PDA

View Full Version : Not Your Fathers Chevrolet

Rootsy
10-18-2005, 09:04 AM
large video.. something like 36 megs... this guy works with my buddy... 6000 lbs of Z71, running on pump gas... this is a personal vehicle, not something chevrolet is working on...

I had to ask about specifics and here is what i was told about it... little different than what i "thought" i was told before but it keeps evolving... this is a fairly new combination that the guy has been working on over the summer

it has a different cam in it and the heads have been worked on by Lingenfelter. He has tubular, full length headers and a full exhaust. If you open the hood it looks like a 5.3 with a stage 1 kit from Magnuson. That run actually has a hybrid s/c on it - that is a cross between our gen 5 (current production) and the new one. With the gen 6 on there he will be in the 11's.

http://www.undrprsr.com/powertour2005/SwartzlanderStanton.wmv

olredalert
10-18-2005, 09:15 AM
-------Geez, Jamie........You gotta love that. He surprized a bunch of people that day, but needs to work on those reaction times a bit. Truck hooked up awsome!!! Cmon, Chevrolet, lets get that baby into the production stream quick........Bill S

Craig S
10-18-2005, 11:17 AM
nice truck! did he talk much about the driveability?

Sagbay32
10-18-2005, 08:19 PM
I enjoyed watching that "Bowtie Truck" run. Reminded me of a video my bro-in-law made with his new 454SS truck back in 1990.

I wonder if I can get my AWD V8 Rainier over to Lingenfelter. I could really use a 12 second truck for those pesky people who always want to race at the stoplight when "their lane ends" ( this is my favorite pastime...so I'm immature....I know this). :moped:

Mike

gold-n-rod
10-18-2005, 09:09 PM
I enjoyed watching that "Bowtie Truck" run. Reminded me of a video my bro-in-law made with his new 454SS truck back in 1990.

I wonder if I can get my AWD V8 Rainier over to Lingenfelter. I could really use a 12 second truck for those pesky people who always want to race at the stoplight when "their lane ends" ( this is my favorite pastime...so I'm immature....I know this). :moped:

Mike

Hey Mike, my wife has a V8 Rainier. Dark red, tan foreskins, sunroof. Actually, other than DVD and side airbags, it's got it all. Nice truck, but I agree, it needs more beans.

She let me use it when I brought my 16 to Michigan from Maryland. Truth be told, my '01 GMC Sierra tows it much smoother and easier.

Good mama-mobile, though. :shocking:

Sagbay32
10-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Hey Randy,
I picked up the Rainier after I sold my Avalanche. I do miss my old truck, but the 300HP 5.3 performs much better in the smaller Rainier...and it fits in my garage too.

I am looking at the new Trailblazer SS with the Corvette based LS2...we will see. I would prefer to have a 4wd version. I do not like the AWD system in the Rainier. It seems you are alreeady in trouble by the time it kicks in. I would like it much better if I could place it in 4 high.

Mike

McGary911
10-19-2005, 05:41 PM
LOL, you can tell his ride is much more streetable than a lot of those rides. When he raced the yellow car, he used his TURN SIGNAL when turning onto the track. LOL :biggrin:

Looks like that truck really runs well......

Rootsy
10-20-2005, 05:26 AM
oh she is very streetable and gets driven quite a bit in the summer... it's not a tempermental bitch like most of what he was racing against when the weather decides to change a bit... guess this thing is for the most part a daily driver in the summer..