PDA

View Full Version : Can you say FIRST place Yankees??????

ChromeGorilla
09-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Go Yankees!

Awwwwwwww yaaaaaaaaaa..... First place baby! :yes:

Kirk
09-22-2005, 07:36 AM
This time of year things get interesting...remember the curse has been reversed and now the chankees are doomed for 80 plus years.

Buy the way did you find that red sox sticker that stuck on your boat @ LG

KJ

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Reversed my arse!!!! :D The Yankees will win the division and no playoffs for Boston this year and all things good and right will return to proper balance in the world following last years freak anomaly..... :garfield:

Sticker? What sticker? :D

Cuda
09-22-2005, 08:04 AM
You've been waiting all year to be able to post that. :)

Kirk
09-22-2005, 08:27 AM
I think that is has been the first time all year the the chankees have been in first place.

Might be a little earlier but I am going to say REPEAT....GO SOX'S

Who's with me?

I kinda sense this thread might live on and on. Just like foam threads, chopper threads and CLiff's rasta thread

Patti
09-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Go METS! :tongue:

Sorry..but i'm a native NY'er..but i'm a Mets fan:jestera:

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Go METS! :tongue:

Sorry..but i'm a native NY'er..but i'm a Mets fan:jestera:

See, thats OK... although better than a sox fan I still have to say "HAHAHAHAHAHA" :rlol::rlol::rlol::rlol::rlol::rlol::rlol: OK that was fun. :biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Actually this is the 3rd time this season the Yankees have been in 1st place .

1. In the very begining of the season when they beat Boston
2. In mid June for a day or 2
3. and now...when it counts!

Lets look at the head to head record this year.......... shall we?

Yankees - 9 Bosux - 7

Any questions? :biggrin.:

Woodsy
09-22-2005, 09:40 AM
You can say what you want ChromeDome....

Apparently the difference between Boston Red Sox Fans and NY Yank-mees fans is class... Boston has been in FIRST PLACE in the AL East ALL YEAR! but you didn't see us Red Sox fans hootin' & hollerin' and talking smack about it!

Your beloved Yank-mees just slid into first place... and the Yank-mees are only 1/2 game up! Considering the Yank-mees salary is almost 100 million more than the Sox spent, you guys should have been in first all year!

It really won't matter anyway, as it will all be settled at Fenway Park... in the last 3 games of the season....

Woodsy

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 09:46 AM
I understand....you guys are nervous....it's OK. :yes:

The reason sox fans weren't hootin and hollerin is cuz they knew it was too good to be true.... they knew the Bronx Bombers were comin....

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 09:49 AM
We could change the subject to the soon to be 1-2 Patriots..... :biggrin:

Kirk
09-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Perhaps it is now time to say this.....

I support two teams:

1) The Boston Red Sox's

and

2) whom ever beats the Chankees (evil empire)

Woodsy...it's time to break out the tee shirts and visit Chankee Stadium with our "Beat NY" tee shirts on....Let's roll!

Heck the kids I coach in fall ball (11 and 12 year olds) could beat the chankees and we dont even pay them to play. They do it for the sheer enjoyment.

KJ

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Boston is 5-5 in their last 10 games....Yankees are 9-1. If boston keeps playing like that last 3 game won't matter much..... except pride maybe... :biggrin: No matter what happens it will be a great finish to the regular season...... where's Kenny? :biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 10:02 AM
Kirk, those shirts you ordered just came in and are ready for pick up....
http://www2.hotboat.com/image_center/data/520/2445CA4HAV4L.jpg

TuxedoPk
09-22-2005, 10:14 AM
Cool shirt. Can I get mine with Bucky Dent's picture on the back? :biggrin.:

Kirk
09-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Why cant we be friends?

EasyTux....

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Cool shirt. Can I get mine with Bucky Dent's picture on the back? :biggrin.:

Actually for a limited time we have the "trifecta" Limtied Edition Shirt. has same front but on the back are beautifull artist renderings of Bucky Dent and Bill Buckner on each side. Then perched gloriously in between, is a portrait lit with rays light from the angels above, of Aaron Boone..... Truly stunning.

BERTRAM BOY
09-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Kirk,
Are you kidding me? Choke? Can you say Bill Buckner?

Just an impartial viewer......

Kirk
09-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Cliff......

No soup for you....oh I mean brownies

Get back to work will ya

Rootsy
09-22-2005, 10:34 AM
pffft i'll laugh my ass off when the TIGERS whip all yuz east coast teams... http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/outtahere.gif

BERTRAM BOY
09-22-2005, 10:43 AM
Rootsy,
Tigers? Could ya just leave Siegfried and Roy out of this discussion?

boldts
09-22-2005, 10:46 AM
The Indians might have a little to say about all this also. :yes: :) Yep, the Yankee's farm team may be in Columbus, OH, but we Indian fans still hate them. Chrome, this of course has nothing to do with how Donzi fans feel about other Donzi owners. Your just rooting for the wrong team in my book.

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 10:52 AM
I have no problem with the Indians making the playoffs........ that will have no bearing on the Yankees. We're gonna win the division.

Cuda
09-22-2005, 11:20 AM
I only thought the Sox had perfected the choke, until I saw the Yankee's display last year. They took it to another level.

mattyboy
09-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Unlike my southern Yankee fan I am still abit cautious on rubbing anyone's face in it just has of yet ( this must be an effect of the sun) I just root and hope they have some thing left in the tank

Things to take into account

The Yanks are older and this is usually cruise to the pennant time not a neck and neck pennant race can they make the run?? with no rest for the weary??

Pitching, looking better for the Yanks and worse for the Sox

when you're up against it and you have to dig deep on your history, would you want to look at one blown series or 90 years of agony

Yes the Yankees choked last year but as all New Yorkers do they fail, get up and go on in a NY minute, but if the Sox fail to take the division and miss the playoffs they in fact would hold the biggest and longest choke in history loosing a 15 game lead in AUG. but as history proves Boston does things long and slow and never forgets the aweful tragedies that surely await them

Next weekend will be a barn burner hopefully both teams will be in the hunt

I say Go yanks, just wish I had an event to go to as all the other yanks sox series were durning a donzi event that Kenny Lessard was at july 1000 islands and sept the fall picnic

I am quietly confident That the Yanks don't get the same feely looking into the rear view mirror at the sox as the sox do looking at the yanks out of their windshield

Yanks Sox it don't get any better

hopefully that was classy enuff for my Boston brother Mr Woodsy von outboard or is it mr 26ZX now ;)

I smell a wager here perhaps at the owners rally if the yanks loose chromey flys a sox pennant from the 22 for all to see , and I don't think Woodsy is bringing a boat but say perhaps a pic of a sox fan washing and waxing a yankee logo????

Hey boxy it is almost wager season

can I get a "how bout dem GIANTS"

Let's go FLYERS

GO BOMBERS

:)

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Unlike my southern Yankee fan

Hey! Who you callin southern? I oughta..... :biggrin.:

PS.............
I may be moving ever so slightly north soon..... :biggrin.:

hardcrab
09-22-2005, 01:49 PM
yankme fans should learn not to throw batteries in the ballpark

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 02:02 PM
And the city of Boston probaly shouldn't shoot and kill Sox fans in the streets after they win the series..... :rolleyes:

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey hardcrab...you got Raffy's #? I need a fix....... talk about collapse...... O's had the division then just pissed themselves...... :yes:

DONZI
09-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Boston is 5-5 in their last 10 games....Yankees are 9-1. If boston keeps playing like that last 3 game won't matter much..... except pride maybe... :biggrin: No matter what happens it will be a great finish to the regular season...... where's Kenny? :biggrin:

Being "Verwy,verwy quiet". Oct.is coming. Almost "Time to hunt the wabbits."

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Being "Verwy,verwy quiet". Oct.is coming. Almost "Time to hunt the wabbits."

You know your my favorite (read only) sox fan. :biggrin.: GL Kenny. ;)

Marlin275
09-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Yanks Sox it don't get any better

Yanks - Sox Showdown is better than
The World Series, most years!

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Keith Foulke is out for the season..............woohooo!

mattyboy
09-22-2005, 09:37 PM
what it didn't sound like a fair wager ;) ?????????????????????

you could always fall back on a 12 pack of sam adams and whatever beer they drink in the south soco, jd

sorry Chromey u wore a sweatshirt at the dustoff which means your blood has thinned so u a southerner ;) that was a balmy muggy weekend :p

boldts
09-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Opps, I had the wrong color Sox. We're chasing White, not Red. Another win for the hottest team in baseball right now today and a loss by that Sox team we're chasing. Go Indians! We may win our division yet.

ChromeGorilla
09-22-2005, 11:45 PM
Dammit! I hate when they have proof! :boggled: Touche Mr. Senator.....

Cuda
09-23-2005, 06:30 AM
sorry Chromey u wore a sweatshirt at the dustoff which means your blood has thinned so u a southerner ;) that was a balmy muggy weekend :p
Sorry, but he cannot be admitted to the southern brotherhood with that emblem on his boat.

It appears that he's a man without a country now.

hardcrab
09-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Hey hardcrab...you got Raffy's #? I need a fix....... talk about collapse...... O's had the division then just pissed themselves...... :yes:

OOOOOOOHHH!!! how defensive !! typical for your type.

McGary911
09-23-2005, 02:41 PM
What a great day!

Mets in first, Yankees in last......

Sometimes Dyslexia is the only thing that gets me through the day. :rolleyes:

mattyboy
09-23-2005, 06:46 PM
see chromey u givin us friggin yankee fans a bad name ;) and I guess you gotta move back up north ;P

hardcrab, I suggest you forget the yanks, let the O's worry about the sox for now and if you want revenge we'll be in town next week

looks like only one will make it , with the way clev and chicago are playing???

2 up 2 outta here tonight in the bronx :yes:

hardcrab
09-23-2005, 10:31 PM
mattyboy is the voice of reason; thank you.

my tickets are for wed. 28th.

you interested chromy ????

ChromeGorilla
09-23-2005, 11:21 PM
I'd love to run up and take in a game at the yards.....but I have an interview next week for a new job. Hey, I was pullin for your boys today..... :biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
09-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Jeez matty...your so nice you sure your not a met fan...... let me see your Yankee "man card" right now!

mattyboy
09-24-2005, 08:12 AM
mattyboy is the voice of reason; thank you.

man you hitched your wagon to the wrong horse ,there's 2 words that don't often collide in a sentence Matty and reason ;) I have only been reasonable cause i have family in Baaltimaw ;) and I don't want them coming to visit :)
looks like the wildcard with go clev or chic now it's all or nothing
hey chromey and woodsy i thought that was a good wager
damn me and boxy would be all over that perhaps it is the 2 of you who don't have the conviction of your team ??? :)

I'm not a superstious man but today on the lake I think I'll stop by the babes old house and derek's new house and sacrafice a can of boston bake beans or something :rlol:

hardcrab
09-24-2005, 08:50 AM
it's pronounced "BAWLMER, MERLIN"

ChromeGorilla
09-24-2005, 12:15 PM
I think I'll stop by the babes old house and derek's new house and sacrafice a can of boston bake beans or something :rlol:

:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

DONZI
09-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Hey! Who you callin southern? I oughta..... :biggrin.:

PS.............
I may be moving ever so slightly north soon..... :biggrin.:
I see things are changing ! :umbrella:

TuxedoPk
09-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Can you imagine the damage Ken could do if he had photoshop!

mattyboy
09-24-2005, 09:05 PM
This is a proud moment for me to see that the sophomoric humor and locker room humor and altered photos posts has passed on to a new genration
Pearson it is time to take a vacation our work here is done

ChromeGorilla
09-24-2005, 09:30 PM
I see things are changing ! :umbrella:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Woodsy
09-26-2005, 07:16 AM
I guess for now its a tie....

Woodsy

mattyboy
09-26-2005, 09:01 AM
well looks like the boston baked bean sacrafice wasn't strong enuff
this week a can of NE chowda and my larry bird t shirt ;)

DONZI
09-26-2005, 06:56 PM
We could change the subject to the soon to be 1-2 Patriots..... :biggrin:
So let's review the wk. end. :wink:

Red Sox SWEEP the O's.

New England Patriots beat the Steelers.

Boston College beats Clemson in O.T..

The local high school won and broke the opposing team's state record of 50 games without a loss. With the daughters boyfriend scoring 2 touchdowns.
"Dad, He's just a friend". :embarasse

Ahh, Yes the stars are very much inline ! :smile:

mattyboy
09-27-2005, 08:10 AM
BC won thanks to a Jersey boy Brian Toll from don bosco with a couple of TD's so does that really count ?????

sox got a double header today

mattyboy
09-27-2005, 03:02 PM
yanks win last nite bosox win the first of a d/n double header
all square 6 games to go

this will be a race to the finish someone will :convertib and some one will :moped: to the finish

mattyboy
09-28-2005, 09:02 AM
yanks loose bosox loose indian loose
all square 5 games to go
if it ends this way 2 one game playoffs
yanks sox for the division title then the looser plays the indians for the wildcard
things are tightening up

mattyboy
09-29-2005, 07:38 AM
yanks win Bosox loose 1 game up

indians loose still tied with bosox for wildcard

A Rod makes a big play for AL MVP passing Joltin Joe DiMaggio for most rh hr's for a bomber
this weekend should be a baseball fans nirvana

mattyboy
09-30-2005, 10:01 AM
biggest weekend in baseball ever!!!!

Yanks win Bosox win indians win chisox clinch
big poppy say nono me mvp
battle in beantown this weekend

will the chisox lay down??? if they do then the winner of the al east goes and the 2nd place team goes home
there are like a dozen different scenarios

the sox nation has been aweful quiet

Yanks win tonight loose sat then win sunday

go yanks go chisox

DONZI
09-30-2005, 04:43 PM
HERE WE GO ! Boston will be rockin.
We just hope and pray it'll be a repeat of last wk. end. :biggrin.:
Good luck Yank's fans and may the best team win !

Cuda
09-30-2005, 05:00 PM
I just hope if Boston wins, they don't declare nuclear war on themselves, ala Detroit. :o

Kirk
09-30-2005, 09:54 PM
Go Sox's

My MVP award goes to Ortiz!

Chromie...you might want to start to peel that sticker off the hatch. Matty how do the boston baked beans taste?

Tomorrow should be interesting!

KJ

mattyboy
10-01-2005, 07:42 AM
I don't know Kirk I wouldn't eat em and the sunnies didn't want em either and they'll eat anything
The sox only got themselves back into a tie with us and cleveland still alot of baseball left
it 's a pain in the ass finding the games last night on local NY stations today on fox nat'l tv?? or local cable
I almost had a canary last nite turned on espn and the cable listing on the bottom of the scene said ny vs boston but it was the indians game!!!!!!
after some choice words we found the game on chanl 9

I can't see a dh getting mvp plus manny saved your asses last night finally deciding to hustle

the sox have to run the table they need a sweep
head to head record now yanks 9 red sox 8

man really something to watch MLB must be loving all of this

GO YANKS

mattyboy
10-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Can You Say American Legue Eastern Division Champs For The 8 Year In A Row !!!!!!!!!!!!

The Boston Cream Pie Sacrafice Did It

Big Poppy Met The Big Unit !!!!!!

Go Yanks

TuxedoPk
10-01-2005, 03:53 PM
The only thing worse than never winning the World Series is winning it once and losing it every year thereafter....

Chrome- Time to up your asking price....

Go Yanks

Cuda
10-01-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm glad the Yankees won believe it or not. I think they have a class coach, and class players, it's just the fans I question.

Kirk
10-01-2005, 04:32 PM
In this humbaling moment..... age has shown me it's the HEART and not the BIZILLIONS that the Yankees pay that matter most.

Tomorrow is another day and an interesting one at that.

GO SOX'S

KJ

DONZI
10-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Congratulations to Yank's fans on Div. Champs !
They stepped up and beat the Sox today fair & square.

But the Fat Lady hasn't sung on the Red Sox's season yet ! ;)

TuxedoPk
10-01-2005, 06:17 PM
But the Fat Lady hasn't sung on the Red Sox's season yet ! ;)

Winning the series after losing the division would be as meaningless as becoming president w/o winning the popular vote. :smash:

hardcrab
10-01-2005, 09:03 PM
I'm glad the Yankees won believe it or not. I think they have a class coach, and class players, it's just the fans I question.
THANK YOU

mattyboy
10-01-2005, 09:07 PM
yup question us NY fans
the most championships and not one riot
classless barbaric animals we are :rolleyes:

Kirk
10-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Matty & Chromie...

Well we are all even...congrats on securing the Division win. The SOX's grabbed the wildcard. What would October baseball be without the Yankee's & Red Sox playing!

The fun starts up again on Tuesday!

Good Luck,

KJ