PDA

View Full Version : '16 Donzi Outboard 175HP Merc

goody
09-23-2005, 06:14 PM
I am having a fuel problem, and below is the description of what led up to the event.

Whenever the gas tank had less than 1/2 it's capacity the motor would cut bogg down intermittently at high speeds. One day at around 1/2 tank I idled around the lake for around an hour with no problems, however when I accelerated the engine did not have full RPM. Infact couldn't even get on plane (10mph max). I looked at the bulb in the fuel line, and it was as if I were sqeezing it with my hand. (Vacuum)

However, after about 10 minutes of running like this it suddenly started running fine. The next day I filled the tank completely and took it out. I squeezed the bulb to build pressure, started it, and idled maybe 20 ft, and it died. I got it started again, but then it died. Finally nothing, just turned over with no ignition.

I tried pumping the bulb and pressure was not building, however I could hear the fuel going somewhere. Finally saw it dripping down from the front of the carburators.

Well this is best I can remember it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Goody
r0083737@hotmail.com

olredalert
09-23-2005, 06:40 PM
-------Nice looking 16!!! What part of Michigan, Goody??? ............Bill S

Moody Blu'
09-23-2005, 06:42 PM
clean the carbs and make sure the fuel filter is clean

chappy
09-23-2005, 07:33 PM
I think Moody Blu is dead on, I owned that motor strapped to an older baja, I had problems with acceleration and fuel flow, the first thing to do is check the carbs, if the fuel is leaking from them, give them a good cleaning and check the filter. If problems persist after cleaning the carbs, check the switchboxes, as well as the stator assembly. By the way, nice looking ride, must be fun with that merc pushing it.

Rich

gold-n-rod
09-23-2005, 08:25 PM
Replace the squeeze ball......

Mama's got a squeezeball she wears on her chest and when Daddy comes home he doesn't get no rest....................

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :biggrin:

Magicallbill
09-24-2005, 03:19 AM
Mama's got a squeezeball she wears on her chest and when Daddy comes home he doesn't get no rest....................

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :biggrin:

"Drivin' all nite..
And the Donzi looks right...
Mama's got a squeezball,Daddy never sleeps at nite...