PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Corsican

cday@crescentschool.org
10-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Hey Guys!
I just got back from my cottage on Lake Rosseau, ON and I was out in my dad's old Corsican and I decided to take some pictures for all of you, as I know that you will apreceate the condition of this boat. It might be one of the few still working today! Anyways, I had it ripping this weekend with the cold water on a calm stretch of water, trimed it up, and put the taps up at i was flyin! This corsican is a 1976, as it was the last one made a few years after production and was casted with two others which are not in use today, it has a TRS outdrive, and a Corvette engine in it at the moment (original parts) it has never had a gelcoat problem or anything..Very good condition! its been very well kept and is priceless in our family! I hope you enjoy! Oh, and also I would like to recive suggestions on if you think we should update the outdrive and engine (as the TRS sucks about 50 hp out of it). Look forward to hearing from all of you Thanks!
-Cam

Ed Donnelly
10-10-2005, 10:24 PM
WOW, beautiful boat. I love the trs in my Criterion. Trouble free and can handle the horsepower. Looks like you are never going to part with this beauty, so do what tickles your fancy. Just remember the golden rule. If you ever do decide to sell her, she stays in Canada :canada: ;) ...Ed

Cuda
10-10-2005, 10:30 PM
I know a lot of people on here say that keeping it original isn't that important on Donzi's, but I think this one is the exception to the rule. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

cday@crescentschool.org
10-10-2005, 10:58 PM
WOW, beautiful boat. I love the trs in my Criterion. Trouble free and can handle the horsepower. Looks like you are never going to part with this beauty, so do what tickles your fancy. Just remember the golden rule. If you ever do decide to sell her, she stays in Canada :canada: ;) ...Ed
Yup, u got that right, this summer i was out in the Corsican having a nice joy ride and then i brought her back into the dock, then a 16 classic followed me in, telling me he had to come over after not beliveing his eyes from the water and kept insisting that I sell it to him (about 4 times), and I told him there was a long line of obituaries and many other people before that day! (a list full of canadians!)..Thanks for those words of wisdom!

lars
10-11-2005, 04:59 AM
If Napoleon was around today he would give You an offer on this boat that You would not be able to refuse. Since he's not to worry about don't ever let this one leave Your family. Keep the TRS, reliability and originality is hard to beat. No matter have fast You set this one up You won't be able to keep people at a distance, You got a boat anybody wants to see up close! :wink:
Yup, u got that right, this summer i was out in the Corsican having a nice joy ride and then i brought her back into the dock, then a 16 classic followed me in, telling me he had to come over after not beliveing his eyes from the water and kept insisting that I sell it to him (about 4 times), and I told him there was a long line of obituaries and many other people before that day! (a list full of canadians!)..Thanks for those words of wisdom!

CHACHI
10-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Stock is trick. Ken

Tim Morris
10-11-2005, 02:28 PM
WOW!

Right in my own backyard.

(Canadians have really big backyards)

I wouldn't touch it unless I was forced to; shortage of parts et al.

McGary911
10-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Wow....that boat looks just about perfect. Keep it as is. I love the way my TRS shifts. Can you say smooth...With that power, it will be almost impossible to break your TRS. If anything, the MERC II trans is the weak link. Use type F fluid (nothing with dextron) in the trans. Even if the trans does go south, BW makes a replacement. It requires moving the engine up a bit (4"??) though.

BTW, get used to Donzi owners chasing you down to see your ride :yes: It's a special one.

cday@crescentschool.org
10-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Hull number???
I will try to get it, but i am not sure when I am going up to my cottage, it may be a couple of weeks but hang in there!

Sam
10-12-2005, 01:59 PM
WOW, great looking boat. The only suggestion I have is to sell it to me :cistineb: , it will fit perfectly in my boat house. WHAT A GEM !!

Sam

donzi182003
10-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Well. I found something else I will definitely own in the future.. Did you have to post this CDAY?:rlol: Now I want one. Thats a beautiful boat and I had never seen a Corsican and I love the way it looks. I would put in a 6.2 MPI merc with a Bravo 1X drive. You would have a trouble free boat with major speed and reliability. But thats a $$$$$ option. Your current engine/drive combo is cool.

mphatc
10-13-2005, 04:39 PM
CDAY

Very cool! Another one surfaces! There are numerous Corsican owners here on this board. One in particular also claims his was the last one built . . . . also a TRS boat, hull number C18C54
We'll all be very curious to see the hull number you have on the boat.

I have collected the hull numbers, owners names and locations of as many Corsican's that I can find, best as I can do right now is 20 boats. Of these atleast 16 are in use. If you couls send me all your contact info when you get the hull number that would great.

As for your poll, keep it as is, TRS and Corvette/Chevy power. Maybe add electronic ignition for reliabilty.

Send it direct: MarioVSR1@verizon.net

Mario L.
C18C32 built in 1969 fresh from a deck off rebuild and new power and outdrive .

mphatc
10-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Wow, I just went back and looked at your pictures, this is the only Corsican I've seen with:
Right hand steering.
Instruments thru dash individually w/o the backing panel.
Handles on the engine hatches.

What is under the hand hole twist port between the seats? My stock tank ended way forward of that location . . .

What a beautiful boat!!!

Mario

Formula Jr
10-13-2005, 07:14 PM
That boat belongs in Robb Report or Dupont Registry.....

cday@crescentschool.org
10-13-2005, 10:03 PM
CDAY

Very cool! Another one surfaces! There are numerous Corsican owners here on this board. One in particular also claims his was the last one built . . . . also a TRS boat, hull number C18C54
We'll all be very curious to see the hull number you have on the boat.

I have collected the hull numbers, owners names and locations of as many Corsican's that I can find, best as I can do right now is 20 boats. Of these atleast 16 are in use. If you couls send me all your contact info when you get the hull number that would great.

As for your poll, keep it as is, TRS and Corvette/Chevy power. Maybe add electronic ignition for reliabilty.

Send it direct: MarioVSR1@verizon.net

Mario L.
C18C32 built in 1969 fresh from a deck off rebuild and new power and outdrive .
Yea, i will try to get it for you, could yu send me the infomation you have on the others i would love to have it also! I am pretty sure this is the last one made because it was a 1976, my dad ran Donzi Canada before Donzi went bankrupt and the contrats went void. He contacted donzi and got then to remake a another 3 boats, they casted three more, this one being, obiously one of those three.

Ed Donnelly
10-13-2005, 11:32 PM
I think I met your dad a couple of years ago in Woodbridge, at a little Italian Restaurant. He noticed the Donzi Racing decals on my Harley pick up. He knew John Chisholm, Roy Farmer, etc. etc. Next time you talk to him, see if he remembers the conversation........Ed

TuxedoPk
10-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Would those three have a standard Donzi Hull ID #s? Not to diminish anything from such a gorgeous boat, but are these three Donzis or splashes? It's 2:30am and I'm perhaps misreading this thread so please forgive me if I'm way off on the question.

He contacted donzi and got then to remake a mold from another boat, and then they casted three more, this one being, obiously one of those three.

cday@crescentschool.org
10-14-2005, 09:11 AM
I think I met your dad a couple of years ago in Woodbridge, at a little Italian Restaurant. He noticed the Donzi Racing decals on my Harley pick up. He knew John Chisholm, Roy Farmer, etc. etc. Next time you talk to him, see if he remembers the conversation........Ed
Will do...

cday@crescentschool.org
10-14-2005, 09:14 AM
Would those three have a standard Donzi Hull ID #s? Not to diminish anything from such a gorgeous boat, but are these three Donzis or splashes? It's 2:30am and I'm perhaps misreading this thread so please forgive me if I'm way off on the question.
I am pretty sure they are still part of the standard hull numbers... i will double check once i get the hull number.. but i highly doubt they are splases, my dad wouldnt have goten them if that was the case...

