat Saturday, he said he didn't see me. I told him I was right there in the parking lot with my ASS hanging out of the bilge :D :D . Joe and Debbie it was great meeting you both and we really appreciate the ride in the F350 to lunch Saturday. Nice riding truck. Joe, Gina says go with the bling. Sunday after spending some time with Mikey poolside we went upstairs and I started feeling under the weather. Kinda like motion sickness. It went down hill from there. Gina had to drive from Sarasota to my folks place in LadyLake on Monday while I was barffing all over my truck. :puke: :puke: I don't even remember her driving. Felt a little better Tuesday then it started all over again on Wednesday. By this time Gina has had enough and drags my butt to the E.R. Where they did all kinds of tests and gave me an IV because they said I was dehydrated. The ER Dr. said everything came back normal and thinks it could of been to much Sun and Fumes and not enough to drink. Things got better after the IV. Just in time for Wilma. We left my truck, boat, and our dog with my folks and got back last night. Put up the shutters and will see what happens. Thanks again to Jim and Russ for all your help and we hope to see everyone again next year. :wavey:

Budmann
10-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Here are some of ours....

BabyDonzi
10-22-2005, 07:30 PM
Mike, once again, simply wonderful!!!
We cannot express our thank you's enough!
You have gone above and beyond the call of duty once again! And it may be hard to believe, but this event just keeps getting better and better every year!
We will not let you go! You are our shepard, our leader, our beacon in the night! Without your leadership, I fear this event will suffer, you are THE MAN!!!!!!

Did someone mention a 26 ZR ? Oh Josh, we need to talk!! :yes:

sweet 16 1966
10-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Glad to help any time Jim. Sorry to hear you have been under the weather.
It will be your turn next time time to have no problems! Look forward to seeing you all next time!