PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone "measured" a 22' Blackhawk X dim

Lenny
10-05-2005, 01:45 PM
...in relation to the ORIGINAL bottom, before it was modified by DONZI? I have looked at Mikes, (not close enough mind you,...YET ;) ) but the X-dim measurements are in relation to the actual bottom. So they should be.

But, the Blackhawk 22's have a lateral line about 8 feet forward of the transom where the bottom has been shaved, (re-shaped) and I am wondering what the STOCK 22 Classic transom height is, from under the rubrail on the hull to hull bottom, and what the transom measures on a Blackhawk 22.

I bet they are NOT the same height which will bring into play a lot of other numbers for X dimension placement on BH Donzis.

How much was shaved and is it just between the inner strakes?

Raining today, can you tell :D

thriller
10-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Lenny Lenny Lenny

Skunkworks are in motion I see.. A BH on the yellow beast. Nice:wink:

Hey..Focus now..Don't you have a kitchen to build;)

ibyte
10-05-2005, 04:49 PM
I'd also be interested to know if the mold for the blackhawk hull is still in usable condition.

And if Donzi would agree to use it on a special order boat(22 classic or gt22)

MOP
10-05-2005, 05:04 PM
Lenny check Don Cig's post some good info there.

Phil

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38407&page=5&pp=15

Lenny
10-05-2005, 05:32 PM
Phil, I have read all that and more ;) before.

But, the transom height on a Blackhawk 22, I bet, is about 1-1 1/2" shallower than a regular 22 and THEN they place the Bravo transom assembly with the given X ( +3-ish) on the transom. So in fact, (what I am getting at) is that the drive is probably about 4-4 1/2" higher than it would be on a stock 22 when you take the "shaving" into account that they did on the innerstrake hull form towards the transom.

See what I am saying ??? Yes, it is measured from the bottom on a Blackhawk boat, BUT, it is not the same bottom anymore for reference measurements when compared to a 22 Classic.

Mr X
10-05-2005, 05:36 PM
I'd also be interested to know if the mold for the blackhawk hull is still in usable condition.

And if Donzi would agree to use it on a special order boat(22 classic or gt22)
It was cut up and thrown away years ago. :confused: