PDA

View Full Version : Hull Stain / Cleaners

Sam
10-12-2005, 01:48 PM
I have some very light yellow staining on the botom of my boat. Must have happened at Cumberland since I keep it on a lift during the boating season, hmmm? Anyway has anyone used "FSR" or "Y10" stain removers, comments please. If at all possible I want to keep away from the acid based products such as "On Off" ect.

MOP, I'm sure you have seen pretty much all there is to see on this subject in your line of work............ your thoughts.

THX
Sam

Marlin275
10-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Something the Harbormaster ran across and recommended is Mcguire's hotwheels mag wheel spray. I and many others on the Donzi.net can heartily recommend it. Try it and you'll like it too!!

ChromeGorilla
10-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Go out and box case loads of MR Clean Magic Erasers....... use it on everything... and be amazed. No kidding. Hull, seats... whatever.... they friggin rock. There has not been one thing it wouldn't clean for me.... I have lots of boxes of them.

McGary911
10-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Something the Harbormaster ran across and recommended is Mcguire's hotwheels mag wheel spray. I and many others on the Donzi.net can heartily recommend it. Try it and you'll like it too!!

Guess that's this stuff: http://www.meguiars.com/?wheel-care/Hot-Rims-All-Wheel-Cleaner

Just double check the label. a lot of wheel cleaners are lye based (this one looks ok tho, says "safe"). Lye based would recommend gloves.

Trueser
10-12-2005, 02:42 PM
I used muratic acid. Spray it on with a bottle and hose it off.

Nasty stuff to work with but it cleans it up like new.

MOP
10-12-2005, 04:26 PM
I have been using the McGuires for a couple of years it work extremely well and fast, if you have an galvanized trailer wet it down first the McGuires will stain it as will Muratic acid but wetting it down stops that problem. I may give Chromies pads a try!

MOP