PDA

View Full Version : How to lift boat with Davits

MarkB2000
10-17-2005, 07:47 AM
I have a 1995 Donzi Medallion 212. I have always used a lift to raise the boat, but now I have to move the boat to a location that only has a davit.

The boat has two eye lifts in the back and one in front. The one in front is under the boat about 2 foot (on the front edge), probably used for trailering the boat. On top is a rope eye hook that can be pushed down flush with the boat, but I don't think that would have the strength to be used to lift the boat.

How can I lift this boat using davits? There does not appear to be anyway to "extend" the eye hook from below the front to above the front as I do not have access to that part of the boat. The opening under the front seats does not go to the eye hook.

Also the back two eyes are underneath the ledge in the back of the boat and so I am worried about the strain from the davit wires on the back ledge.

Sport
10-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Mark,

I work for Davit Master, we have a couple of options for your issue. I would suggest a Bow Sling that would lift it from the trailer eye or using two spreader bars, one bow and one stern. All of them come with protective rubber sleeves. If you want to take a look at what we have go to,

www.davitmaster.com

click on the "visit our online store" icon and then go to Spreader Bars

Sport
(Tony)

MarkB2000
10-18-2005, 07:46 AM
The stainless steel bow sling that is rubber coated looks like my best option. I already have the spreader bar on the back davit.

Thanks for the replies.

Sport
10-18-2005, 11:19 AM
I will have the nylon slings available on there this afternoon in 1" and 2" diameters. Bow Slings and Stern Slings. Give me till about 2pm

Sport

Sport
10-19-2005, 03:36 PM
MarkB2000,

Your order is on the way, you should have it tomorrow.

Sport !