PDA

View Full Version : bilge pump leaking

blueliner
10-08-2005, 04:13 PM
turned on bilge pump and water was squirting up from point where hose hooks on to pump. climbed down in there, barely could get my hand on it, and i think the plastic piece is cracked where the hose hook on to. anyone else experience this??? do i need to replace the whole pump or is it two separate pieces. again space is limited and i can barely get in there to do an inspection. thanks in advance

Mr X
10-08-2005, 04:22 PM
3 pieces, the piece you need is the middle one. You have to buy the entire pump to get it.

blueliner
10-08-2005, 04:44 PM
luckily it is under warranty!!!!:yes:
3 pieces, the piece you need is the middle one. You have to buy the entire pump to get it.

blueliner
10-08-2005, 04:53 PM
how much time are we looking at and is it easy to swap out???
luckily it is under warranty!!!!:yes:

Mr X
10-08-2005, 05:02 PM
15 minutes

Barry Phillips
10-11-2005, 10:43 AM
The pump mount is also a week link. The pump turns and locks into the mount via tabs at the base of the pump. Last season one of the plastic tabs on my pump broke off, which caused the pump to move around putting stress on the hose connection and cracking it also. I purchased a new pump $39.00 US and I was able to reuse the Donzi wire harness in the bilge. Make sure your dealer doesn’t cut and splice your harass, which is not necessary. I had to remount my pump just this past weekend since it was again out of it's mount. Cawing down into the bilge on right side of the motor was best approach for me, I merely discontented hose, did a little house cleaning while I was down there and rotated the pump back into it's mount and reconnect the hose. With all that said the hose puts a stress on the pump and tries to rotated it out of the mount. So I tried to route the hose a little more directly the flange so it dose not twist the pump body.