PDA

View Full Version : ?? for the Jacksonville folks

florida gator
09-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Thinking of doing some boating Florida Georgia weekend. I will attend the game and was wondering 2 things

1 Is there anywhere to dock near the stadium?

1 How long should it take to run from Devils Elbow resort in Crescent Beach?

ChromeGorilla
09-19-2005, 04:04 PM
1. Yes, you can dock and go to the game. Get there eraly if not the night before. Mjor parties at the landing where you can tie up all weekend. Give me a few minutes on the time for the trip...playing poker tourny....I'll be done in a few minutes.....

ChromeGorilla
09-19-2005, 04:48 PM
It is 67 miles from Devils Elbow resort in Cresent Beach to Alltell Stadium by water. The only no wake zones btween DE and alltell is 1 bridge in ST. Augustine, 1 bridge in Ponte Vedra 2 bridges in Jax Beach and a 1/2-3/4 mile NWZ where the ICW and St Johns river meet. The bridge ones are very short. The last one I mentioned takes a couple minutes. The only other one is a conditional one in the port of Jacksonville. If there is a merchant marine ship off/onloading military equipement there is a 1 mile + NWZ at the shipping port patroled by several USCG boats......just ask Babydonzi.... :biggrin.: So I guess it depends on how fast you can run. The water from DE to the St. Johns is good water to run on with occasional sport fisher wakes plowing ahead. The St. Johns can build up some if windy. There are plenty of gas stops along the way. I would suggest leaving early Sat morning like 6-7 AM...(no kidding on this) making the run up with no water traffic (will make huge difference) and getting a spot to tie up at the Jacksonville Landing. It is not far to the stadium. hell you could walk if you wanted to, but I think there are shuttles. After game go back to landing and partake in the worlds largest cocktail party! Spend the night on your boat at the landing and run back on Sunday. The landing will be non stop action throughout the night. I will post a pic of last years game. people without cuddies tie up over night and just crach on the floor of their boat or on the rear bench.

florida gator
09-19-2005, 08:39 PM
We go every year. I am familiar with logistics once in Jax. Just thinking about trying something different.

Any better place to stay closer to Jax? Any place reserve boat slips?

ChromeGorilla
09-19-2005, 11:40 PM
Thats the funny thing about Jacksonville, lots of places to "go" boating but there really aren't any places to stay w/ dockage in and around Jax. Closest place really is St. Augustine. But even if you stayed there you would shave 13 miles off of each leg, 26 miles total. An awesome place to stay/eat/dock in St Augustine is The Conch House (http://www.conch-house.com/) This place is one of our favorite destinations by boat.