PDA

View Full Version : pop up bow light?

zimm17
10-04-2005, 07:30 AM
I saw in the Eddie Marine catalog a pop up bowlight. That would be a neat mod for my 22c because the anchor line tries to take off my current little bowlight. Has anyone done this? Do I have to cut a huge hole in the deck? I'd like to see some pictures and hear how the install went.

ChromeGorilla
10-04-2005, 08:01 AM
I just tie off my anchor line on the bow eye...ie where your trailer winch hooks to. Then you won't have the problem of the line hitting the nav light.

MOP
10-04-2005, 08:12 AM
I have a few friends with them, they complain about forgetting to pop it up at the dock and having to crawl up on the bow while bouncing around the bay. I rarely anchor but still am considering a bow chock to keep the line in place for that and docking.

Phil

Lenny
10-04-2005, 10:12 AM
I have one of the "newer" Accon pop-ups. I haven't cut it in yet, but with a template and a router it should be a snap.

As for MOPS' dilema, they DO make these lights now as elctric pop-up. :D That would look after the deck crawling scenario.

...and it is only $700 :eek: http://www.acconmarine.com/products/204-ME.jpg

Chili 18
10-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Hooking to the bow eye will not only save your light, but lower the scope of the anchor rhode increasing its holding power a bit.

Phils idea of installing guides off to the sides would save the light, and allow you to pick which side the boat draws into the waves from. Can be a tuning tool for comfortable hook floating... Not sure it fits with the 'Classic' clean deck look thou...

cigarette30
10-04-2005, 10:59 AM
I had it done from the factory. Couple things, I only forgot it once at night, but it has closed a couple of times crossing wakes. I still think it's clean, and would do again.

rustnrot
10-04-2005, 12:37 PM
I like this one from Aqua Signal better than the Accon. It is smaller footprint, lighter, and comes with the cup. Seems to have a nice positive lock but whether you can pop it down in six foot seas??? I bought a couple to look at. I will sell one of them for $85. Light contains a small indicator light located on the back of the light which lets you know the light is on without having to view it from the front. Now, if they would only develop a Rube Goldberg mechanism like the Accon has for electric pop-up action......

joseph m. hahnl
10-04-2005, 05:01 PM
I have one of the "newer" Accon pop-ups. I haven't cut it in yet, but with a template and a router it should be a snap.

As for MOPS' dilema, they DO make these lights now as elctric pop-up. :D That would look after the deck crawling scenario.

...and it is only $700 :eek: http://www.acconmarine.com/products/204-ME.jpg

Lenny: for $7.00 it must be made in china??????:smash:
For one if i bought one it would have to work more than just once:shocking:

For another No cheap chinese crap on my quality american made boat
"unless nothing else is avalible":yes:

joe

OH DID YOU SAY $700.00

Lenny
10-04-2005, 05:11 PM
click the link, Yes, $700.00 :eek:

I have the "manual" one :rolleyes:

No, no China on the boat if I can help it. Watch the Perko and tons of other stuff tho. Mexico is rapidly becoming an "expensive labour culture" and they don't even represent the mainstream of manufacturing.

You'd be surprised where your high-end glass weaves and knits come from.

Sweet18
10-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Some brand-new Accon pop-up polished stainless cleats that I will sell very reasonably, if anyone has the need. I have the 4 1/2" & the 6" sizes. I have one set of pop-up rope chocks as well. Let me know what your needs are. Thanks, Sweet18:smile:

MOP
10-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Some brand-new Accon pop-up polished stainless cleats that I will sell very reasonably, if anyone has the need. I have the 4 1/2" & the 6" sizes. I have one set of pop-up rope chocks as well. Let me know what your needs are. Thanks, Sweet18:smile:

Can you post a shot of the pop up chock?

Phil

Cuda
10-19-2005, 08:15 PM
How many of each size do you have?

Sweet18
10-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Can you post a shot of the pop up chock?

PhilMop & Cuda...Go to www.acconmarine.com (http://www.acconmarine.com/) for good photo's, specifications & prices of each. Their retail prices are actually on the low side & all of their retailers bump up their own suggested retail prices, because Accon does not provide them with enough mark-up. I will better all their prices...Just tell me your exact needs. Thanks, Sweet18:)

boxy
10-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Forget the pop up lights, this is what every Donzi needs ..... :D :D
http://www.acconmarine.com/products.asp?cat=16&subcat=0&view=PROD

Cuda
10-20-2005, 01:40 PM
What do you think about the folding cleats? Sounds interesting because you don't have to cut out a hole, just drill two holes.

Sweet18
10-22-2005, 07:45 PM
Prices as follows: 4 1/2" - $55.00 each, shipped. 6" - $60.00 each, shipped. This also includes the factory Accon stainless backing plates. Excellent pricing.:smile: Thanks, Sweet18