PDA

View Full Version : Live from Sarasota

Cuda
10-14-2005, 06:04 PM
We made it down, got the boat in, and to the hotel. Lots of folks here, met some old freinds, and meeting new ones.

Cuda
10-14-2005, 08:36 PM
There must be over a hundred people here for the rally.

Johno
10-14-2005, 09:15 PM
See you Sat. Mr Cuda. Boat is in the water ready to run. Little windy tonight.
See ya
John

donzi182003
10-14-2005, 09:22 PM
I really wish I could be there. I didnt have anyone to go with!!! Everyone was out of gas this weekend to go. I went out in Miami to try to console myself. I had a gentleman named Andy call me to ask about my boat for sale from the Sota' rally and my phone died and didnt store his number. If you read this post, my apologies. Nextel is no good.Try calling me again if you'd like. You all have fun.

Take care,
Ed

Donzigo
10-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Cuda,

David & I will be leaving the dock tomorrow at 8:00 AM to go meet the Northbound Donzis in Tampa Bay, for the ride to Gators.

bverd
10-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Here are the pics that I have from today... enjoy.

Friday Pictures (http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/events05_sota)

--bverd

Cuda
10-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Here are the pics that I have from today... enjoy.

Friday Pictures (http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/events05_sota)

--bverd
Brad, I don't know what you look like, catch me today so we can meet.

boldts
10-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Thanks guys for the pictures. I may not be there in person, but I'm there in spirit! There was no problem picking which shirt to wear today. It had to be a Hometown Rally t-shirt. :) Everyone keep it safe and have safe trips back home afterwards.

Dr. Dan
10-15-2005, 08:08 AM
:spongebob Jim ... Look for these two http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/members_drdan/AmyBrad

Can't miss one of them, now Brad well he'll be fishing Dwight outta the Pool.

Doc :beer:

mattyboy
10-15-2005, 10:12 AM
nice pics wish I was there , somebody have a drink with an umbrella, and get a lil sunburn for ole mattyboy :) everybody have a great time

but I'm too busy with the boat and all waiting for one more day of rain, what a PIA it was getting 2 of everything onboard
I got some green alligators..........

Matty
wondering what strange atomspherical anomaly is occuring outside some glowing gaseous sphere surronded by blue???? WTF could that be

7 days 14 inches of rain

onesubdrvr
10-15-2005, 10:16 AM
OK, to repeat myself:

If your not here, what the hell were ya thinking???

Scott n Heidi

Heading to the party :D :D D:

Have I mentioned I HATE dial up??
Well, ya can't win 'em all!!

What boat did you end up taking there Poodle? (trying to pick out everyone's boat in you're picture),

Everyone else?

Thanks!!
Have fun, be safe!!
Wayne

Cuda
10-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Rough day for me. We went to the boat, Debbie had it uncovered. I had her connect the baterry, and the bilge pump came on putting out a solid stream. I opened the hatch, and I had water up to the bottom of my exhaust. The bilge quit working after 30 seconds. I was about an inch from it coming over my bilge outlet, and that would have been all she wrote. I got a bucket out of my truck, and began bailing. I just barely had the room to work the bucket. About the time I got it low enough to take a break, my buddy Johno called on the cell and asked where we were. I told him we were still at the hotel about to sink. He was right at the entrance, and came in. We put a towline to his boat, and he towed me to the ramp. Meantime, Debbie got the trailer, and met us at the dock. We got it on the trailer with no trouble and pulled the plug.

Cuda
10-15-2005, 04:28 PM
I pulled it to the hotel lot by the marina. I pulled a hose over and washed everything down in the engine room. Then I borrowed some CRC from Catch22, and sprayed it on everything. I checked the oil, and didn't see any water in it. I tried the starter, and it turned over, so I had Deb hook up the hose, and fired the engine right up! I let it run long enough to be sure to dry all the electrical out, so I don't think I did any damage at all. I found it was leaking through the drive bellows. I thought about that last night that I'd never had it in the water long enough to know if anything leaked. The auto bilge didn't come on because I had disconnected the battery, since I had the switch out. I knew I should have checked it last night. That'll learn me.

Cuda
10-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I mostly dissapointed I missed the helicopter shots. Johno had just come across the bay, and said it was rough out there. Put it this way, he was in a 29 foot CC, and his wife wanted to take a cab back to St Pete. A couple of the 18's made it across, which surprised me. The people in 22's said it wasn't a fun ride. They've all made it back now. Gcarter made it in the Minx, as did Dalelamma in a Minx.

