PDA

View Full Version : This is weird!!!!!!

gcarter
10-06-2005, 07:33 AM
GATOR HARD TO SWALLOW FOR PYTHON

October 6, 2005 -- MIAMI — The alligator has some foreign competition at the top of the Everglades food chain, and the results of the struggle are horror-movie messy.
A 13-foot Burmese python recently burst after it apparently tried to swallow a live, 6-foot alligator whole, authorities said.

"It means nothing in the Everglades is safe from pythons, a top-down predator," said Frank Mazzotti, a University of Florida wildlife professor.

The incident has heightened biologists' fears that the non-native snakes could threaten other animals.

"There had been some hope that alligators can control Burmese pythons," Mazzotti said. "This indicates to me it's going to be an even draw." AP

Hey PM Reed, better keep your python inside!!!!!

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/29042.htm

Cuda
10-06-2005, 07:51 AM
There was a picture of it too. Talk about biting off more than you can eat!

olredalert
10-06-2005, 08:46 AM
-------That must have made for quite a picture...........Bill S

boxy
10-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Here's a link to some video...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051005/ap_on_fe_st/gator_python

Let's see, it's clear, sunny, and 75 degrees today here in the Great White North, you can keep your version of paradise...... :D :D

gcarter
10-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Wellllllll....I guess I really don't know anyone that lives in the Everglades.

mattyboy
10-06-2005, 11:11 AM
I keep a copy of all these little bits of info on living in paradise
and someday soon when we decide to pack it in and retire I will take them out and say oh yeah right Forida :p
and why is it always someone who owns a boat in the land of perpetual boating always the one to find this kinda stuff surfing the net???or do they all have wi fi on their boats???

Cuda
10-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Let's see, it's clear, sunny, and 75 degrees today here in the Great White North, you can keep your version of paradise...... :D :D
Get back to us mid February. :)

gcarter
10-06-2005, 07:32 PM
and why is it always someone who owns a boat in the land of perpetual boating always the one to find this kinda stuff surfing the net???or do they all have wi fi on their boats???
It's because we don't have to get a whole season of boating in one week. :yes: :banghead:
In fact, boating here in July, August and September isn't all that much fun since it rains everyday.

It's a lot more fun in;

October

November

December

January

February

March

April

:biggrin.: :wink:

MrsDigger
10-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Something about...nasty, big, pointy teeth....or was that....alligator mouth-hummingbird ass....

Lenny
10-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Wellllllll....I guess I really don't know anyone that lives in the Everglades.

Marco Island and Sanibel is damn close and we know people there :yes:

I follow my geography and the people here George. :tongue:

Cuda
10-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Marco Island and Sanibel is damn close and we know people there :yes:

I follow my geography and the people here George. :tongue:
Neither of them is in the swamp. Now if we have any members from Everglades City, or Flamingo......................................... :alligator

Lenny
10-06-2005, 11:27 PM
:D :D :D

...coming there shortly... at least I will see it from offshore ( way offshore)when leaving Ft. Meyers to Key West :D

boxy
10-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Sort of like a Toona Bean salad...... :kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken:

Islander
10-07-2005, 10:18 AM

This is us in January and February.

mattyboy
10-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Obiviously NO ONE IN THE WATER CAUSE OF THE SNAKES AND GATORS!!!!! :p ;)

Islander
10-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Obiviously NO ONE IN THE WATER CAUSE OF THE SNAKES AND GATORS!!!!! :p ;)

:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

True, but at least our sharks aren't as bad as the ones in NY.