PDA

View Full Version : 68 Donzi

fish369
09-26-2005, 09:13 AM
68 Donzi Ski? Looks like a sweet 16 to me? No bids on ebay, min. bid of $12,000*&(^%?

What's true market value of this boat? I know a lot of you guys out there know a lot more than I do and I respect your opinion.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4575981774&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

olredalert
09-26-2005, 09:49 AM
--------This little 16 has a bunch of very nice original stuff.
--------Try to find a 16 single seat. They usually fell apart at about the start of the third season. I dont think Bilt-Rite makes them or ever made them so this one is probably original.
--------Gauges are pretty far away but also appear original.
--------Early Teleflex/DONZI steering wheel is also evident.
--------Engine appears to have been redone and does not have original style exhaust, but if its good mechanically not too much of an issue.
--------This boat could be worth that kind of money to the collectors among us, but Id sure want to have it surveyed or at least throughly checked out.
--------In my opinion having a starting bid as high as this tends to keep the bidders away, so the lack of bids may not be the boats fault..........Bill S

fish369
09-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Very good looking boat from the pics. Just seemed a bit heavy compared to the other ones going on the market, and in fact is it a sweet 16?

mattyboy
09-26-2005, 10:23 AM
the 16 pre OMC ownership were call skisporters, the nick name sweet 16 didn't come around til after the stop in production of the 16 in the mid to late 80's when it was re-introduced
as Bill said there are very nice original items on this boat judging from the vent arrangement ,dash,steering wheel I would say a 67 or very early 68, which means there are some things that if they are still original might be an issue, namely the tank and deck, 12 k is at the high end for a early 16 depending on condition with the low end 2-3k, I believe a barbados blue and white one with candy cane interior sold on e bay in the spring for 8 k with a bad tank
again as bill said , the starting bid was lower and then went thru a bidding frenzy to 8k for a boat that had to to split apart to put a tank in !!!!

price is all about what the buyer will pay

fish369
09-26-2005, 11:18 AM
" price is all about what the buyer will pay"

I hear that, I know that as well as anyone selling for a living.
Gas tank work sounds scary!!, hope I don't ever have to experience that.