PDA

View Full Version : Who's laughing now?

joseph m. hahnl
10-04-2005, 05:22 PM
OK your all going to laugh at me . But it is to funny to keep the secret.
So any way I took Rooster Tail down the Merrimack river from Nashua NH. to Lowell Mass. I was running 60mph Speedometer. when all of a sudden the gauge went to zero. I figured it was the tube popped of the water pick up.
Yes it did!!! I reached over and used one hand on the out drive and with the other put the tube back on. well as you can imagine my whole body was hanging over the back of the boat.When I was done I went to push my self back up.
I pivited a little and then well. I said Help, Help,Help, by the third help it was over and I fell in the water T shirt,Wallet,socks and shoes. I quickly climed up the out drive . I was in and out so fast my wallet never even got wet. When i asked my girl "why didn't you stop me from falling in" she laughed and said "so i could go with in with you" I just had to laugh my self. cause Hey what are you going to do? the constalation was the speedo was working again.

joe

Lenny
10-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Similar, but not entirely, I DARE ANYONE to walk on the deck of Mark and Pollys' Criterion. Not that you are not allowed, everyone is allowed, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to stay on it. If you are not grabbing the light/rail/windshield a rope, anything, you are gone over the side. I have NO IDEA what he has as polish on his deck, but it is like wearing ice cubes on your feet/pants/jeans anything. It is like a "jump off" point.

Cuda
10-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Joe, you were just lucky she didn't have a video cam with her. :)

Woodsy
10-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Joe...

I hope your familiar with that river.... there be some serious rocks! You definitely have to watch out by that turn just south of the Tyngsboro Bridge where they keep the houseboat...

Be careful on weekends or the river cops will get ya. Speed limit in MA is 45 and the Chelmsford Police RIB will do close to 60...

I miss the old stompin grounds.

Woodsy

Surfer
10-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Wow, I was born in Nashua, haven't been back there in years...as I remember the river wasn't the cleanest, have you had your shots?

joseph m. hahnl
10-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Joe...

I hope your familiar with that river.... there be some serious rocks! You definitely have to watch out by that turn just south of the Tyngsboro Bridge where they keep the houseboat...

Be careful on weekends or the river cops will get ya. Speed limit in MA is 45 and the Chelmsford Police RIB will do close to 60...

I miss the old stompin grounds.

Woodsy

I know it very well: I by pass that part of the river and go through the canal that cuts thru the golf course. All though I did tag a small rock in the canal with my skeg at idle It did'nt touch the prop and did'nt damage the skeg.So now I know were that rock is and will keep clear of it.
I know the ledge your talking about and have seen many a boats come back out with two blades left on thier props and no skegs.

As far as my shots go! Didn't you know? they brew budwiser from the river up stream and filter out all the shcmuck:beer:

joe

Trueser
10-05-2005, 08:28 PM
That happened twice at PK4. One fell into the boat and one off the back.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

McGary911
10-07-2005, 02:04 PM
I think everyone here has taken an unplanned swim. They always seem to happen in slo motion too.......Look at the bright side, at least you werent hanging from your kevlar speedo :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: Who was that again? One of the funniest things i have ever heard.

Rootsy
10-07-2005, 02:19 PM
i took a tumble from the 16 once... i had a cylinder head in my hands at the time... and the deck was so slippery i kinda lost balance for a second, slipped backward, caught the cleat with my jeans and landed on my back in the yard... i knew i was going and there was no stopping it.. i gave that head a heave-ho and i was on my merry way to the ground... the cylinder head bounced off the deck twice and landed about 2 feet from my head... i just remember watchin that head bouncing off the glass.. i was like god that is gonna leave a mark... not OH CRAP that;ll kill me if it lands on me... needless to say.. after i changed my drawers i just packed it up and went and had a beer or two... i've done some stupid stuff in my life and i've lived to tell about it but tthat one ranks right up there with the ricochet that i ended up digging out of my abs when i was a teenager... :rolleyes: :bonk:

PS... you can barely even tell where that head touched the gelcoat... i think that surprised me more than the fact that i was still breathing :banghead:

J