PDA

View Full Version : New Server

thriller
10-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know if and when this is going to happen? I thought the idea behind the Auction was to get a New Server. Not only have I not received my goods bought and paid for but I have neither seen nor heard any particulars?

Not trying to stir the pot but maybe just trying to put a flame under it:)

MM

txtaz
10-12-2005, 04:48 AM
HarborMaster and I will have everything reconciled from the auctions on Friday.
I was hoping winning bidders would work out the arrangments to get things shipped on their own, but if I need to give a little push, write me and let me know.
Wes

MOP
10-12-2005, 07:37 AM
If the server is almost ready things went pretty :checkered considering time of year, storms and various other stumbling blocks of life :bonk: . The auction stuff was suppose to be sent by the donors they too may have things that slowed their act down. Soon we will be up to speed and have all our goodies :D

Patiance is a verture :kyle:

MOP

harbormaster
10-12-2005, 09:22 AM
I called Wes yesterday to reconcile who was waiting on what so that I could get stuff out to people, but he was flying down a hiway somewhere is Florida.
We will get together on Friday in Florida.

Please be patient because of all the folks involved with this, its like herding cats to get everything finalized.

If you are afraid you are getting ripped off I will be more than happy to confidentially refund anyones money the same day they ask.

If you bought stuff in the auctions and you are going to the Donzi Rally in Sarasota, let me know and If I have it I will bring the stuff to the rally.

As for the server, I have been negotiating with the hosting company.
to get the very best deal on software and bandwidth. The server and software are going to be about 1900 dollars.
The MONTHLY fees will cost me to 260 dollars per month.

This is kinda scary for me because sometimes there are months with no donations from the board. :eek!:

Another note. I have purchased an upgrade to the board software. I have not installed it yet because the arcade will break when I install it. The newer upgrade for the Arcade is still in beta. I have purchased an upgrade to it and will install it and the new board software as soon as the release copy is available.

Because of time contrainsts due to my new bull**** job, I am shopping for a php/MySQL programmer to rewrite the registry page to allow everyone with a board login and password to upload their own boat photos and also update/edit their boat registry page. The best quote I have had is 400 bucks from a group of programmers in Russia.

Thriller,
What are you waiting on?

Scot.

thriller
10-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the update Gentleman:)

I am awaiting a copy of "Motorboat" Magazine featuring their cover story on a Blackhawk LE...I do appreciate and understand the effort and the hurdles everyone has faced lately.

Cheers, Mike

txtaz
10-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Mike, Have you written DonziBlackhawk?????????? I'm sure he will get it out to you.
Wes

DonCig
11-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Is the new server operational as of yet? I see that we have installed an upgrade to the leased site and I was wondering why we would do that before launching our own server package. I know very little about this process so please excuse my ignorance. I am just looking for the ability to upload pictures at more than 80kb x 2 pictures per time. This is a great site and I look forward to its improvement.

Thanks,

Carl C
11-02-2005, 06:35 AM
I called Wes yesterday to reconcile who was waiting on what so that I could get stuff out to people

If you are afraid you are getting ripped off I will be more than happy to confidentially refund anyones money the same day they ask.

Scot. I'd like to get the T-shirt I paid for but if I don't I'll gladly consider the $ as a donation. I appreciate all your effort Scot and I'm sure you'll get the bugs worked out.:tongue: (that should be worth at least 1 rep point)

Carl C
11-02-2005, 06:50 AM
I was hoping winning bidders would work out the arrangments to get things shipped on their own
Wes I have no idea where these shirts are supposed to come from (see previous post)

txtaz
11-02-2005, 07:55 AM
The shirts are coming from HarborMaster.
Da Taz

harbormaster
11-03-2005, 07:39 AM
Don,

I have chose to upgrade the server software before moving the site. Why? you might ask? Because that is the way I chose to do it you puny human.
There is another server being loaded right now with test software so that the testing does not.

Am I freaking out about the 260.00 a month I will be paying out of my pocket for this? Yes.

Do I get that much money from the board? No. Am I still going to do it? Yes.

Am I Nuts? yes.

The hurricane season did not help because there are more parties than just I involved in this whole migration process.

Everyone who is owed any items please email me at scot@donzi.net. Please put the word "Donzi" somewhere in the subject. Also include your phone number so I may call you and give a status.

Thankyou for your patience.