PDA

View Full Version : N.E. Florida November Donzi Meet

Cuda
09-19-2005, 02:40 PM
Okay, I'm starting a new thread about it.

So far, it looks like Porky's will be the place, and the date is still open. Let's hear which date works best for the most people. Thanksgiving weekend is out, so that gives us November 4,5,&6 or 11,12,&13, or 18,19,&20. All the dates are fine with me. I know we won't be able to accomodate everyone's wishes, so we'll go with the most voted.

I'm thinking a run from Porky's to Gator's Landing, which Last Tango says has good docks, and enough of them.

Perhaps Sunday, a run to Silver Glen for those who don't have to get on the road early.

It's a 30 mile run each way to Gator's, and it's 9 miles each way to Silver Glen.

If anyone else wants to take charge of this gathering, I'd much rather be a worker bee than the guy out front. I get enough of that day to day with my business. :)

Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Last Tango
09-19-2005, 05:26 PM
November 11/12/13. My only free weekend that month.
And I have a personal preference on which way we go which day, but it is so darned selfish as to not be worth the words. But here they are anyway... I prefer to go to Silver Glen Springs on Saturday. We always seem to save that for Sunday and then half the folks can't go or we can't stay long enough to enjoy it. We have done this run several times, and I believe we should enjoy the Springs more this time than we have.
And on Sunday we do 11:00 lunch at Gator Landing, still leaving plenty of time for early departures to get back and load up for home. Okay, and here is the really selfish part, eating lunch at Gator Landing on Sunday is halfway home for me since I will be going back north to Jacksonville by boat. And then I won't have to bail out on Sunday so early in order to make it back.

Cuda, the man who creates the interest is the event chair. All you really need to do is call Gator Landing and make certain that they are open that weekend for us and block some rooms. THEN let everyone know and make their own reservations. After that, your job is done. Those who show can decide which way on which day to go.

Budmann
09-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Donzi Jodi and I are in. Just post the dates and we will be there.

Last Real Texan
09-19-2005, 09:19 PM
I Can come and play 18,19,20... I will come down from Macon....Guess it is a 5 hour ride down there.

Bryan

ChromeGorilla
09-19-2005, 11:28 PM
Cuda are you suggesting the boating for both days starts at Porky's?

I was figuring something like Palatka being homebase as usual. (The hotel docks are rebuilt and are brand new.)

- Saturday monring run to Silver Glen Springs and either on the way to or back, stop and eat at Porky's. those who have never been to the sprigs can see and we hit Porky's.

- Sunday morning a run north to either Outback Crabshack or any other place up here in Jacksonville for lunch and then run home. Again, the trip to jax would be nice for those who have never done it.

Something like this would get lots of boating in. We could do either trip on either day, I really don't care..... just my 2 cents :biggrin.:

Cuda
09-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Yes, I was thinking of Porky's for the home base. It was the site of the inaugaral Seadogs gathering. I remember I was scrambling to get my boat ready for that one, and didn't make it. I've always hoped they'd have another one there.

Last Real Texan
09-20-2005, 07:49 AM
Need more info on the home base and where all this stuff is....Serious about coming 4,5,6 is also good for me. What is porky's? a bar ? Restaurant? Water motel? enlighten us green horns.

Bryan

Cuda
09-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Need more info on the home base and where all this stuff is....Serious about coming 4,5,6 is also good for me. What is porky's? a bar ? Restaurant? Water motel? enlighten us green horns.

Bryan

All the above. :)

Look at the thread below "Is it too early?" I posted some pics of Porky's on there.

Last Real Texan
09-20-2005, 08:10 AM
Sounds good...will do.

ChromeGorilla
09-20-2005, 10:21 AM
It doesn't really matter to me. :wavey:

Greg K
09-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Nov. 11-13 is the best for most from what I can see..
Base doesn't matter as long as the freezing temps are avoided unlike the two previous visits in the month of Nov. have been.

ChromeGorilla
09-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Last Dec I did a tys for tots run in Orlando....was so frigin cold and wnidy..... we put on motorcycle helmets and hauled ass.....

Cuda
09-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Last November in Palatka, it wasn't very cold, but it was drizzly.

Last Tango
09-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Last year was wet, but not horribly cold like the previous two years when we did it the first weekend in December (one in Palatka, one at Blairs Jungle Den). Second weekend in Novemeber we did the first couple years (it was my birthday) first at Porkey's, then at Palatka (had the Z3250 for that one).

To the uninitiated... Porkey's is... well... basic. About a dozen...ummm... motel rooms cum bait and fish cleaning sheds, no tellin' what they are like now, a fairly-rough-but-there-concrete-most-of-the-way-down-with-a-couple-surprise-holes boat ramp, three meals a day served in the dining room/registration office, The Wild Hog Saloon next door to the dining room, used to have chicken wire in front of the "band" (yep, just like the movie Road House) and looks straight out of the movie on Friday and Saturday nights. And the Infamous "Ted Burger" which is known on the menu as the Wild Hog Burger, about 5 greasy pounds of ground beef. Mr X (nee 500-something at the time) ordered and ate one for lunch. Besides the meat, Ted also turned green and had to take a few hours to "collect himself" after that. It has provided 5 years of entertainment since, and the renaming of the cheeseburger in infamy as the "Ted-burger." The boat slips are covered and included with the room (no extra charge for the big hairy spiders and their tennis net webs), first come first served at any given moment. No speed limits or No Wake zones, fresh water, Premium gas at the waterfront with a discount for Boat/US members. The "locals" of Georgetown hang out at Porkey's and provide a colorful array of pre-homosapien geneology. Gillette, Crest, and Palmolive are not well-know brand names there.
If your wife or girlfriend is squeemish at the Holiday Inn Express, then leave her home, 'cuz this one won't do at all and we can't have any marital bickering. It's the only game in town.
This is a RETURN TO MECCA for the SEADOGs!
www.porkyslandingandmarina.com (turn up the volume when you go to this website)

ChromeGorilla
09-20-2005, 10:51 PM
If someone wants to split a room with me let me know. Can save ya some coin better used on boat fuel.... :yes: Why pay 54 when we can get it to $30 or less each. Just a thought....... and NO, I won't tuck you in Phil...... :biggrin:

here are the rates.....

Single occupancy $54/night
Double $59.40/night
Triple $64.80/night
Quad $70.20/night

onesubdrvr
09-20-2005, 10:54 PM
If someone wants to split a room with me let me know. Can save ya some coin better used on boat fuel.... :yes: Why pay 54 when we can get it to $30 or less each. Just a thought....... and NO, I won't tuck you in Phil...... :biggrin:

here are the rates.....

Single occupancy $54/night
Double $59.40/night
Triple $64.80/night
Quad $70.20/night
Scott,

I take it this is kind of a GUYS weekend? I'd be interested,....

Wayne

ps, I don't like being tucked in!!

ChromeGorilla
09-20-2005, 10:58 PM
Wayne...first wake up..... :biggrin: Dude your late for watch. :biggrin: Nope this is for everyone. Wives are more than welcome, but like mentioned before. Kind of rustic and i know my wife wouldn't ever stay there in a million years. :rolleyes: Plus it will probably be a little chilly for her on the boat. After Dora last year i know she "could" do it, but not that she "wants" to go boating in the colder weather. That said, I am coming down (or up, TBD...) solo.

ChromeGorilla
09-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Scott,
ps, I don't like being tucked in!!

Awww....c'mon wayne...I know A-gangers like to tuck it in when they stand in front of the mirror..... :biggrin: :yes: :rlol:

onesubdrvr
09-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Wayne...first wake up..... :biggrin: Dude your late for watch. :biggrin: Nope this is for everyone. Wives are more than welcome, but like mentioned before. Kind of rustic and i know my wife wouldn't ever stay there in a million years. :rolleyes: Plus it will probably be a little chilly for her on the boat. After Dora last year i know she "could" do it, but not that she "wants" to go boating in the colder weather. That said, I am coming down (or up, TBD...) solo.
Ahhh, those "watch" days are like SOOOO long gone!! I know I'm up late (for an old man), but searching the web up and down for an 18 or 22,......planning at least!!

Well, so be-it, (trust me, my wife wouldn't stay there in a million years either!!)

Sounds good, as soon as a weekend is nailed down, I'll make sure the coast is clear, and we'll plan for it!!

Wayne

Cuda
09-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Scott,

I take it this is kind of a GUYS weekend? I'd be interested,....

!!
Hell no! I ain't arranging no sausage party!

You and CG might want to take this to pms. :eek!:

Cuda
09-20-2005, 11:57 PM
Damn, sounds like all yall have princesses for wives. You should have drug one out of the swamps like I did. :)

onesubdrvr
09-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Hell no! I ain't arranging no sausage party!

You and CG might want to take this to pms. :eek!:
Joe, you funny,......

reminds me of a south of the boarder billboard

"I never sausage thing" (I never saw such a thing)

onesubdrvr
09-21-2005, 12:05 AM
Damn, sounds like all yall have princesses for wives. You should have drug one out of the swamps like I did. :)
Joe,....

I don't know if I'd say princess, I've got four of those, she's more like the queen. Let's just say, not very venturesome when it comes to lodging! yeah that's it!! :rolleyes: Hey, she does eat gator tail, oysters, frogs legs etc. so she's 1/2 way there,.....now if I could just get her on the same page with boating :biggrin:

Wayne

onesubdrvr
09-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Awww....c'mon wayne...I know A-gangers like to tuck it in when they stand in front of the mirror..... :biggrin: :yes: :rlol:

Reminds me of a story,........

better left untold for now,...maybe at Porky's!!

ahhhh the days of being trapped in a 300' long section of sewer pipe with 130 other mens for months on end,....THANK GOD FOR LIBERTY PORTS!!

Oh Yeah, almost forgot, you don't know what those are, you elected to stay trapped with the mens :biggrin: ..

L8R

onesubdrvr
09-21-2005, 12:15 AM
So,.....

now the air is clearing (I HOPE) from the inuendos, what dates are we thinking?

Wayne
:beer:

Cuda
09-21-2005, 12:16 AM
I never have to worry if accomodations will suit Debbie. I guarantee, it would bother me before it would bother her. :)

As a matter of fact, this evening we were riding the four wheelers in the forest, and she wants to drag the tent out there and spend the night. :)

Here she had just spotted four deer that crossed the road. She is on a point like a bird dog. :)

ChromeGorilla
09-21-2005, 12:45 AM
Here's my bird dog...Otis 2 year old german Shorthaired pointer. Can't take him out without him pointing. Dislikes birds and squirells, HATES cats with an extreme prejudice. Goes "cujo" when he see's one. One smart SOB.

Man, there I go again wayyyyyyyyy O/T...LOL
But yeah Michelle is funny about hotels. We stayed at the hotel in Palatka earlier this year as a home base to go to the Glen all weekend....she wan't very please......so i won't even try with porky's..... :biggrin:

Last Tango
09-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Okay, Cuda. Drummmmmm Rolllllllll...
Which weekend?

Cuda
09-21-2005, 06:05 PM
I thought we should wait a couple more days to see what dates work best for the most.

Last Real Texan
09-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Earlier better for weather..........4,5,6 Have to work both of the others....

Bryan

florida gator
09-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Vany at home the 5, Cocks away on the 12, Bday on the 11. Not sure if I can come for sure either weekend yet but, 12 probably looks best. Good for a watch party for the game anyway.

onesubdrvr
09-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, like everyone, I can't do any weekend, weekends of 11/4 and 11/19 work best for me, the other weekend momma is working and we'd have no-one to watch the kids.

Let me know which weekend soon though, maybe I can change if need be

See y'all soon!
Wayne

Budmann
10-01-2005, 09:14 AM
:shades: :shades: Is this still something wwe plan to do?? Let's try and put this together. :shades:

Cuda
10-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Okay, I guess I'm elected to make the decision. Let's go with the 11, 12, 13th, that way Last Tango can help us make arrangements with Gator's Landing.

Sound ok?

Last Tango
10-02-2005, 08:53 PM
I'm in for that weekend. (But I did cancel the "other" event I was supposed to do the following weekend just in case...)
Looks like a three-way split on the weekend selection, anyway. So lets press forward and see who we get. We can always do it again in the Spring. That section of the river is just too nice not to do it often.
Cuda, I'll call Gator Landing and set it up for Sunday, November 13th lunch. I'll request the "Board Room."

Cuda
10-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Don't you think Saturday would work better for people who have to drive home Sunday?

Last Tango
10-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Saturday the 12th it is, then.

11:00?

Budmann
10-03-2005, 05:42 PM
Works for us! Wow, Palatka the 12th and the worlds race the following weekend.
This work thing is not goin to like this one bit. :incredibl :incredibl

gcarter
10-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Elaine and I will be in LV, NV for a national dealer meeting, and we'll be gone about 12 days during that time.
Y'all have a good time.

Last Tango
10-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Nancy and I will be in LV, NV the week before you at the SEMA show. We'll warm up the dice for you before you get there, George.
For several years we stayed at the "new" end of the strip and enjoyed all the fancy hotels and shows. Now we stay at the Lady Luck Hotel near Freemont Street. Hotel rooms are very nice, $40 a night, the slots are real "loose" and we can walk a block to Freemont Street and enjoy the nicely refurbished and covered street of Old Las Vegas.

gcarter
10-04-2005, 09:39 AM
My brother-in-law (Elaine's brother) and his partner owns the Kinetico dealership in Clarke County, NV, so we always have a place to stay.
When we do stay in a hotel, I always use Hotels.com. You'd be surprised how many places you can stay for $25-$30/night and $75/night on weekends.

Cuda
10-11-2005, 07:42 AM
So who is going for sure? If there isn't enough interest, I'm thinking of squashing it, and going to the Keys the following weekend.

Budmann
10-11-2005, 08:10 AM
:biggrin: Jodi and I are out!! Couldn't do both. Going to the races. Sorry L.T. but we be goin down to play with with the big donzi's. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Last Tango
10-11-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm still in. Looking forward to it. I have three hotties who want to ride with me all weekend.

Greg K
10-11-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm planning on it.

Cuda
10-11-2005, 09:22 AM
Okay, I'm in, I just hadn't gotten much feedback. It's a helluva lot closer for me than KW. Who knows, I may do both. :)

Budmann
10-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Joe Cuda... we would love to play with you and Deb in K.W.! I too will also see if we can do both.
Starting a new business can be expensive, but we can't neglect our Seadogs! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

onesubdrvr
10-11-2005, 03:17 PM
I'm IN!!

Can't wait,.....Not sure if I'm going to go up Friday, and stay Friday and Sat, or go up Saturday and stay Saturday, leave sunday,..... but either way, I'll be there!!

Wayne

Cuda
10-11-2005, 05:41 PM
We are probably going up Friday, and leave Sunday.

Last Real Texan
10-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Second weekend........................................... ...................I am out , rats , maybe next year. Have a great time.

Bryan

Budmann
10-11-2005, 06:39 PM
If we go we will be there the entire weekend!! :alligator :alligator :alligator :alligator

Cuda
10-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Come on Buddy, we need you two there, if not, at least send Jodeye! :)

rumshaker
10-11-2005, 08:21 PM
The Rumshaker's are most likely in for that Saturday! With the water being so cold by then, I'll finally have a good excuse for the shrinkage factor..

Cuda
10-11-2005, 08:37 PM
The Rumshaker's are most likely in for that Saturday! With the water being so cold by then, I'll finally have a good excuse for the shrinkage factor..
I hope to avoid any bodily contact with the water. :D

Last Tango
10-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Water temperature at that time of the year is still ... warm. The temperature of the crystal clear fresh water in Silver Glen Springs is the same every day of the year. 74 degree. Actually far warmer that the air in January and February. Jump in and WARM UP!

ChromeGorilla
10-11-2005, 10:49 PM
LT's right...the water wouldn't be bad. If I was goin I would take a plunge at the springs for sure....... but then again I have a little more insulation than Cuda.... :biggrin:

onesubdrvr
10-12-2005, 03:11 PM
LT's right...the water wouldn't be bad. If I was goin I would take a plunge at the springs for sure....... but then again I have a little more insulation than Cuda.... :biggrin:
What's this "IF" crap?

Seriously, I hope you can make it, and if you don't want to tow the boat down, ride with me.

