PDA

View Full Version : 1975 X-18 Arneson Drive, Super Charged

GEOO
09-28-2005, 04:01 PM
1975 X-18 Donzi, Newer:( Gauges, GPS Speedo, Seats, Carpet, Paint ), Arneson ASD # 6 (Direct Drive, No transmision), Procharged Fuel Injected Small Block Chevy, 62 gal Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Arneson Rocker Plates, Trailer. Lifeline Jacket, Helmut with chest Straps, Lap Top Computor, Spare Parts, $ 25,000.00 OBO New Price $ 19,000.00 OBO
E:mail me for Details gdesmond@optonline.net

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2296

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4501

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7145

More Engine Photo's @ http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34466

ChromeGorilla
09-28-2005, 04:06 PM
Good luck GEOO, hope she sells quick for ya.

Doe you guys plan on another boat or thats it for now?

Marlin275
09-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Is teaching buyer how to drive worlds fastest X-Classic included?

catch 22
09-28-2005, 08:40 PM
Well it's one ride I will NEVER FORGET. :(

Ed Donnelly
09-28-2005, 11:34 PM
The wife just gave me a slap on the back of my head.
" don't even think about it"
Price seems low. Someone is going to pay for the goodies, and get the boat for free.. Don't you dare buy a 22'. God knows what kind of speed you would get out of one............Ed

ZBoater
09-29-2005, 12:45 AM
What kind of gas mileage does it get? :biggrin.:

Rootsy
09-29-2005, 07:32 AM
What kind of gas mileage does it get? :biggrin.:

does it really matter :eek!: :eek!: :biggrin.:

boxy
09-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Rootsy, I need the hull, you need the shiny stuff ...... :D :D

Rootsy
09-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Boxy,

you'd be VERY hard pressed to buy all of that shiney stuff for what i'm asking for my 16 :eek!:

CHACHI
09-29-2005, 12:58 PM
What kind of gas mileage does it get? :biggrin.:Shouldn't this be under "Things you NEVER hear a Donzi guy say"

mattyboy
09-29-2005, 01:17 PM
George,
it :frown: me to see you have mighty mouse for sale
it truely is an amazing boat
hope all is well and you're just selling to make room for that 35zr with the twin prat and whittney gas turbines ;)
good luck with the sale

this boat is the real deal
damn does Joe really need to go to college ????

markdonzi
09-29-2005, 02:28 PM
I had the pleasure of watching this boat go at a Lake George Dust Off 2 years ago and it is truly an awe inspiring site. Good luck with the sale. Whoever buys it will get a deal and a piece of Donzi history. Hope someone in the lake George area buys it so it stays around here.
markdonzi :eek:

TuxedoPk
09-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Sure 120 under power, but what will she do with just the sails up?

Q. How long before Matty posts this to the "Things you'd never hear thread":smile:

Walt. H.
09-30-2005, 10:22 AM
Geoo,

Will the new owner get 25 hr's of flight instruction or just a box of fresh diapers upon departure? :jestera: :biggrin:

I just can't amagine anyone else driving and owning your boat.

Good Luck on your next venture,
Walt :wavey:

Ps, i'm still using your old flame arrester/aircleaner I bought from you a fews yr's back.

donzi182003
09-30-2005, 10:30 AM
"I just can't amagine anyone else driving and owning your boat."

Jeez.. youre gonna make the guy break out into tears lol!!!

Walt. H.
09-30-2005, 07:12 PM
I doubt that would happen, but you have to understand when you put years of your life into building something that unique its kinda hard to part with.
For those that think everything is store bought, you will never understand.

GEOO
10-04-2005, 06:35 AM
Thanks Guys. I've had such a blast with her for the last 10 years. Time to move on. I only used her 3 times this year. No time to run and maintain her like I used too. I find myself struggling between using her or spending the day with my family. I'm Going to sell my Donzi and Robalo R235 to make room for a larger Family/Fishing Boat. A Walk-Around ie 28 Hydra-Sport or 28 Grady. Too bad Donzi didn't make a nice fast Cruise/Fish Boat in this size??? Would love to find a 16OB too!! :lookaroun

catch 22
10-04-2005, 07:14 PM
A PRO MAX on a 16.........Sounds good to me :yes: :eek!:

GEOO
11-02-2005, 08:53 PM
OK Price lowered to $ 19,000.00 OBO. Need to make room for new boat!! ;)

npartin
11-03-2005, 06:10 PM
tripple 300X built to da hilt.... someone got 19K to loan me.... would be a fun ride fo sure..

