PDA

View Full Version : Check out this deal.....

ChromeGorilla
09-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Here ya go....05 22'....... ;) :frown:

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?p=343839#post343839

Cuda
09-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Say it ain't so! What's up? :frown:

donzi182003
09-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Chit... Woulda never guessed by reading your posts. Im in the same boat. I bought my first home in West Palm Beach and I gotta sell my prized possesion. You have a beautiful boat and I am sure you will have no trouble selling it. I dont know about you but I will definitely be back in the DONZI community in the future.
Good luck,
Ed

ChromeGorilla
09-27-2005, 10:44 PM
I have accepted an offer at Michelin North America in Greenville, SC. My wife and I are trying to buy a lakefront home on Lake Hartwell. We will take a short break from being boat owners in order to achieve this goal, IMO this is probably the best move we can make to help us. We would like to buy a new 22' in a couple/few years afterwards. In the mean time I will gladly play boat bitch for anyone... :) Plus the new home will make a great SEADOG strategic outpost for any visitors to the lake..."hint hint". All of you will always have a spot on my dock.

While I am extremely excited about my new career, it is definately tempered with a sadness of selling a boat which I truly love..... I can't express the pure joy and absolute fun I have driving this boat.... man....I'm starting to get a little bit choked up typing this...... really. I hope someone enjoys it as much as my wife and I did.

But alas eventually there will be a spanking new 22 sittin at my dock. :yes:

Ed Donnelly
09-28-2005, 12:01 AM
Sad to hear you are selling your Donzi.
Happy to hear you are buying a lakefront home.
Sad to hear you won't have your Donzi parked at your dock.
Happy to hear there is another Donzi in your future.
You have your priorities in the proper order.
I wish you and yours all the best.
Please stay a regular on the board, I would miss your :rlol: sense of humor.Ed

Dr. Dan
09-28-2005, 06:30 AM
:beer: Scott, Congratulations...it takes a man to admit and execute what you are doing here...and I applaud your moves, most never do this, they drag out the inevitable until its too late. I think its great that you have the opportunity. I know in time you will have another Donzi, you are welcome with Liz and I any time...and always have a place in our boat...

Dwight and Greg K are in that neck of the woods, and its not more than a days drive for us either...I've been know to drive a bit. :spongebob

Good Luck and Again thanks for your little Token Gift you sent...that was very nice of you.

Our Best To You Both

Doc & Liz :beer:

Mac
09-28-2005, 06:49 AM
Nice boat, good luck selling it. Seeing as you posted this in this section I assume it is ok to comment on the price. Seems high, I would guess based on the time of year, gas, the economy and dealers looking to move inventory before winter, I would think the boat would be worth about $38k-$39k. Maybe in the spring it would be worth more, but it will be that much older, just trying to help not trying to bash your boat.

need for speed
09-28-2005, 07:04 AM
Congratulations... hope you get that house on the lake!!! I would do the same thing! ;)

TuxedoPk
09-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Nice boat, good luck selling it. Seeing as you posted this in this section I assume it is ok to comment on the price. Seems high, I would guess based on the time of year, gas, the economy and dealers looking to move inventory before winter, I would think the boat would be worth about $38k-$39k. Maybe in the spring it would be worth more, but it will be that much older, just trying to help not trying to bash your boat.

The boat does look nice on the board pics but once you've had a chance to see the boat in person, much less ride in it, you'll get a better appreciation for why it's worth the few thousand more than you suggest.

donzi182003
09-28-2005, 07:31 AM
I think its worth every bit of what he's asking. Brand new is 55k.

Woodsy
09-28-2005, 07:31 AM
ChromeDome...

You gotta take that Yankees logo off da boat....

Sorry to hear you are selling out, but I totally understand the move! Good luck in your new job!

Woodsy

ChromeGorilla
09-28-2005, 07:57 AM
ChromeDome...

You gotta take that Yankees logo off da boat....

Sorry to hear you are selling out, but I totally understand the move! Good luck in your new job!

Woodsy

You kidding me???? It's at least a $2K option..... :) :rlol:

I have no problem with you guys commenting or discussing the price. I won't be offended. We're all adults right? I see 03's selling for $35K-$40K. While yes my price is not cheap, it does offer very good savings, what will a brand new 22' with trailer AND 5 years worth of warranty run ya....... close to or over $60K. I think 5 years worth of warranty is pretty appealing to someone buying a used boat. Provides some piece of mind. If for whatever reason you have motor or drive issue...... it's covered...no $$ out of your pocket... versus a 2-3 year old boat that isn't covered under warranty....you'll be footin bill.....

My price is fairly firm. If the boat doesn't sell right away...not a huge issue for me..... I can wait. I'll just keep enjoying it! :biggrin:

Dr. Dan
09-28-2005, 08:09 AM
:spongebob Unsolicited Commentary - For those of you who know anything about the 22 Classic Hulls, and the molds for the same, you understand that there are the good molds, which make the best and fastest hulls...and there are the others!