Wayne

Last Tango
10-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Okay, I know all you SEADOGs are in PTSS after the shock and awe of the Donzi Hometown Gathering that Mike Miller had for us a couple weeks ago, but it is time to shake off the cobwebs again and fuel up the boat for the event at Porkey's Landing. Gas prices have dropped about 30 cents a gallon in the last two weeks, so no more moaning about that. If you are driving your SUV or pickup truck again then stop bellyaching and make your reservation. Gator Landing is booked for lunch on Saturday and I can't eat all that fresh seafood by myself. I'll have Julie with me, and probably Tammy, and a couple others.
It's SHOWTIME!

onesubdrvr
10-26-2005, 08:34 PM
I'll be there,

BUT, if for some reason I find myself Boatless :D :banghead: :bonk: , I'll need a ride

Don't think it'll hapen, but 2 weeks is a long time!!

Wayne

Cuda
10-26-2005, 08:40 PM
I've been meaning for a week to make my reservations. I never remember when I'm at home at it's business hours.

onesubdrvr
10-29-2005, 08:41 PM
OK,

I'd love to know who all will be there, count me and the Ragazza in!

Wayne

Cuda
10-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Wayne, do you know if Baby Donzi is coming? I mentioned it to them at Sarasota, and they sounded like they wanted to come.

onesubdrvr
10-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Wayne, do you know if Baby Donzi is coming? I mentioned it to them at Sarasota, and they sounded like they wanted to come.
Honestly Joe, I don't know, but I'll call him tomorow and find out, like you, I've GOT to make my reservations soon!!

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
10-29-2005, 09:24 PM
I was gonna go down and pick up my boat tommorrow and bring it up here but got to thinkin, since boat is already down there. I could leave it where it is (very secure and free) or haul it up herewhere I first have to find storage and pay..... plus no year round boating. Or leave it in Jax, go to Palatka event, leave boat in GA afterwards, then go to AngelAid and finally haul boat up here after that..... hmmmmmmm...... this may work.......

Cuda
10-29-2005, 09:31 PM
I was gonna go down and pick up my boat tommorrow and bring it up here but got to thinkin, since boat is already down there. I could leave it where it is (very secure and free) or haul it up herewhere I first have to find storage and pay..... plus no year round boating. Or leave it in Jax, go to Palatka event, leave boat in GA afterwards, then go to AngelAid and finally haul boat up here after that..... hmmmmmmm...... this may work.......
Love to have you come Scott.:biggrin.:

ChromeGorilla
10-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Love to have you come Scott.:biggrin.:

Thats what all the girls say..... ;) :rlol: :rlol: ;)

Last Tango
10-30-2005, 09:00 AM
Well to reaffirm, I am in, as well as Greg K from Charlotte, NC. We have a room booked at Porkey's. We will be putting in at Julington Creek in Jax on Friday early afternoon, and running to Porkey's together. Great op for CG and others to join us for a group run. Probably leave Julington Creek around 2-ish in order to get to Porkey's well before sundown.
If you want to join the run to Porkey's from Jax, on Friday afternoon, post here and then on Friday 11th call my cell (904) 534-9928.

onesubdrvr
10-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Made my reservations today,....

Mark, I don't think I'm going to run up to Jacksonville, then back down, but I may, I'll keep your cell # handy. Is there a good place to keep the truck / trailer over Friday and Saturday night?

What about you Joe, when are you heading up?

I plan on being there about lunchtime on Thursday (depends on when check in is), but that way I can get the boat in the water, and throw down a few cold ones.

C Y'all there!
Wayne

Last Tango
10-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Arriving on Thursday may be a whole bunch of overkill unless you are planning to make a run south to Silver Glen or something. Most of the folks will be there on Friday afternoon and Saturday. Then again, you can maybe wet a line knowing that you won't be getting a razzing from the performance-only crowd. Best time to see the river when it is quiet and lazy.

Superior write-up on cruising the St. Johns River in the latest edition of Family & Performance Boating magazine. Mentions the best places to stay and gas up in the area between Lake George and Palatka which is where we will be. I will also take it upon myself, being a local, to check out the recommendations of places to eat and stay that I have not tried yet, and offer the best up for the NEXT meeting there.

Cuda
10-31-2005, 09:06 PM
We will come as early as possible on Friday. It all depends on what's going on at work.

Mark, we'd like to join you when checking out the new spots on the river. :)

Budmann
10-31-2005, 09:30 PM
Hey Mark, Looks like Jodi and I won't be able to make it this year. Maybe next year we can join everyone for some winter fun.:embarasse :embarasse :embarasse

onesubdrvr
11-01-2005, 04:32 AM
Arriving on Thursday may be a whole bunch of overkill unless you are planning to make a run south to Silver Glen or something.........

Ooooops, I meant Friday,.... I'll be there about lunch time Friday

I'm such a goof!!

Wayne

Last Tango
11-01-2005, 04:05 PM
I'll be incommunicado for the next few days. I am leaving in the morning for Las Vegas to attend a couple long days at SEMA. I know you all feel bad for me about this, but it will NOT interfere with next weeks gathering. I'll even bring pictures. Mostly Porsches and Mopars and Pontiac GTO's and the models (automotive Donzi Girls). You folks play nice here while I'm gone.

Cuda
11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Can someone post the number to Porkey's? I've been calling the number I have all day, and nobody has answered. :(

onesubdrvr
11-02-2005, 06:34 AM
Can someone post the number to Porkey's? I've been calling the number I have all day, and nobody has answered. :(
Joe,

The number I used to make my reservations was 386-467-2310. However, I had to let it ring like 10 times before someone answered (4pm). Aparantly they weren't open that day (or something), Anyway I spoke with Randy, he took my info and I think I'm set.

Wayne

Cuda
11-02-2005, 09:29 AM
Wayne, Thank you very much that number worked. They answered right away,and we are set.

Ms. Cuda;)

onesubdrvr
11-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Wayne, Thank you very much that number worked. They answered right away,and we are set.

