PDA

View Full Version : ??? Would you or Wouldn't you ???

RoamingBuffalo
10-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Poodle or Habormaster or anyone

Would you consider a 28ZX with 388hrs on it 350s if you were buying it??? The boat is a 2000. I was looking at 350 engines "new" and they were going for about 12,800 to about 14,200. Would you consider new engines on this boat if the seller was asking $53,900 for it.

Tidbart
10-04-2005, 01:31 PM
If those engines were taken care of, oil changes, etc, they have a lot more hours to go on them. Why change what is not broken?
Also, the prices you listed seem awfully high for 350's. New blocks should run 3-5K from the ads I have seen. Sound like the ads you are looking at are complete engines.
As far as the price on the boat, ????, see what others have been selling for on Boattrader or other sites.

Jut my .02 worth.

Bob

Woodsy
10-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Do a leakdown and compression test on those motors..... that will give you the best insight into thier actual condition.

350 long blocks can probably be had for closer to $5k each

Woodsy

RoamingBuffalo
10-06-2005, 10:07 PM
I am hoping so. Actually going to go talk with Dean - manager at that Marina on Saturday and check it out (weather permitting). Would be nice to do so and since John has the bigger same paint scheme (33ZX) and he will possibly be there as well. Just a bit nervous about towing it with my Jeep that far. Saw him out a Black Point past weekend.

Hours do not scare me. If it is clean, been flushed, it should be fine...

Are you going to have it in time to caravan with us to Sarasota?? :D :D :D

RoamingBuffalo
10-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey Bob

yeap you were correct... complete engines. I was thinking about completely replacing them, but still thinking about that.

If those engines were taken care of, oil changes, etc, they have a lot more hours to go on them. Why change what is not broken?
Also, the prices you listed seem awfully high for 350's. New blocks should run 3-5K from the ads I have seen. Sound like the ads you are looking at are complete engines.
As far as the price on the boat, ????, see what others have been selling for on Boattrader or other sites.

Jut my .02 worth.

Bob