PDA

View Full Version : Does your wife/girlfriend complain about...

TuxedoPk
10-18-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm hearing a lot of complaints that I'm spending too much time on Donzi.net and was wondering how many others have heard this complaint?

(Actually compared to some of the other topics of complaint the board is a blessing in disguise)

DonziChick
10-18-2005, 11:53 AM
As I don't have a gf to complain it isn't a problem :jestera:

However, no my boyfriend does not complain as he is into boats/boating forums just as much as I am.

boldts
10-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Not an issue at my home anymore either, but I used to get complaints about just being on the computer. Didn't matter if I was doing website work for extra money or keeping up with the Donzi family.

Moving on in OH

BUIZILLA
10-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Apparently... I spend so much time on the computer(s) in general, that wifey got me a shirt that says *not tonight honey, i've got a modem* :stan:

anonymous

Marlin275
10-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Can't you say you are just web researching
corn cob stoves,
chain saws,
BMW Trailer hitches,
places in the Bahamas,
cheap pick-up trucks,
sailing,
home pages,
chopper guns,
etc?
:D

TuxedoPk
10-18-2005, 02:08 PM
The biggest complaints- corn stoves, donzi, sailing.

* I honestly can't say she's wrong that I spend too much time hyperfocusing and online researching when I'm interested in something, but being right doesn't mean I should have to hear her complain ;)

Can't you say you are just web researching
corn cob stoves,
chain saws,
BMW Trailer hitches,
places in the Bahamas,
cheap pick-up trucks,
sailing,
home pages,
chopper guns,
etc?
:D

TuxedoPk
10-18-2005, 02:22 PM
You might be onto something here....

As I don't have a gf to complain it isn't a problem

ChromeGorilla
10-18-2005, 02:51 PM
This is Scott's wife..... he used to have this problem but starting next week he won't. See, he will have a real job other than posting on Donzi.net..... :yes: When he see's this he'll probably try to delete it.... ;) He's busy hanging my new home decor...... Michelle.

Cuda
10-18-2005, 02:52 PM
He's busy hanging my new home decor...... Michelle.
Make him go to a co-ed baby shower too. :biggrin.:

Cuda
10-18-2005, 02:53 PM
If Debbie is complaining, I better not be able to hear it over the vacuum cleaner, or the washing machine.

TuxedoPk
10-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Michelle, now we all know in your case is a 'special problem'. If it hadn't been for me taking your camera so that you could be in a picture with Scott there would have been no evidence you were ever at Lake George :biggrin:

Scott's one of the few people who make me look good. I've never said to a beautiful Wife, "Honey, will you please move out of the frame or I won't be able to get the entire transom in the shot"

In his defense, unboxing, making the bed the first day in a new home, or hanging curtains is reasonable- Let's reserve the co-ed baby shower comments for those who are whipped beyond all recognition :yes:

This is Scott's wife..... he used to have this problem but starting next week he won't. See, he will have a real job other than posting on Donzi.net..... :yes: When he see's this he'll probably try to delete it.... ;) He's busy hanging my new home decor...... Michelle.

Mr X
10-18-2005, 03:34 PM
My wife never complains about anything, but my girlfriend is a bit touchy on the subject.:wink:

Patti
10-18-2005, 03:37 PM
Doesn't bother me one bit if Jamie is here a lot..we're both usually around during weekdays but we rarely use the computer at night and on the weekends..too much house stuff to do and plus we just spend quality time doing things that don't require a computer

Now getting that new chainsaw out of his hand is a whole other story :tongue:

He & my son are off chopping down trees as we speak :rolleyes:

TBroccoli
10-18-2005, 03:49 PM
My wife doesn't work with me.

joseph m. hahnl
10-18-2005, 06:06 PM
OH YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a little is okay to much time on it and well let's just say. She feels neglected.
So I give her a little one on one attention"if you Know what I mean" and all is forgiven. Until tommorow night:lookaroun

joe

txtaz
10-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Rich, I got it during the auctions. Especially at 9pm. But everything is cool since she has her own account and can see what I do.
Wes
P.S. Give me a call sometime, we need to catch up.

Last Tango
10-19-2005, 01:10 PM
We have a nice compromise on this. On Weeknights, she has control of the TV remote, and I can go into the other room and spend the time on this (and a couple other) web sites without interference. On weekends, we have first come first served approach to both the computer and the TV remote. There is also a 15 minute rule for both... you lose control if you walk away for more than 15 minutes.
We have another 15 minute minimum rule, as well, but it isn't appropriate for this thread.

EricG
10-19-2005, 10:07 PM
The only time I get comments are when I'm surfing and we are actually having a conversation, something about not listening or being distracted...I'm not sure. ;)

The two best purchases in a long time: Tivo and Wireless. Now I can surf with the laptop on the couch while she watches some crap like Gilmore Girls, and then she shops online while I watch some sort of stereotypical male show (usually motorcycle racing or the history channel). But, since we're sitting in the same room - it's considered "quality time" together :rolleyes: :yes:

-EG

roadtrip se
10-20-2005, 06:22 AM
Now getting that new chainsaw out of his hand is a whole other story :tongue:

He & my son are off chopping down trees as we speak :rolleyes:

Stihl good... argh!

Thank God for Sundance Spas afterwards.

An aging and aching Paul Bunyan Junior.

Rootsy
10-20-2005, 06:30 AM
Stihl good... argh!

Thank God for Sundance Spas afterwards.

An aging and aching Paul Bunyan Junior.

she may be griping bout my chores now but she'll be very thankful come about january when it's 10 below and the wind is coming across that field at 60 mph... :eek:

bout half done with my wood and if i hit it hard the next week or so it'll be done... maybe even the pile of wood that needs splitting... the poor ole F150 must think i am PO'd at it... it's been getting a real workout... tranny rebuild is hanging in there like a champ :D

actually on THIS SUBJECT... i don't even hardly touch the computer at night... i have way too many other things to do... and after sitting in front of a computer all day the last thing i want to do is surf at night...

half shell
10-22-2005, 05:39 PM
If Debbie is complaining, I better not be able to hear it over the vacuum cleaner, or the washing machine.

YEA what cuda said!!!!!!

I hope my Margaret doesnt read this!

Regards Bob

onesubdrvr
10-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Well, sorta,....

my wife kids with me alot, making statements in a ridiculous voice,...
"Dear Donzi friends, today, I waxed the donzi and gave it a big wet kiss"

But, on the other hand, she realizes that the boat, and Donzi.net are really my only vices, and more of a means to unwind, even with the problems I have had with the boat in the past, it's still relaxing. Besides, I can only watch Law and Order for so long,....

Wayne