PDA

View Full Version : Boat shipping

donzi182003
09-30-2005, 08:48 AM
I have my boat for sale and most of the interested parties I have had are from out of state. I was wondering if there were any boat shippers on the website? If there are could you give me a ballpark price on what shipping would be from Miami to Cali and or the northeast(NJ,NY). I wont take any price to heart I would just like to know a broad price range. My boat is an 18' classic with a single axle aluminum trailer.

Thanks,
Ed

Mac
09-30-2005, 10:51 AM
I recently had a 24' boat transported 1300 miles, it was a hull similar to a Donzi, they provided the trailer. Cost me about $1800, and it would not have been any cheaper if it had it's own trailer, took a while to find someone willing to do it and then the first guy bailed out and never showed up at pickup time. I also had to pay the marina where the boat was to put it on the trailer, as they will not put thier trailers in salt water, when it got to MA I just met the transporter at a lake and swapped it over to my trailer. Good luck, I would plan on $1.25 to $1.50 a mile as a pretty accurate gauge.