PDA

View Full Version : Things are NOT the same at home after Possum V

Lenny
10-18-2005, 01:08 AM
EVERYTIME, I MEAN EVERY TIME, I put my shoes on now (back home, 2400 miles away) I bash them once, heel first, into the floor, to "shake out" any hiding Scorpions. :smash:

I now have this nasty "tick" I can't shake. :rolleyes:

...I DIDN'T need to see that on the deck there, obviously...

now, back to Mark's Orb spider in the shop. :eek:

rayjay
10-18-2005, 05:47 AM
I now have this nasty "tick" I can't shake. :rolleyes:

...I DIDN'T need to see that on the deck there, obviously... :eek:

I don't think that had anything to do with your trip. I sounds more like you are having withdrawal from the smell of resin and the inhalation of fiberglass dust..... (lol) :propeller

rayjay

pmreed
10-18-2005, 08:59 AM
We have lots of Golden Orb, or "Banana Spiders" in FL. Several types. The big ones have front legs about as long as that cigarette.

Phil

Morgan's Cloud
10-18-2005, 10:45 AM
I've never heard of 'golden orb' or 'banana spiders' but that picture you posted , Phil , is what we call a "silk spider' out here.
Commonly making their webs in between close growing trees , they are said to be an early warning system for hurricanes as they move the web lower in the tree/closer to the ground when bad weather is approaching.

The damn webs are so strong that they could probably snag small birds !

farmer tx
10-20-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm guessing that the Orb was shipped to Texas from Ft. Lauderdale with my windshield for the Criterion.

harbormaster
10-20-2005, 09:22 AM
We have those down here. I remember riding my dirt bike in the woods near the brazos river. I rode into one of those spider webs and the spider hit mt in the face. I totally freaked and stepped off the bike at 15 mph.

ChromeGorilla
10-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Phil, had lots of Banana spiders in Jax....nasty lookin buggers... :fire: