PDA

View Full Version : Got my evacuation call tonight!

Jraysray
09-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Yep, the city called my house tonight and told me to get out of town. Now I am neither a trend setter nor a revolutionary type so I am thinking maybe I should leave. Hmmmmmm. THINK, THINK, THINK….

Hoookin’ up tha Donz and bustin' tha hell out!!!!!!

Not really into gasping for air in the upper rafters of my attic or riding it out bareback behind the chimney stack on the roof.

I am one of the rare types around here that already had my window covers pre cut installed in less than two hours. WHAT REALLY STINKS is moving the downstairs stuff upstairs! The big screen and all that surrounds it will be afloat though.

Neither my wife nor I have the ass to move all of the furniture. That’s what insurance is for right? Pictures and papers have been properly stowed.

This is my 4th hurricane all in different locations. Been flooded 3 times.

Seriously this just sucks! I am located at the high point of the city. Seventeen feet above sea level.

Think I am taking the Donzi to save it? Well yes, I am, but it might be my ride back home. Plus it has 40 gallons of gas in it. Sort of stinks to think of it as a fuel source but during these times it is.

Wish us luck! Rita SUCKS margaritas RULE!!!!

Darrell
09-20-2005, 11:49 PM
Good luck to you guys, just hookup the Donzi and come on up to PK for the weekend to the TR#4.

Darrell

Tidbart
09-21-2005, 06:46 AM
Best of luck to you and yours.

Let me tell you, the '40 gallon fuel source' may come in handy. Mine did, last year during our hurricane binge. Kept my generator running for days when there was no gas stations around. Stop by a parts store and get one of those rubber ball type syphon valves they use on outboards and some hose. It may come in handy.

Be safe!

Bob

gcarter
09-21-2005, 08:03 AM
Yep, you're wise.
Your town was under water in '60 when Carla hit.

Jraysray
09-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Just got back and we have been truly blessed while others have not. No flood waters, no damage and the electricity was on!

The evacuation horror stories will be forthcoming. I was not even in that mess! I really don't know what to say but how fortunate my family is.

onesubdrvr
09-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Just got back and we have been truly blessed while others have not. No flood waters, no damage and the electricity was on!

The evacuation horror stories will be forthcoming. I was not even in that mess! I really don't know what to say but how fortunate my family is.
Good to hear one of ours is OK, god bless, and god bless those less fortunate, and prayers for everyone.

Wayne

Mr X
09-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Super good news!! Glad you all are OK!