Danny
10-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Surprising how many of the Corsicans have gravitated to Ontario. There is a Volvo mechanic/dealer in Pickering that has one and he has a customer with one, and there are at least 2 if not 3 in the Honey Harbour area.
Danny

cday@crescentschool.org
10-14-2005, 09:21 AM
That boat belongs in Robb Report or Dupont Registry.....
thanks, ill look into that lol...jks

boldts
10-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Do you have a trailer? That Donzi needs to be at a few Donzi gatherings. What a beautiful boat and with so few of them built, a piece of history. Closest to you would be the annual 1000 Islands gathering, but I know Canada is a very big place. I think I need to plan a trip to your home just to meet you and see this boat.

It's like us having a motorcycle museum here in Columbus, Ohio. Most people unless they are avid motorcyclest don't even know about it. You have a museum piece right there at your dock.

Rob M
10-15-2005, 08:37 AM

:yes: CDAY:

That was me that tracked you down. Your Corsican is absolutely beautiful - believe me, pictures don't do it justice. And after hearing your story that day, I agree, keep it in the family (just adopt me please, I don't even need to change citizenship!).

Let me recount: I was coming back to the cottage in my 16' with my wife and kids and I saw what looked like a red 18' RIPPING by in front of me and around Edith island, then realized it was a Corsican! Too cool. I couldn't believe that a Donzi model I've been seeking for many years had been literally around the corner all that time. As soon as I saw the multi-coloured seats, TRS, and right hand drive I knew it was a 76, and probably one of the last ones made. It still looks brand new. I would keep everything original if possible - given the post-production story you told me, your boat is just too special to change.

I've since added to the fleet with a 76 Hornet. Hope to see you on Rosseau next summer, and thanks for giving me the history of your boat that day.

Rob

olredalert
10-16-2005, 10:57 PM
--------Geez,,, I go on walkabout for a couple of days and look what pops up.
--------C-day, I also have a TRS/280 combo Corsican here in Michigan. Light blue and white. I have recently repowered but I would have to be dead for the TRS to leave its transom. I, obviously am also very interested in your hull# as I had been told a long time ago that my boat was the last Corsican built... It is also titled 1976 and was delivered to Ohio new and wound its way up to me thru two other owners, both from MI. Interestingly, mine was delivered with X-18 bucket seats. Are your buckets the originals??? I also was told (obviously erroneously) that my boat was the only TRS optioned Corsican ever built.
--------It really is sounding a bit like we may have to do a Corsican reunion next summer. Since so many are in Ontario and Im close it would be cool to do something maybe around the Muskokas. How about other suggestions??? I would love to have all come here to the St.Clair river/Harsens Island area as well.
--------C-day,,,,could you E-mail me your Ph.No. and name and good time to call and yack a bit???............Bill S.......Ol Red Alert

--------P.S.,,,,,,By the way, Mario, my C-boat is right hand drive as well...WDS

olredalert
10-31-2005, 10:56 AM
-------Just re-read CDAYs history and realize that hes a young (19) DONZI guy. Glad his dad got him going the right way early in life. Cam, if you come back on the sight and read this I still would look forward to that pow-wow some time with either you or your dad. The talk about the Corsican get-together was not idle chit-chat either. Just leave me a good E-mail or ph.no. and Ill get back to you!!!...........Ol Red,,,,,,Bill S

cday@crescentschool.org
11-05-2005, 06:17 PM
-------Just re-read CDAYs history and realize that hes a young (19) DONZI guy. Glad his dad got him going the right way early in life. Cam, if you come back on the sight and read this I still would look forward to that pow-wow some time with either you or your dad. The talk about the Corsican get-together was not idle chit-chat either. Just leave me a good E-mail or ph.no. and Ill get back to you!!!...........Ol Red,,,,,,Bill S

Yea you can e-mail me with any questions you may have at ohbaby_leafs@hotmail.com .....sorry about the slow response.