Ms. Cuda;)
No problem Deb,

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

Greg K
11-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Now who's all in for a trip on the St. John's????

onesubdrvr
11-02-2005, 10:58 AM
Now who's all in for a trip on the St. John's????
Greg,

I'm not sure, I'll be up to Porkey's pretty early on Friday, but as I'm coming from the south, I'm not sure I want to drive up to Jacksonville, run south with the boat for the weekend, then back up to Jacksonville to pick up the truck Friday - I'm gonna have to mapquest it and see.

Otherwise, I may put-in at Porkey's, then run north and meet you guys 1/2 way, then run back with y'all.

Anyway, must now spend some time with MapQuest and Blue Charts!!

C y'all real soon
Wayne

smokediver
11-02-2005, 05:07 PM
I wish Silvia and I could make it ... I am starting sea school to get my capt. license nov.5th and it runs through that weekend ... take lots of pics !!! I would love to come up to the st. johns in early spring and cruise through st. augustine ...

Cuda
11-02-2005, 05:38 PM
I wish Silvia and I could make it ... I am starting sea school to get my capt. license nov.5th and it runs through that weekend ... take lots of pics !!! I would love to come up to the st. johns in early spring and cruise through st. augustine ...
Anytime you want to come, I live half a mile from a very nice ramp, and I have plenty of space here at the Casa de Cuda. :)

Greg K
11-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Who's in..
Mark Laszlo
Cuda
Wayne
Myself....

Anymore? :beer:

Cuda
11-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Wayne, did you ever ask Baby Donzi?

onesubdrvr
11-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Wayne, did you ever ask Baby Donzi?
Joe,

I called him, but he had to run quick, didn't get a chance to ask, I'll give him a buzz again this evening..
Spoke with him while typing - he said count him out - too many events this year, only other traveling he's doing this year is a trip to Vegas. But, he'll be at the Miami boat show, and the AngelAid poker run. Mentioned something about pixie dust but was a little unclear :wink:

Wayne

Cuda
11-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Greg K, was that you in Oso's chatroom last night that said they weren't going to make it?

Greg K
11-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Greg K, was that you in Oso's chatroom last night that said they weren't going to make it?
Nope...never been to OSO chat...

Cuda
11-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Nope...never been to OSO chat...
Someone on there who knows me from here told me he wasn't going to make it. I didn't recognize the screen name, and you're the only other guy I could think of that it might be.

See you next weekend. :)

ChromeGorilla
11-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Well I won't be there. :angryfire With my new job at Michelin, I will be going to school for a while before I start my "job" job..... My classes are at a local college and my first course runs Mon-Fri, noon to 8 PM...... really wouldn't be time for me to make the drive down having class so late on Fri.....

Oh well... gotta love getting full pay and benefits for going to college full time....:yes: I don't even go to the Michelin plant...just school.....:D

Have a good time.... looks like it will be a bit warmer ths year.....hopefully no rain :crossfing

Cuda
11-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Well I won't be there. :angryfire With my new job at Michelin, I will be going to school for a while before I start my "job" job..... My classes are at a local college and my first course runs Mon-Fri, noon to 8 PM...... really wouldn't be time for me to make the drive down having class so late on Fri.....

Oh well... gotta love getting full pay and benefits for going to college full time....:yes: I don't even go to the Michelin plant...just school.....:D

Have a good time.... looks like it will be a bit warmer ths year.....hopefully no rain :crossfing
Is Michelin making nuclear tires now???:eek:

We'll miss you, but don't forget us down this way. :)

onesubdrvr
11-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah,

You'll be missed, and so will that SCHWEET boat of yours, at least I KNOW you won't miss the AngelAid run!

Take care, and I'll be in touch soon about moving a boat :biggrin:

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
11-05-2005, 07:05 AM
So is anyone gonna jump in the water at the Glen????? :eek:

onesubdrvr
11-05-2005, 07:13 AM
I will if you will!!

I was just thinking, why not meet us for Lunch Saturday, run with us after lunch and go back Sat. night or Sunday? You wouldn't even have to bring the boat (if you'd want to ride in the Ragazza), or I'm sure someone else would let you ride!!

Wayne

Cuda
11-05-2005, 07:14 AM
Hell, I don't even jump in that cold ass water when it's 100 outside. Last time I got in water that cold, my package shrank down to eight inches. It was so embarassing.

Cuda
11-05-2005, 07:15 AM
I will if you will!!

I was just thinking, why not meet us for Lunch Saturday, run with us after lunch and go back Sat. night or Sunday? You wouldn't even have to bring the boat (if you'd want to ride in the Ragazza), or I'm sure someone else would let you ride!!

Wayne
Wayne, he's probably skeered that truck won't be able to get here and back without repairs.:eek: :cistineb:

ChromeGorilla
11-05-2005, 07:22 AM
8"....bahhahahahahahahhaaha:wink:

There's always Deb/CudaJoe's rescue service if I need it..... even though I doubt it....:uzi:

onesubdrvr
11-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Wayne, he's probably skeered that truck won't be able to get here and back without repairs.:eek: :cistineb:

What, does he drive a Chevy or somethin??

Cuda
11-05-2005, 07:28 AM
What, does he drive a Chevy or somethin??
Good guess! :)

onesubdrvr
11-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Well,

Friday is almost here :biggrin.:

See you guys tomorrow!! :beer:

Wayne

Cuda
11-10-2005, 07:40 AM
I'm doing a couple finishing touches, then let Debbie put a shine on her, and we're good to go. We will probably leave here mid morning tomorrow.

