PDA

View Full Version : Trim & tilt switch

tmdog
10-10-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm looking for a T&T switch which looks like a turn signal and is mounted on the column or bolts under the steering wheel. I found a blk. plastic one but more interested in a chrome one. Any idea where I can get one??

MOP
10-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Just a suggestion I would go with the button on the wheel type, I rigged a stalk years back. It was really neat and easy to use until I whipped the wheel one day and broke the darn thing off. I put a button one on which has the advantage of being at your finger tips and being able to change trim in a long turn with the wheel over one way or the other.

Phil

tmdog
10-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Thanks MOP, I might have to rethink this item.

joseph m. hahnl
10-11-2005, 06:42 PM
Are you talking about the activation button to the power trim of the out drive.

My button is on my throttle and gear shifter it works the balls because it's on top and activated with my thumb. so as i throttle up or down it is right there no need to put my hands any where else. that is the way to go unless you are talking about somthing completly different.

JOE

gold-n-rod
10-11-2005, 09:12 PM
My button is on my throttle and gear shifter it works the balls because it's on top and activated with my thumb.

You must have a wiring problem. Mine works the drive trim. The balls get raised and lowered by the water temperature!!!!! :jestera:

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOP
10-11-2005, 10:22 PM
:shocking: :shocking: :garfield:

tmdog
10-12-2005, 09:19 AM
The reason I am looking for a T&T switch on or near the steering wheel is that I'm using a foot throttle. Since the lever is only going to be used for shifting, I would have better control by keeping both hands on the wheel and T&T when necessary. The foot throttle is the best upgrade I have done for my 18. I believe it was this site that a member posted a pic of a lever near the steering and I don't know who?

Rodger
10-12-2005, 11:21 AM
The reason I am looking for a T&T switch on or near the steering wheel is that I'm using a foot throttle. Since the lever is only going to be used for shifting, I would have better control by keeping both hands on the wheel and T&T when necessary. The foot throttle is the best upgrade I have done for my 18. I believe it was this site that a member posted a pic of a lever near the steering and I don't know who?

tmdog- Are you using a foot throttle that works in conjunction with the hand throttle also? I am thinking of installing a foot throttle but I think I would also want the ability to maintain a speed using the hand control for slow cruise conditions.

tmdog
10-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Foot throttle only, just like my last 18. Wouldn''t have it any other way.

Rodger
10-12-2005, 04:40 PM

Is it difficult or tiring to maintain a constant speed for extended periods?

tmdog
10-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Not at all. The other day traveled 75 mi. on the lake(according to the odometer on the dept finder). No stress at all and in total control for oncoming wakes and other mysterios factors, like lake lice.

joseph m. hahnl
10-12-2005, 07:12 PM
You must have a wiring problem. Mine works the drive trim. The balls get raised and lowered by the water temperature!!!!! :jestera:

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper:
your right : my co pilot operates my balls very nicley:yes: :fire:

joe

joseph m. hahnl
10-12-2005, 07:16 PM

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I understand

To each is his own! I like all in together in the one spot.

good luck in your search ;)

joe

mattyboy
10-12-2005, 10:01 PM
being a phone guy, i just stay away from things wired to things that spin
so I would rather go with one of these type setups, plus I like having controls that are always in the same spot, hence the name control not guess ;)

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6391

tmdog
10-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Matty, Where did you get the wheel/trim control?

mattyboy
10-13-2005, 09:36 AM
not mine I ain't got no trim ;) but if i did that would be the way

that's from mr Pearson's 18 pumpkin and Richard Weavers 14

Mr Pearson used to frequent these parts, have not seen him here in quite awhile???

tmdog
10-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks Matty. You are right about Pearson, Not being heard from, at least on this site. That is one fine dash and everytime I see it I have to say "WOW".
Still looking where they sell those type of trim switch. Anyone?

Danny
10-13-2005, 02:27 PM
Try this http://www.thmarine.com/product.cfm?PRID=25

I went this route http://www.thmarine.com/product.cfm?PRID=28

My HOTFOOTl and throttle work in tandom, MOP told me how to rig my but I think there may be store bought kits to do it, TH Marine may have something now.
Danny