Cuda
10-15-2005, 04:34 PM
Pics from Gators. I asked Harbormaster what boat he came in, and he told me a 33Zx, and it wasn't too bad a ride. He asked what I rode in, and I told him F350. :embarasse

Cuda
10-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Pics from the morning meeting.

Cuda
10-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Pics from lunch at Gators.

Cuda
10-15-2005, 04:50 PM
More.

onesubdrvr
10-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Joe,

I'm SO sorry to hear about the Minx!!

Thanks for the pictures, will hope to see it, you and Deb in November!!

Wayne

bverd
10-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Sorry for the delay... here are the shots from Saturday.

Saturday Pictures (http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/events05_sota_sat)

--bverd

gcarter
10-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Well, this was our first trip to 'Sota w/the Minx.
We had a great time, met some new (to us) Donzi folks, like Mr Verd and Amy, CDMA and his dad.
The highlight on Saturday was definately the helicopter shoot (anything would beat the pounding we all received going to Gators). Like on the way back, we were following Fishboy, Phil Reed, Ricky R., and a nice gentleman from Chicago whose name I can't remember, all in longer boats than ours. Well after a few miles across the bay and trying to maintain about 35 MPH it got so rough, not only were we regularly going completely airborne, but the entire drive came out of the water six times!!!! :yes: :eek!: :eek!: (where was the helicopter when you had something to show?)
Well we slowed down to about 25-28 MPH for the last few miles.
Well, back to the helicopter, many of us were only offered shots from nearly overhead and not too much from the side (see below). If he had shown me more, I would have bought more pictures, go figure.
Still in all, aside from some sore backs, shoulders, arms, and stomach muscles, we had a good time.

Cuda
10-16-2005, 08:10 PM
The man behind the camera, Bverd and his lovely wife.

Mr X
10-17-2005, 08:28 AM
Wow! what a BLAST!!

Here are few more.....Donzi Kathy with our new addition,.......Tidbart and some cool Donzi's!

RickyR
10-17-2005, 09:18 AM
We're back, it was long ride but staying late on Sunday was worth it.. Lori and I met lots of nice people, and had a great weekend.

Mike did an awesome job getting everything to happen so easily, even all of the small details had been figured out.. From trailer parking, to having Alex assist with the launching.. Fine job Mike...

Thanks again, Ricky...

Mr X
10-17-2005, 10:00 AM
A couple more.......including our new Scorpion.

Look at the grin on Jamesbon!

Team Jefe
10-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Hot Donzi Girls and Hot Donzi Boats mixed in with Perfect Wather and it could be nothing but fun.

Cuda had the issue with the MINX, but didn't let it dampen his spirit for long :beer:

We had a...small...issue with the flights, like a 4 hour mis-communication with Orbitz, but we finally made it home around 0100 this morning. So, photo posts will be a little later.

Still a great time, those who missed it.....Don't, next year.

Thanks to all and a special thanks to a few:
1. Mike Miller - Simply the best !
2. Budmann and Donzi Jodi - for being such great hosts and friends
3. Tim White - Awesome ride in Smooth Operator, and letting her be the platform for the Red Bikini Crew pics.....Timmy, My unofficial vote for Best In Show.

More later, when I wake up

Budmann
10-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Jefe'... Glad we hurried to the Airport! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I was affraid you were going to be late. Sorry to hear you had to spend so much time in that little airport. Not much to do for a few minutes let alone 4 hours.

We had a great time with you and Renee and the Harbormaster.

Can't wait till next year!! :shades: :shades: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Will post pics later tonight.

rumshaker2
10-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi all! The Rumshaker's just wanted to let everyone know that our 1st event was a blast. It is always great having new friends and seeing all the beautiful Donzi's. We look forward to seeing the pictures everyone took. Hope everyone made it back home safely. See you at future events!!

The Rumshakers:wavey:

Donzi Angel
10-17-2005, 01:03 PM
I had a wonderful time this weekend and am very happy to have met such great people.

Budmann & Jodi --- don't forget to keep your force fields up :biggrin.: You guys rock -- thanks for letting us boat ho!

I wish we could have stayed longer :(

Jefe and HM - the flight ordeal completely sucked yesterday, but I cannot think of two better people the 6 hours in 2 different airports would have been better spent with. The mental picture of combustion (thanks HM) will not get out of my head soon enough.

Toothpicks are holding my eyelids open right now to get through today!

Hope to see you all again soon!

Renee

olredalert
10-17-2005, 05:05 PM
George,

--------Nice guy from Chi-town was undoubtably my good pal Bob Sindelar and his wife Pam in my old 22 red boat. I havent heard from them yet as they went on to go on some sort of cruise this coming week. Im sure they had as good a time as all you other miscreants. I missed it to spend time with my step-father on his 85th B-day on Cape Cod. Never saw the sun once for 6 straight days, but saw plenty of H20 every day...........Bill S

fastcat
10-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks to all, and especially Mike Miller, for making our first event such a great time. Everyone we met was fantastic and made us feel so welcome.

A special thanks to Mark "Last Tango" , for letting us ride in his 18 to Gators-
He proved that we CAN go thru HELL and get back! That was like an "E" ticket ride at Disney. Thanks Mark- you did a great job keeping the boat upright.

Tom and Gaye Hanley
Fastcat

undertaker
10-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Undertaker & Family had a great time thanks to Johntrip for letting me captain my former boat (33ZX) back from Gators :biggrin: , and a thanks to Tim White for taking me on a awesome 85 MPH speed run on Sunday :biggrin: . It was great to see everyone, can not wait until next year :yes: :yes: .

Undertaker :stan:

Cuda
10-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Undertaker & Family had a great time thanks to Johntrip for letting me captain my former boat (33ZX) back from Gators :biggrin: , and a thanks to Tim White for taking me on a awesome 85 MPH speed run on Sunday :biggrin: . It was great to see everyone, can not wait until next year :yes: :yes: .

Undertaker :stan:
I wondered if that was your old 33! :)

undertaker
10-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Yes it was... :yes:

sweet 16 1966
10-18-2005, 05:21 PM
WOW! We all had a great time, meet so many interesting people and look forward to the next time we meet again! We were boatless but thanks to Ricky and Lori and the "it grows on you F23" we had a blast. Thanks to Catch 22 for the 80 mph ride! Too bad we never got to open it up! I love that engine set up-my favorite! Thanks to Mike for sheer enjoyment and the entertainment on Saturday night! What planning went into all this! :cards:

Sheila was a trooper! I was so caught up in the Donzi excitement, I failed to realize how hurt her wrist was after we hit a bad wave on the trip to Gators, its broken! Good thing we had plenty of cocktails to nurse her back home! I know, I'm taking good care of her!! (Focus)

need for speed
10-18-2005, 06:54 PM
some pics

BUIZILLA
10-18-2005, 07:33 PM
Janice and I are forever humbled... actually, we are honored beyond belief at the Best Original Restored Award. :cool:

The all_to_cool clock deal was just icing on the cake... :bighug:

Thanks everyone, for a REALLY great time. And thanx for the great pic's of the Critter. :biggrin:

and the Rene' and Jodi Show >>> :smileybo: :smileybo:

Two things I can do without for next year though... the clown that unsnapped my cover while we were at the dinner Sat night, crawled through the Critter glove box, and stole the ignition keys to my 18 that Baxter left in there.... and to the huge meathead idiot that towed his kids wakeboard 50' off the beach Sunday and sent 6 waves crashing over the stern of the Critter and washed down the engine compartment with about 15 gallons with salt water as I was stowing the anchor getting ready to depart... :incredibl :incredibl

And what can you say about Tim White... just one of the coolest guys I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, just the epitome of First Class.

The Sunday morning run with CDMA in the 26' proto boat was awesome, what a rock solid boat, my body will break before that boat will... shhhhhhh. :lookaroun

JH and JH

psssssttttt.... Mikey.... think Holiday Isle..... or Sheraton Key Largo..... or....

Greg K
10-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Two things I can do without for next year though... the clown that unsnapped my cover while we were at the dinner Sat night, crawled through the Critter glove box, and stole the ignition keys to my 18 that Baxter left in there.... poor Bastard...I mean Baxter :wink: :biggrin: ...just be glad the crit's keys were not in there...

The Sunday morning run with CDMA in the 26' proto boat was awesome, what a rock solid boat, my body will break before that boat will... shhhhhhh. :lookaroun
umm...pics??

boxy
10-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Come on Poodle post the helo shot ........ :D

Speed-Racer
10-19-2005, 06:09 PM
BIG Thanks to Mike Miller for yet another outstanding event, and a room to stay in....only wish I would have had a boat.

It was great seeing everyone. More sweet memories...Saturday night with Mike,Woodsy,and the rest( you know who you are). Harbormaster I won't post those pics of you for your wifes sake....

Jodi good luck with the boat, and that 16 looks "sweet"!

bverd
10-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Sorry for the delay... I left my camera in FL and I just got it back (thanks CDMA)

Sunday Pictures (http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/events05_sota)

--bverd

fasttrucker
10-23-2005, 04:10 PM
The FastTrucker family had a great time.Thanks to Mike Miller and Johntrip for the ride saturday on his 33zx.Iam glad I won that cool donzi shirt and travel mug at the party.I look really good in that shirt! :cistineb: