PDA

View Full Version : Is carpet supposed to have a cutout for access?

zimm17
09-26-2005, 07:08 PM
My 22 classic has an aftermarket carpet installed. It's glued to a thick (prob 3/4" closed cell foam backing. There's no way to access the built in cooler/storage box in the floor without removing the whole thing. Is the carpet supposed to be cutout for access to it? I wonder if a shop can cut a hole out, sew a bead on the exposed edges and then I can velcro the piece of carpet to the lid to make it removable. Any ideas?

joseph m. hahnl
09-26-2005, 07:23 PM
My 22 classic has an aftermarket carpet installed. It's glued to a thick (prob 3/4" closed cell foam backing. There's no way to access the built in cooler/storage box in the floor without removing the whole thing. Is the carpet supposed to be cutout for access to it? I wonder if a shop can cut a hole out, sew a bead on the exposed edges and then I can velcro the piece of carpet to the lid to make it removable. Any ideas?

my minx doesn't have carpet but i want to put some in . i use the storge for my anchor. i was thinking of leaving a cut out in the carpet and putting a rubber car mat over it.

joe

RickSE
09-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Yes, factory carpet has a seperate piece over the locker cover so you can lift off the cover without removing the carpet. The cut out piece snaps directly to the locker cover.

gcarter
09-26-2005, 09:31 PM
Bilt-Rite supplies carpet both ways.
I just ordered a carpet with the cut out.

HallJ
09-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Bilt-Rite supplies carpet both ways.
I just ordered a carpet with the cut out.

George,

Any idea how much it was?
Jeff

zimm17
09-28-2005, 12:51 PM
George,

Any idea how much it was?
Jeff

And does built-rite have a webpage or email address?

gcarter
09-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Over $400.00 w/o logo.
No website, but they are under "registry approved vendors".

ChromeGorilla
09-28-2005, 02:11 PM
I generaly prefer no carpet when trying to gain access...... :biggrin: