View Full Version : You've come a long way RANMAN

Rootsy
09-20-2005, 10:32 AM
remember the good ole days... :p

http://web.archive.org/web/20030207174555/www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/Ultimatebb.cgi

Ranman
09-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Nice!

Back then, the Harbormaster re-did the Registry logo in such a way that it was overly obvious to any onlookers that I was on a boating site and not working. I requested that he dumb it down a bit so us slackers could be a little more discreet. The result? My career development page!

Hey. I still think I did most of us a favor. Now stop digging up sh!t on me and get back to work!

P.S. I like how the actual "registry" page still has a hot fudge sundae in the header logo. :D :D

Rootsy
09-20-2005, 10:49 AM
you can thank my better half for that link ;)

mattyboy
09-20-2005, 11:01 AM
damn I still logged in over there too :rlol:

Patti
09-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Oh and an even OLDER link..

http://web.archive.org/web/20010412130552/www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=DonziTalk&number=1&DaysPrune=60&LastLogin=;)

Ranman
09-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Patti,

Your "older" link doesn't work. hehe

Ranman
09-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Oh, and don't make me send over my friends to do my dirty work.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/sopranorandy.jpg

Patti
09-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Ok..well probably because I had a ;) at the end of it lol

Try this?

http://web.archive.org/web/20010412130552/www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=DonziTalk&number=1&DaysPrune=60&LastLogin=

If not..then I dont know why lol

boxy
09-20-2005, 07:15 PM
remember the good ole days... :p

http://web.archive.org/web/20030207174555/www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/Ultimatebb.cgi

There is a certain Ranman thread that I'm trying to find...... :D
I'll track it done in a bit...

Brad Lyon
09-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Boxy,

Does it have anything to do with a speedo!

Brad

mattyboy
09-20-2005, 09:12 PM
kevlar speedo

boxy
09-20-2005, 09:13 PM
You know it does :D :D
Damned if I can find it though .......

goatee
09-20-2005, 09:50 PM
wow!!! big flashback there! :shocking:

and i think that speedo story has been burned into everyones brain who read it.
i still laugh out loud when someone brings it up.

Rootsy
09-21-2005, 06:48 AM
i searched for the kevlar speedo thread a while back... i searched high, i searched low, i searched placed no one ever wants to go.. and damned if i could find it... musta been lost in onna the server hiccups... :bawling:

i was laughing so hard when i read that... that i cried... :eek!:

boxy
09-21-2005, 09:30 AM
that thread was the golden era of Donzi.net cool..... :shades:

Ranman
09-21-2005, 09:39 AM
It's too bad. I looked for it too with no luck. Would have made for a good read...

Donzi Jenn
09-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Story found in my personal archives. I knew that I kept everything for a reason! Sorry, honey! :bighug:

"Okay, okay, I have one.

I will preface this story by saying that I think this whole thing was premeditated by my Fiancée in an attempt to have some sort of story telling leverage for the future. I believe this because she IS the one who bought me the dreaded kevlar (or whatever the hell that material was) swimming trunks AND suggested we go out that day. I still blame her.

A few summers ago, I took Donzi Jenn out on our family's Chapparral 1930SS. At the time, I lived with my folks who have a beautiful home situated on a private lake in Commerce, MI. It was a weekday, after work, and it was always nice to come home from a long day and head out to the sandbar to relax for a bit.

Out in the middle of the lake was a nice little sandbar spot that was perfect for sitting and swimming. After pitching the anchor overboard from the open bow. I decided to hop into the knee-deep water to pull the anchor out a bit and set it by hand. As I swung one leg over the front of the bow and began to swing over the other to hop out, I lost my balance and began to tumble overboard. (This is where the story gets good.) While tumbling overboard my new, super-strong, *kevlar* bathing suit got hooked on the forward bow cleat. Although it ripped considerably, the *kevlar* now had a very firm hold of the cleat and was not even close to letting me go. It was effortlessly holding up my entire body weight with no problem. To illustrate further, the suit ripped in such a way that it was basically a ring of material with one end hooked around the cleat and the other between my legs, flossing my ass. (Damn those thru-bolted cleats.)

So I'm hanging there, over the front of this boat, bathing suit strung up through my ass, with my pecker and clockweights hanging out flying in the breeze, swinging around cause my feet are still off the ground.

I hung there for no less than ten to fifteen minutes trying to free myself, all the while, fisherman and wakeboarders are cruising by checking out the situation (or my package, or the lack thereof). Here I am, with nothing really to hold on to and neither Jenn nor I were strong enough to pull me back into the boat. I couldn't get any leverage with my feet since the slippery hull at the bow of a V bottom heads under the boat. I tried feverishly to tear the material hooked around the cleat all the while looking like a fish trying to escape from the hook in its mouth. All this effort seemed to be for nothing, so I got mad. I yelled at Jenn for not being strong enough to pull all 250lbs of me in. I wriggled and fought for what seemed to be an eternity. I think I was about to cry.

Finally, just as Jenn was getting ready to fire up the boat and take us home so we could get something to cut me free, I had a vision of having to idle all the way down the canal, in front of all the homes, hanging basically naked off the front of this boat. I rejected that thought and in a last ditch attempt, I managed to get enough strength to miraculously un-hook myself and fall to my knees in the water. Let me just point out that I have NEVER been overcome with such a feeling of relief in my entire 28 years on this planet. I quickly recovered while in the water, boarded the boat (from the swim platform of course) and got the hell out of there. Fortunately, I only suffered for a day or so from a bruised ego and some purple coconuts. "

That was entirely worth it! :biggrin.:

goatee
09-21-2005, 12:26 PM
randy, your a pretty popular guy on this side.
i think his name is gary oak, owns oak roofing. i asked him you two were related, and he just smiled and shook his head. then he asked me if i had any idea how many people ask him that?
i told him you live west side, and boat out here on the lake alot.

Ranman
09-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Goat,

No relation. I have an uncle named Graham, but no Gary in the roofing business.

TuxedoPk
09-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Jenn, Thanks for posting the story- The laughs reading it made my day.

Randy- You've got to start posting more.. you've got a great way with words.

boxy
09-21-2005, 03:19 PM
DJ, thank you, thank you, thank you....... :D

Randy that is still one of the funniest things ever posted on this board.... :shades:
Now if we could only bring RanDell back into the chat room, everything would be all right.