Lenny
11-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Ya know Geoo, this past summer, in our Pokerun, this fella from Seattle passed me at twice my speed and 4 people on board his boat. :eek:
It runs well over 100 apparently. It also goes vertical too but seems to come back :eek:

It was a sight to see him go by me ( I am going 60) and he made it look like my motor was not running. Being 30' away from my starboard made it that much more exciting.

Neat rig...

http://www.donzi.net/photos1/spectre300's.JPG

mrfixxall
11-03-2005, 07:51 PM
How about three times the speed?????

joel3078
11-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Seems like the only limit to speed is money. Never heard that in racing before have ya?

Check this out 240+mph Top Fuel Hydro!
http://www.ihbaracing.com/pdf/records05_2.pdf
Watch this stuff on channel 216 at nite on Dish Network.

I have no idea were the beer cooler goes. :beer:

mrfixxall
11-03-2005, 08:28 PM
can you say 4 times the speeeeeeeeeeeeeed.....lol

TONYHOLLYWOOD
11-10-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm totally amazed with your installation. I'm working with Rik at Arneson to put a SD on my 27' Magnum and could really use your advice. I want to re-power it with a stock 525 EFI. I just love the look of your drive installation. Rik is trying his best to accomodate my request to have the same drive appearance as yours, but the unit he's recommending has that big flat top gearbox on the transom, and it really spoils the look when it's on the trailer. The MANIPULATOR SD looks about the same as yours. Do I have to use Riks suggetion, and move the engine forward to accomodate the gearbox, cause I don't want to change the engine location and spoil the cockpit arrangement. Or, is there enough room between the engine and the back seat to get the gearbox in. I just recently found out that you don't have a gearbox. Rik say's that my performance will be lower without the gearbox, and harder to install. AND I do need a reverse gear for docking. My goal is to break 100 MPH. I might have to add other things to do that, but I'll deal with that later. He said I'll need 900 to 1,000 HP to hit 100. Thanks, Tony tonymartini747@hotmail.com

TONYHOLLYWOOD
11-11-2005, 11:47 AM
That is ONE HELLOFABOAT. When I got my pilots licence back in 65, 100 was the top speed of the Fleet Canuck I was training in. I had a 69 16' Donzi that did about 60. I thought that was fast. But... 120 in an 18 is mind boggling!

I wanna re-power my 27' Magnum with an Arneson, similar to what you did, but with a new stock 525 EFI single. I'm working with Rik to get the right drive, but don't like the big gearbox with the flat top on it he's recommending. I Know you don't have a reverse gear, and wondered if you could tell me if I can get a gearbox with that rounded look you have, even if it has to be custom built. And I want a spare, so I'll need two. I'm absolutely NOT moving the engine forward and destroying the look of the Magnum rear pad or cockpit with the gearbox in the boat, but am not sure if there is enough space behind the back seat to fit the whole package in.. I don't have the boat here yet to make any measurements, the seller hasn't delivered it yet. YOU ARE the expert! I'm sure that Rik just wants to sell me something off the shelf, but I could be wrong. I figure, with only one engine and drive, that I'll save about 800# and with the SD should fly in the 80's. Your opinion would be appreciated. Eventually I want to break 100, but I know I'll have to add some things to do that. I just want to see what it does stock first. Rik thinks I'll need 900 to 1000 HP to do that.??? Someone's going to be very happy to get your boat. Hope the have flying experience, Tony:checkered :

joseph m. hahnl
11-12-2005, 07:21 PM
How about three times the speed?????

Wow: who would have thought some one would steal the props off your boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

GEO: $19,000 ? If only I were Rich instead of joe!!!!! I'D buy her "that's a steal" I wish you luck.
PS: remember that post on the modified donzi's for the goverment agencies> one of those would make a great fishing boat
joe

Hornetman
11-24-2005, 05:03 PM
I can't believe your going to let her go. Want to trade for my hornet + some cash?????? (Just kidding ?????) wish I could afford the bling to buy the fastest DONZI around, it's one hell of a wild ride. It's been a while since my last posting / contact. Hope all is well with you and your family. Any hoo I sent Gene D. an e-mail this evening and just wanted to say hello to you. I should finally make some noise this spring, the 427 is in wired ( starter, alt. ign. etc) motor is aligned etc. Just need heat exchanger, plumbing and dash wiring / bilge blowers. Give me a call some time (860- 460-0215) or follow with a reply I'll try to keep my eye out.

BUIZILLA
11-24-2005, 05:20 PM
Lenny, study the skegs on that Spectre in the pic's.....

hmmmmmmmm

JH

Mr X
11-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Its a Spectre.......

BUIZILLA
11-24-2005, 06:58 PM
oooop's.... Skaterbrained

Lenny
08-11-2007, 11:45 PM
TTT, ... just for fun ;)

:D

chappy
08-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Yeah, just seeing this bumped up raised my eyebrows. THAT was funny.:)

Donziweasel
08-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Can anyone loan me 19,000.00, got something I want to buy!:):bonk:

apollo24
08-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Thanks Guys. I've had such a blast with her for the last 10 years. Time to move on. I only used her 3 times this year. No time to run and maintain her like I used too. I find myself struggling between using her or spending the day with my family. I'm Going to sell my Donzi and Robalo R235 to make room for a larger Family/Fishing Boat. A Walk-Around ie 28 Hydra-Sport or 28 Grady. Too bad Donzi didn't make a nice fast Cruise/Fish Boat in this size??? Would love to find a 16OB too!! :lookaroun

Geo, let me know if you have any interest in a new or used Pursuit, Fountain, Everglades or Century fishboat. Our website is www.legendarymarine.com.

If you see anything that interests you, holla at me! I have had several people ask me why I don't trick out my X like yours. It's tempting...

Thx, Ben

BUIZILLA
08-17-2007, 03:26 PM
......somebody fell asleep in class......

Sagbay32
08-17-2007, 08:55 PM
......somebody fell asleep in class......

LOL

Mike

Marlin275
08-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I was talking with a motor head that had a dragster 70s Camero
not street legal
700 hp Procharged

I told him Geoos boat 18 deep vee did 120mph
and he couldn't believe it and wrap his mind around the concept
I keep telling him it happened
and he knew boats
was in the 100+mph
Hudson River Poker Run

Lenny
08-18-2007, 01:43 AM
Geoo's boat IS Legendary,... I love the interest this still instills with everyone.

Yes, it sold, yes it went that fast, yes, it was an engineering marvel...

Thank you Geoo.

Sorry to drum up the past, but it was your boat and you deserve this. Hope you, and your new family are having a blast !!! :D

Thanks for experimenting and creating this benchmark.

Cheers, Lenny

Donzi Racer
08-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Geoo's boat IS Legendary,... I love the interest this still instills with everyone.
Yes, it sold, yes it went that fast, yes, it was an engineering marvel...
Thank you Geoo.
Sorry to drum up the past, but it was your boat and you deserve this. Hope you, and your new family are having a blast !!! :D
Thanks for experimenting and creating this benchmark.
Cheers, Lenny
Thanks Lenny, for 2 things. 1st letting me know the famous X is sold. WHEW! I was getting nervous thinking that it was still for sale and having to start looking for $ with a barrell back still in the final stages of restoration already, and my wife of 30 years finaly telling me that she had had enough.
2nd thankful item is bringing this wonderful boat back into everyones attention. It was & is a true marvel and getting to see it close up and running at the Sarasota reunion a few years back was one of my favorite things I have ever gotten to witness in my 51 years. It was sooooo Sweet! I wanted a ride so bad until I saw that parachute thingy he had to strap on before it brought the monster to life. I decided to smile and just watch, which was just fine for me. I wanted to own that boat so bad but I couldn't have turned a wrench on it, so it would have been beyond crazy for us to own it. I wouldn't mind hearing about the new owners and how they are enjoying it though. Here's hoping to see everyone in Sarasota next month. Thanks again Lenny, Tom

Donzi Racer
08-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Geo, let me know if you have any interest in a new or used Pursuit, Fountain, Everglades or Century fishboat. Our website is www.legendarymarine.com.
If you see anything that interests you, holla at me! I have had several people ask me why I don't trick out my X like yours. It's tempting...
Thx, Ben
Ben, have you still got the Thorn? Is it for sale? How is it running? Are or can you go to the sarasota or the labor day Donzi event? Give me a ring sometime soon. Tom 256-777-0844

apollo24
08-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Great to hear from you!
I still have the Thorn! Good little story, I pulled the X up to a pier with a Cigarette Top Gun, 4 45+ foot MTI's and a Nortech that were rafted up for the Poker Run this wknd. The X got more attention than anything, it was great! I have to admit, the MTI with Mercedes power and Mercedes interior was the bomb. I will post the pics tomorrow.

p729lws
08-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Great to hear from you!
I still have the Thorn! Good little story, I pulled the X up to a pier with a Cigarette Top Gun, 4 45+ foot MTI's and a Nortech that were rafted up for the Poker Run this wknd. The X got more attention than anything, it was great! I have to admit, the MTI with Mercedes power and Mercedes interior was the bomb. I will post the pics tomorrow.

I think the Mecedes MTI has Sterling power w/ Mercedes/AMG covers, lol.

Dan

goatee
08-20-2007, 11:18 PM
just seeing that is enough to make you wonder if your will is up to date

Lenny
08-21-2007, 03:03 PM
For those that never saw it run...

http://www.donzi.net/photos/Donzivideo1.wmv

http://www.donzi.net/photos/Donzivideo2.wmv

http://www.donzi.net/photos/Radarshootout.wmv

http://www.donzi.net/photos/Enginedyno.wmv

goatee
08-21-2007, 07:10 PM
WOOOOOOW!!!!:eek!:
IM GOING TO PLAY THESE AGAIN FIRST THING WHEN I WAKE UP.

pipnit
09-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Bad to the bone!

xzizx
08-29-2009, 03:00 AM
> This hyeres' an all time all timer!
120 though, in an 18 ? Okay.
This looks like the 18 pictured
flying in the Long Island Sound
(that was said to have the asd6
drive)
What a sensible boat.

BlownCrewCab
08-29-2009, 08:47 AM
drive)
What a sensible boat.

Are you Not a Believer?????????

mrfixxall
08-29-2009, 03:15 PM
drive)
What a sensible boat.

this video says it all,and i dont think it was dialed in yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLxxWXk63HI

Lenny
08-29-2009, 05:12 PM
drive)
What a sensible boat.

XZIZX, you've arrived too late to this party. :yes:

124 was the end number. + - a hair. ( and about 1100 HP)

That boat is alive and well.

Want to drive it ??? :D

Open your eyes man and have some fun. If not, buy a Bayliner...

BUIZILLA
08-29-2009, 08:58 PM
with the current mild tune, and mediocre prop, it now cruises at 91 w/ 4 people, full fuel, relaxing, and had another 1300 rpm to go.. :eek: :shades: I tuned it and I was in it... :kingme:

Mr X
08-29-2009, 10:12 PM
with the current mild tune, and mediocre prop, it now cruises at 91 w/ 4 people, full fuel, relaxing, and had another 1300 rpm to go.. :eek: :shades: I tuned it and I was in it... :kingme:
Before or after the new paint job?

DonziBuoy
08-29-2009, 10:30 PM
And I thought my boat was fast ! My God, that has to be some ride!

The Hedgehog
08-29-2009, 11:04 PM
XZIZX, you've arrived too late to this party. :yes:

124 was the end number. + - a hair. ( and about 1100 HP)

That boat is alive and well.

Want to drive it ??? :D

Open your eyes man and have some fun. If not, buy a Bayliner...

I don't buy the 1,100 hp. Maybe on a No3 shot and 15 labs of boost for a sprint but that is all. But the rest...Oh yeah. Big a#$ power on a SBC and huge numbers. I would never plan to get close:rock::worthy::worthy:

Oh yeah, I am a believer! I do want to see it though just so I can say that I have.

BUIZILLA
08-30-2009, 06:43 AM
I don't buy the 1,100 hp. it wasn't 1,100..... it WAS, however, just shy of that, very shy.. your close, but a tad shy, on the boost guess.. :wink:

Just Say N20
08-30-2009, 09:44 AM
I also believe I heard 7,500 rpms?

mattyboy
08-30-2009, 10:05 AM
I also believe I heard 7,500 rpms?

nah looks like 6400 ;)

this is before it was dialed in and also before the rocker plates

http://www.allardmarine.com/mighty_mouse.htm

I know some are non believers but the boat existed, it ran it was the fastest classic ever let's also not forget the fact that this boat was also very fast with the volvo e drive

RedDog
08-30-2009, 06:56 PM
hee-hee-hee. And due to an unknowing slip of the tongue, I found the current owner :kingme:

The Hedgehog
08-30-2009, 07:41 PM
it wasn't 1,100..... it WAS, however, just shy of that, very shy.. your close, but a tad shy, on the boost guess.. :wink:

Ahh. I forgot that you could spin those Arneson's pretty dang fast. That will let you build some pretty big boost with that huffer.

That would blow a bravo to pieces. I keep wanting a surface drive.

xzizx
09-03-2009, 07:20 AM
> Misread. I have been that speed
in whitecaps, full Sunday Cruise boat
chop, in a Rayson Craft 20ft Grand
Nationals Hull. (Bostrom Truck seats)
(Semi V 10 degree deadrise, with two
boat length strakes)
Nothing could make me happier
than to learn that these numbers
can be reached [ in an 18!!! no less]
I consider an exceptional buy.