Greg K
11-10-2005, 10:02 AM
I hate this and it really sucks @$$...I won't be making it, work is unfortunately keeping me away again. You guys have a good time

Cuda
11-10-2005, 11:50 AM
I hate this and it really sucks @$$...I won't be making it, work is unfortunately keeping me away again. You guys have a good time
Too bad you won't be able to make it. The weather here is absolutely perfect today, and it's supposed to stay that way through the weekend. No clouds, high in the low eighties. :)

Last Tango
11-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Okay, I will be there tomorrow afternoon, by boat. Since Greg K and his son will not be coming down, I'm bringing a mystery guest to share my room. I called Gator Landing and we are set for lunch on Saturday at 11:00.
See you folks there!

onesubdrvr
11-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Okay, I will be there tomorrow afternoon, by boat. Since Greg K and his son will not be coming down, I'm bringing a mystery guest to share my room. I called Gator Landing and we are set for lunch on Saturday at 11:00.
See you folks there!
I've always loved surprises :biggrin.:

Looking forward to seeing 'ya again Mark

Joe, I'll be leaving Orlando at about 8:00 - unfortunately, I've got to drag my @$$ up there for a meeting at 7am, so, up at 4am, leave at 4:30ish, to make it to Orlando for a crappy 45 minute meeting about a bunch of nothing, should be to Porky's at about 10:00, get the boat in the water, mozy up to the lounge and grab a RUM AND COKE!!!!!!

Wayne

Cuda
11-11-2005, 06:56 AM
It's kind of cool here this morning, 49 degrees, but the weather is supposed to be absolutely gorgeous this weekend. Low humidity, and a high around 80. We should be out of here around noon. I'm taking a fishing rod to catch some bream for Debbie Davis from the docks. :)

Cuda
11-11-2005, 09:56 AM
Debbie put the new stickers on the drive, they look good. I'm going to try a different prop today, a 24 Turbo.

Couple more things to do, then we are on our way.

Cuda
11-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Ran into a major snafu with the boat. The starter is shot out from being emersed in salt water. I think I've located one. I have the old one out.

ChromeGorilla
11-11-2005, 02:56 PM
Lake george can be like a mirror on somedays and whip up quick on others...... two very different bodies of water depending on weather....

I took this while running over 70 mph across Lake George this summer...

http://www2.hotboat.com/image_center/data/500/2445DSCF1020.JPG

Cuda
11-11-2005, 03:36 PM
After fcking with the Minx all day, pulled the starter and replaced it with a new one that apparently doesn't fit the ring gear, I have given the fck up and gone to plan B.:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :mad:

ChromeGorilla
11-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Good thing you have 7 back ups...... ;) Have a good time Joe.

sweet 16 1966
11-13-2005, 07:21 AM
Cuda,
The drive looks good. Where did you get the stickers from? Mine needs new ones bad! Hope the weekend run went well. Wish I was there. 441 miles away and no time but my thoughts were with all of you this weekend.
Hope LT behaved with his suprise guest!

Last Tango
11-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Well, Russ, I don't know if I have made myself out to be a wild womanizer or a pedophile, but my special guest was my 8 year old boat buddy, Joshua (aka Bubba), who has been my boating buddy since he was about 2, his mother having total and complete trust in me alone (I am the ONLY other person allowed to pick him up from school - neither his father (her third ex) nor his mother's current husband (soon to be ex #4) has that permission). Bubba and I started Friday off early together (he had the day off from school because of Veterans Day, and I had the day off from work because I'm a retired veteran). We drove over to the Naval Air Station together to get manly haircuts at the Navy barber shop - he ALWAYS requests "high and tight" and I just settle for the Navy "regular." Then we did brunch at McDonalds. After that we went back to my house to grab my stuff, and Nancy (my wife) drove us over to the boat so I wouldn't have to leave my car at the marina overnight.
The weather was stunning! Clear blue skies, temp in the 70's, a light breeze out of the northeast. The wind gave us a mix of flat areas and 2 foot chop with following seas to run over on the way south to Porkey's Landing. We attempted to run the lee side of the river to stay out of the rough stuff, but some portions of the river are just "busy" no matter what the wind. Running at a constant 50 mph +/- and about 3200 RPM, we arrived two hours later at Porkey's and tied up in a covered slip and headed up to the registration office to check in. Since Greg K and Evan weren't coming we, switched from a room with three single beds, to two queen-size beds so we could each roll around all night in comfort.
Onesubdriver was already there waiting for folks, so we chatted for a while and then launched his boat. Since I had already had a two hour warm-up for MY boat, we fired up the worlds fastest Regazza 21 (sounded like a Pro Stock Dragster firing up) and then we all climbed aboard and motored out into Lake George. The late afternoon seabreeze had kicked in by then, so, Lake George had about a 2 1/2 foot chop. Not the best conditions for a Regazza, so the ride was short but sweet. Bubba manned the rear seat and hung on as we leaped through the waves. I nearly had to slap him to get the smile off his face when we got back. Kids...
Well, after all that excitement the three of us sat down at a sunny picnic table in front of our rooms and played about 20 hands of UNO until the sun set over the river. Damn it was beautiful. Even Bubba remarked that he was having one of the best times of his life. After sunset, we wandered down the dock to check the lines and then sat down inside the cozy restaurant for dinner. Porkey's is not a 4 Star restaurant. But they have enough stuff on the menu to get a satisfying meal.
Just as we finished dinner, guess who finally showed up? Yep, Cuda and Debbie. Seems Debbie had worked all day trying to get the Minx starter working but they finally gave up and brought the Formula 302. We all had a fun chat togther, then Joe and Debbie ate dinner and settled into their room.
Bubba and I settled into our room, which meant about 50 hands of two-man UNO with a Disney movie on the TV. He was quite comfortable with everything and was loving cards and TV and the boat talk, and the whole atmosphere of "almost camping out" but with a hot shower and cable TV. Kids...
So about 9:30 we (Bubba and Wayne and I) strolled out to the end of the dock and looked up at the stars. I gave Bubba (and apparently Wayne) a lesson in astronomy and pointed out Mars and Polaris, and then showed Bubba (and apparently Wayne) how to recognize the November constellations. Bubba and I are both Scorpio's so that was very important to learn to recognize taht one. We also learned how to spot Orion's belt, Orion's sword, and several other major constellations. I also showed Bubba (and apparently Wayne) how to distinguish an airplane from an orbiting satellite. I was an Aviator in the Navy, Wayne was a Bubblehead Mech, so Celestial Navigation was not part of his curriculum.
Saturday morning we all met for breakfast and boat chat, and then fiddled with Cuda's Formula to get it ready for launch. Once he was in the water, Wayne jumped aboard with Bubba and me, and Debbie fussed over the motors in the Formula. Seems that the port engine wouldn't stay lit. They could fire up the engines fine, engage the twin surface drives, but then the fire would go out on the port side. So Cuda and Debbie motored back to the dock on one engine and said they were gonna give it a go at the parts store. We took Last Tango and headed out onto the lake which was like glass in the cool morning sun. Once I was certain the boat was warmed up and ready to play, I turned the helm over to Wayne and let him experience true marine power and boating nirvanna. We whistled across the lake at Warp 7 for about 20 miles then did the turn in to Silver Glen Springs.
November is the best time of the year for boating. Dry air, soft warm breezes, and empty water. Only a handful of boats were in the Glen, so a Donzi Classic 18 was a visual entertainment for those truly cognizant of WHEN to boat and WHERE to go. The water was crystal clear, warm to the touch, and fish swam beneath us at we idled toward the springs' head. Bubba used my camera to capture an 8 foot alligator sunning on a fallen tree over the water. Piles of large turtles also sunned on logs and stumps along the shore, one total brave (stupid?) turtle electing to risk his life by sharing the same log as the gator. And sit on his TAIL!!!!!
Cormorants, Anhingas, large Blue Herrens, an eagle, and several other species were only a few feet from us as we made the rounding at the spring. Bubba failed to capture any images of the Large Breasted Thongs resting quitely on the back of a Fountain, but they were indelibly etched in MY memory.
Back at Porkey's, Cuda was only just arriving with parts. So I left Wayne with him and Debbie, and turned the helm over to Bubba as we headed back north to Jacksonville. Running at about 35 MPH, a thrilling speed when you are 8 years old and in command of an open performance boat, Bubba drove the hour or so from Porkey's to Palatka. He didn't miss a single mark all the way. The two of us had lunch at Gator Landing in Palatka. While there, we observed a group of early 20-somethings in a newer Mastercraft with a board tower that was loaded with a cornucopia of skiing devices, and another group on a Monterey cruiser, walk down the dock and oogle the Classic 18. One of the 20-somethings mimicked his jeolousy by feigning to kick the lines that Bubba had carefully flaked on the dock, into the water. The lines were left unmolested and Bubbas handiwork was spared, but the 20-something stood and looked at the chrome exhaust headers on the MX6.2MPi and then climbed into his own boat as if his boat had morphed into a 1965 Larson with a 25HP outboard. Kids...
From Palatka back to JAX I took the helm back and we ran at high speed over the choppy afternoon water on the river. Bubba sat next to me wearing his tinted racing goggles, and his hands snapping the bow line attached to the forward lifting eye, and yelled "WAHOO!!!" and "Giddyup!!!" each time we jumped a good one.
Yeah, you folks who chose to sat around watching your favorite Florida college football team get beaten, instead of coming to Porkey's, really missed it.

ChromeGorilla
11-13-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm sure Bubba will be talking about this trip for a long time....well done Mark. Sounds like it was beautifull weather for ya. And I don't know where sweet 16 1966 got the idea that you decorate that 18 with deck candy.....

Cuda
11-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Yeah, we had trouble with the Formula. That's what happens when you spend the week getting one boat ready, then at the last minute have to switch boats. There was really no way to forsee the power valve problem before hitting the water, I started it before we hooked up to it Friday, it fired right up, and revved up fine. It's when you put a load on it, it will backfire and die. I need to figure what pv belongs in it. The young kid at Napa didn't even know what a pv was, and I took the only one for a Holley they had in stock. They are rated by the vacumn it takes to open it, but this one didn't have the number on it, and the kid couldn't tell me what it was.

Anyway, as Mark said, we couldn't ask for better weather, and I loved that spot. Just beautiful and peaceful. To be honest with you, even before we put the Formula in the water yesterday morning, I was sitting at a picnic table with Wayne, and I asked if we really had to go boating today, that I'd be perfectly content to sit at that picnic table looking at the St John's River with a couple cases of beer and solve all the world's problems. :)

Cuda
11-13-2005, 12:26 PM
LT and Bubba yesterday morning.

onesubdrvr
11-13-2005, 07:46 PM
First, a special thanks to LastTango (Mark), for letting me get some seat time on an 18 before mine gets here, I appreciate it, and the handling pointers. Also, thanks to you and Bubba for some interesting hands of UNO, how many Donzi guys does it take to figure out one of those card shooters anyways?

Also, special thanks to Debbie Davis and Joe Cuda for taking the video's of the Ragazza in all her glory, helping me yank her out of the water this morning, and for the endless hours of truly entertaining conversation.

Second, Like Cuda said, on Saturday, even though there was minor boat problems, the weather was SO nice, I would have sat there and just enjoyed it and drank some beers, those that didn't make it for whatever reason, really missed out on a superb, relaxing, beautiful weekend.

