PDA

View Full Version : Coal burning stoves

MOP
10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Figured a new section for coal, I have heated with both wood & coal. The wood was fine for my 3 bed room ranch but when I moved to an OLD colonial 4 Bed room un insulated house even a big one just did not cut it. I bought a large Godin coal stove which did a better then good job and only required stoking twice a day, I had no heat circulation problems as the house had floor grates to supply the upper level. I am thinking of putting a stove in the new house as many of us are, not sure which way I will go this time.

Phil

boxy
10-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Do they still sell coal, or do you have to mine it yourself ??

Rootsy
10-05-2005, 01:44 PM
:rlol: now that's some funny sheet boxy...

actually yeah you can still buy coal pretty easily.. least you can around me.. local amish ship it in by the truck load since most of them heat with it... i actually have a piece of coal about a cubic foot large sitting outside the house side door since the previous owner had a coal burner in the dining room...

mattyboy
10-05-2005, 02:56 PM
well 60 + years of getting coal from Santa should give him a good stock pile

Lenny
10-05-2005, 04:14 PM
You want coal ??? Here is more than you could ever use.

This is the Superport in Vancouver, pics taken on my morning ferry ride home from Texas. Anyways, it is mined in the Interior of B.C. , arrives on train whereas the "cars" are flipped and dumped here, where they load freighter after freighter, 24/7 for the last ba-zillion years and it is boated to Japan and China economies. The rest to the right, (last pics) is the container portion of the docks.

We used to (when I worked in Vancouver) take our "phone Company" trucks down to the end of the pier, (first pic) where there was a pay phone. We would pretend to be the "pay phone guys", start chatting, and then get tours of these ships. Incredible units. 900+ feet long, decks with sealed hatches for cargo so that when the "seas" would go over the deck :eek: the cargo would stay dry. Really cool.

So anyways Phil, we have coal here if you need it. :D