Scotts 22 Classic is one of the good hulls, his boat runs nearly as fast as many boats here with substantially more horsepower, including mine! :spongebob

The value of a Donzi is what it is, if someone was looking for a Superior Running 22 Classic, with very nice appointments(Yankee Fan or not)...this is a very good value!

A good Trailer is at least $3500, I would seriously consider this 22 Classic as an alternative to a brand new one. We all know boats depreciate like everything else... the Raw Material Costs to produce these and other hulls is skyrocketing... after the Storms. Just wait and see what new Classics will be listing for. :spongebob

Someone who buys this sooner than later will realize a very unexpected windfall for sure.

Good Luck Chrome :beer:

Anonymous :spongebob

Kirk
09-28-2005, 08:20 AM
Chromie.....

Good Luck with the sale of your boat. I only hope that the YANKEES Logo does not disourage a potential buyer. Now if you had a RED SOX's logo on the boat it would be a differant story.

To any potential buyer....look at this boat. I have seen it on Lake George and cannot say enough good things about this 22'. Major BLING under the hatch and even cleaner hull and interior. Dont BIT&% about the price you will NOT find a cleaner boat period ANYWHERE or for that matter a more respectful owner...even thou he is a YANKEE Fan we still talk trash with him.

Dont worry Chrome we wont revoke your man card after you sell the boat.

Best of luck Chromie on your new job...things always work out in the end.

All the best,

KJ

ChromeGorilla
09-28-2005, 08:35 AM
you will NOT find a cleaner boat period

KJ
Kirk,
Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. Good luck this weekend..............you'll need it! ;) :wavey:
..........it's clean cuz it's new.... :biggrin: You kiddin........ I can't fit in the bilge for spit and polish action like flyboy can...... he is king of bilge rat clean freaks..... :biggrin: Here you go even in the middle of a run to the keys he has to polish up the engine while we wait....

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it. Good luck this weekend..............you'll need it! ;) :wavey:

Scott

dfunde01
09-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Scott,

Welcome to the neighborhood. My place is just off Exit 4 on I-85. You may find that Hartwell is almost too quiet. I live less that 10 miles from Lanier, but drive the 55 minutes up 85 to the Hartwell place to enjoy the water. After the season is the right time to look on Hartwell. The water will be down a little and you can see what your dock situation is. A 4 or 5 foot elevation change from summer to winter is not unusual.

I've got my 16 on the market with the Donzi dealer Grass Shack in Buford, GA. Need something bigger. Yours is about $10K above my budget range. I'll just enjoy the pontoon and PWC's until the right deal comes along.

Look forward to meeting you on the water soon.

Cheers,

Dave
djf@djf.com

EricG
09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Congrats on the new gig....My company has several offices in that general area and I've spent a lot of time down there in the last few years. I've always thought Hartwell looked like a great lake. Too bad about the need to sell the boat for now...but we know you'll be back in the fold soon enough.

Kath and I have started the process of trying to relocate down that way also...but who knows how long that is going to take. I think I'll make it my goal to be down there before you replace the 22. Hopefully we'll be able to get a larger local chapter of the local donzi.net group down there soon.

Good Luck,

EG

ChromeGorilla
09-28-2005, 04:48 PM
After listing on boat trader compare my boat and price with the other 2003 and new 22' Classic with 496HO's........

2 used 2003's for $49,900--- 1 for $40,900 and one for $35,900.
2 40th anny editons 2004's.... 1 new for $59,500 and used for $49,900...don't forget to add trailer... :)
2 2005's one priced at $67,900 and one at $50K plus trailer
1 2005 at $45,000 with trailer, accessories and extended warranty.

maybe I need to raise my price.... :rolleyes: :yes: :wink: :biggrin:

Cuda
09-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Matty needs that boat. It already has his ensignia on it.

DONZI
09-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Scott,
Sad to hear you are parting with your Donzi. I hope we will still see you and beautiful Michelle at another gathering again. With or without a boat.

I too had to part with my toys when 1st starting out.It will be well worth it in the end. It will make you appreciate them even more 2nd time around also.
I always enjoyed seeing your posts of your ventures with the 22.The pics. of different scenery are great.You certainly made the most of enjoying it.I am glad i was able to run with you and look forward to again.
Ken

undertaker
09-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Damn Chrome I thought you and I would be the first to put the NEW CMI 496 HO Sport exhaust on our 22 classics :eek!: :D . In all seriousness good luck with the lakefront home its one of my dreams when I retire, the Donzi will be a nice addition when the time is right. At least Doc and I will have a place to stay and dock our Donzi's when we come to Lake Hartwell ;) :D :D . Take Care see ya in Sota...

Undertaker :bonk:

ChromeGorilla
09-28-2005, 09:04 PM
Don't worry...next one will come with CMI's from the get go.... ;)

dfunde01
10-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Scott,

The Michelin plant is at Exit 54 on I-85 North. Should give you a reference point for commute distance from any lake houses you run accross.

Dave

ChromeGorilla
10-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Been up to Greenville 2 weekends in a row now.... :D Already scoping it out....