I made it home today about 1:30, uneventfull tow trip back,.......

EXCEPT for loosing the sunpad on the Ragazza :eek: SOMEWHERE on I-95 S,..... hope it didn't cause any accidents as I couldn't find it!!

Here is some Pics of the weekend

1) LastTango and his Shippy for the weekend Bubba
2) Is this a SCHWEEET 302 or what,... BTW, it's for sale
3) Thundertub Motorsports 18' :wink:
4) The Ragazza - ran a respectable 58 this weekend, but I need to "tweek" the carb a little and do ALOT in the prop department.
5) Oh I don't know, the rest are just pictures of stuff from the weekend.

So, a pretty good weekend for the Ragazza, I just need to tune the carb, change the oil, check the timing, and do some prop testing. And oh yeah, make a new sunpad:boggled: , I hope that next time we get more people there, and if we don't, the heck with 'ya, we'll just sit around, drink beer and talk boats!!

Until later,
Wayne

Last Tango
11-13-2005, 07:46 PM
As always, Julie puts a smile on my face whenever she goes boating with me. And then there is Tammy, and Heather, and Denise, and Naomi, and the Dallas twins. But none of them EVER challenged me to back-to-back games of UNO. They just wanted to talk about relationships and all that mushy stuff. Admittedly they do have a distinct upper hand over Bubba when it comes to the Bikini contest, but NONE of them every wanted to take the helm for an hour so I could just sit and enjoy the immediate scenery. NNNOOOooooo... They just wanted to lay around on the deck and get all suntanned (see advertisement above right). And when THEY yell "Giddyup!" they aren't holding the docking lines like reins.
Cuda almost had me convinced about spending the day sitting at the picnic table in the warm sun and clear skies and watch the boats go by on the river. But I kept getting this tug on my hand and a little voice saying "Mark, when are we going to go in the boat?" Cuda was outgunned 2:1 on that. Reminds me about my 3 year old granddaughter Morgan, last week in Las Vegas. Every time we were about go get in the car to go somewhere, she would turn her little head up to me, grab my hand, and say "Grandpa, will you sit next to me?" (In the backseat, next to her hard plastic carseat, on the middle hump, of a VW Passat!!! With Nancy squashed against the door!!!). Sure. No problem. Kids...

Cuda
11-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Wayne, it's about time you checked in. I'm having trouble uploading the videos.

onesubdrvr
11-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Wayne, it's about time you checked in. I'm having trouble uploading the videos.
Joe,

No problem, you can E-mail them to me if you can't get 'em to post,

Also, check out the 2nd picture in my list, it's a SWEET picture of your 302!!

Wayne

Cuda
11-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Let's try one.
http://media.putfile.com/wayne76

onesubdrvr
11-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Let's try one.
http://media.putfile.com/wayne76
I LIKE Joe, I Like!!

Thank-you
Wayne

Last Tango
11-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Worked well for me, too.

ChromeGorilla
11-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Wayne, the Rag sounds sweet!:yes:

onesubdrvr
11-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Wayne, the Rag sounds sweet!:yes:
Thanks! That wasn't the fastest crawl by, but I need to do a little prop testing (still since the drive change). You and Michelle were missed, hopefully I'll get to make it down for the Miami boat show and see you guys.

I keep forgetting that you have never seen my boat actually run at speed, during AngelAid, you and the rest of the gang were way in front of me (and I got lost!), OH well, I'll tell ya this too, the glen was everything you said, beautiful place to hang out, I think I'll drag my oldest kids up there one weekend in the 18 when I get it.

Take care,
Wayne

Cuda
11-14-2005, 03:53 PM
I couldn't get the other video to load on putfile. Let's try this one. Let me know if it works on your end.
http://www.zippyvideos.com/8301293622231806/1111_028/*cuda

Cuda
11-14-2005, 03:56 PM
Or this.
http://i1.zvhost.com/1/t/t9wy67jt.jpg (http://www.zippyvideos.com/8301293622231806/1111_028/*cuda)

sweet 16 1966
11-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Glad to hear you all got along over the weekend and did some bonding.
LT, what was I thinking!? Need to put CG in edit mode! Still wish I would have made the trip! Joe, sorry to hear of your mechanical issues. Just think, when you put all of your efforts into one 22' Classic, it will be one bad machine. I want one with Catch 22's set-up! Wayne, when will you have the 18 going?

Cuda
11-14-2005, 04:42 PM
I want one with Catch 22's set-up! Wayne, when will you have the 18 going?
That's my favorite 22 also!:cool:

onesubdrvr
11-14-2005, 04:49 PM
I couldn't get the other video to load on putfile. Let's try this one. Let me know if it works on your end.
http://www.zippyvideos.com/8301293622231806/1111_028/*cuda
Joe,

The video worked, but was aweful dark (could have been the location of the sun, but it looked brighter on your camera when we watched it), and no sound :confused:

Thanks Joe,
Wayne

onesubdrvr
11-14-2005, 04:50 PM
Glad to hear you all got along over the weekend and did some bonding...... Wayne, when will you have the 18 going?
Still working on getting it down here, but once it's here, it won't take long, I promise :shades: We missed you guys too, hopefully next time!!

Wayne

Cuda
11-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Wayne, it's dark because that's the one I took looking into the sun. As far as sound, turn your speakers on! :)

onesubdrvr
11-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Wayne, it's dark because that's the one I took looking into the sun. As far as sound, turn your speakers on! :)
Smart @$$, of course the speakers were on :lookaroun ,

Actually, the sound wouldn't work unless I played it in it's original format (if I selected broad band / dsl, it would play but no sound)

Thanks again!!!!
Wayne