PDA

View Full Version : NHL opening night......anyone care????

ChromeGorilla
10-05-2005, 10:34 AM
.....I guess not..... on ESPN's website there is a poll asking are you excited about NHL's opening night? 70% don't care while 30% do...... I will have to agree with this poll......especially with the playoffs in full swing... ;)

409biscayne
10-05-2005, 11:29 AM
.....I guess not..... on ESPN's website there is a poll asking are you excited about NHL's opening night? 70% don't care while 30% do...... I will have to agree with this poll......especially with the playoffs in full swing... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif
I'm part of the 30% , i'd enjoy a game on tv , nearest NHL city is Vancouver and its 400 miles away , so im kind of a Canucks fan . Maybe i'll have to get together with the Donzi guys from B.C. and go to a game , if you can even get a ticket .

Jack Frost
10-05-2005, 11:37 AM
Wow where does the time go if it's hockey season I must be getting back to work, where did I put my snowballs

I'm back boys and i love all this talk about stoves and heat
you're gonna need it :chillpill

boxy
10-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Hey Shiney Simian, if you take the Donzi.net family as a North American barometer, it appears as many people care about the NHL season as the MLB playoffs, based on thread views.

TuxedoPk
10-05-2005, 01:49 PM
YES. I'm going to the Devils game tonight

boxy
10-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Nice Tux, I will be at the Sens game Saturday, and I think I will be having a few beers and chatting with Matty tonight as the Sens pummell the Leafs, and the Flyers school the Rangers.....

Jack, you can ease up a little bit, early season, and playoffs are the only times we get to tailgate up here, it's too damn cold once we get to November..... :D

roadtrip se
10-05-2005, 02:17 PM
in Hockeytown! And ain't it grand!

Does seem a little strange with the temps in the 80's, but we'll get around to old Jack when we're darn good and ready!

Bring it on!

txtaz
10-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Nope, I don't care anymore. I go to AHL games now where they don't whine about about their million dollar salaries just like the baseball players did years ago. Hymmm, come to think about it, we haven't been to a baseball game since then either. At least in AHL, they work for their measly salaries and play for the love of the game...NOT the money.
Da Taz<<<----Ex goalie who took down a big strapping PRO European forward while groggy

Cuda
10-05-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm just wondering if my Lightning is going to have to lug that big ass Cup around for two more years. :)

blueliner
10-05-2005, 05:46 PM
not if my canucks have anything to say about it. i will be leaving to go to the game in a couple hours. my season seats have missed me and "the garage" will be rocking tonight. my prediciton 4-2 canucks w/ an empty netter.
I'm just wondering if my Lightning is going to have to lug that big ass Cup around for two more years. :)

blueliner
10-05-2005, 05:48 PM
i'm a season ticket holder. i usually can't go during the week because of work. let me know you can have um for face value and maybe afterwards we could have a beer. (3rd row club seats, they are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I'm part of the 30% , i'd enjoy a game on tv , nearest NHL city is Vancouver and its 400 miles away , so im kind of a Canucks fan . Maybe i'll have to get together with the Donzi guys from B.C. and go to a game , if you can even get a ticket .

Carl C
10-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Detroit will always be Hockeytown. Who the hell cares about baseball anymore? I'd rather watch bowling. More action!:yes:

Cuda
10-05-2005, 09:16 PM
The Bolts opened up their defense of the cup with a 5 to 2 victory. :)

olredalert
10-05-2005, 09:28 PM
--------Wings smoked em!!!! I dont mind that, but Im more tuned into our new level three team in Port Huron this year as it is all new. As well its a whole bunch cheaper to watch and you sit waaaaaay nearer the action. As far as Im concerned, the action is about the same for one quarter the price. I have a bunch of seats so come on up and join the fun..........Bill S

boxy
10-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Sens just beat the Leafs 3-2 OT Shootout.....
Canucks/Coyotes on now.....
Hey I think I see Blueliner.... :D

409biscayne
10-05-2005, 11:40 PM
i'm a season ticket holder. i usually can't go during the week because of work. let me know you can have um for face value and maybe afterwards we could have a beer. (3rd row club seats, they are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!) Awesome , count me in for later this fall , how about around u.s. thanksgiving , nov 24 . I'll be in Vanc then. ( the beer sounds really good )
Thanks ............................ Doug

blueliner
10-06-2005, 01:15 AM
just let me know plenty of time ahead. tix up here are scarce for a reasonable price. the scalpers are always calling me and paying good coin for them. btw, canucks win 3-2. 2 sweet goals from naslund.
Awesome , count me in for later this fall , how about around u.s. thanksgiving , nov 24 . I'll be in Vanc then. ( the beer sounds really good )
Thanks ............................ Doug

Carl C
10-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Woo Hoo! Red Wings are 7-1, 14 points, number 1 in the NHL!!! Go Wings! Is there any way to get Fox Sports Net through Dish Network? It's killing me to miss all these games. :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv::fire:

boxy
10-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Woo Hoo! Red Wings are 7-1, 14 points, number 1 in the NHL!!! Go Wings! Is there any way to get Fox Sports Net through Dish Network? It's killing me to miss all these games. :tv: :tv: :tv: :tv::fire:

It must suck to already have a loss ..... :D
http://www.nhl.com/

Cuda, what happened to your Stanley Cup winning team.....
0/7 on the Power Play with only 3 shots.

Carl, you need to get yourself a grey market Canadian dish, and buy the NHL Network package, every game, every night.....

edit: Here you go Carl ..... http://www.dishnetworkproducts.com/programming/sports.php

Scroll down to the Hockey section, 40 games a week minimum :hyper: :hyper:

Carl C
10-22-2005, 06:07 PM
Boxy, Ottawa is off to a great start too. I wonder if the Senators and Wings play this season. The new schedules suck Oh well, maybe we'll meet in the finals. Your solution is kind of expensive and radical. Thanks for the links but I'll have to think about this.:tv: :eek!:

goatee
10-23-2005, 03:31 PM
did you guys see the wings/bluejackets last night???
6-0 all wings baby!!!!!!!! :spongebob

Doug G
10-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Carl, I hope you get OLN. Wings are on it tonight, right now, as a matter of fact. I know OLN is just starting with hockey, but it's like listening to a Windsor Spitfire game. :rlol:

Carl C
10-24-2005, 07:50 PM
No I don't get oln (is that Outdoor Life Net?). But I do get Fox Sports Net now!:yippie:

Carl C
10-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Boxy, what happened to your Senators? Wings are now 9-1-0:yippie: . I got my Fox Sports Net and other local sports channels for $6 a mo.:)

boxy
10-25-2005, 08:28 PM
82 games makes for a long season, you can't win them all. :D :D
I haven't had the chance to watch many Hurricane games, but damn, they have some team speed, to bad the fans in Carolina don't realize that they are missing out, the rink was half empty.....