PDA

View Full Version : X-18 for sale

apollo24
09-19-2005, 02:40 PM
All,

I am about to eBay my X-18. The hurricane got two other blowboats I owned as well as my truck and I won't be doing any powerboating for a few months. Luckily I didn't leave the Donzi in my neighbor's garage because it was flattened. I will sell it to any Board member for $6500, as-is where is, Mobile, AL. If anyone is interested, contact me via email at bizjetsolutions@comcast.net or 251-716-3531.

Pix can be seen in one of my previous posts, or I can send more if necessary. The boat is being sold without the windshield or girls.

I am not out of Donzis by any means. When I get back on me feet a 22 Classic will be in my driveway. May take a few months, though.

Cheers, Ben

j90
09-19-2005, 02:49 PM
All,

I am about to eBay my X-18. The hurricane got two other blowboats I owned as well as my truck and I won't be doing any powerboating for a few months. Luckily I didn't leave the Donzi in my neighbor's garage because it was flattened. I will sell it to any Board member for $6500, as-is where is, Mobile, AL. If anyone is interested, contact me via email at bizjetsolutions@comcast.net or 251-716-3531.

Pix can be seen in one of my previous posts, or I can send more if necessary. The boat is being sold without the windshield or girls.

I am not out of Donzis by any means. When I get back on me feet a 22 Classic will be in my driveway. May take a few months, though.

Cheers, Ben
What year is the x18, motor, drive etc. Please send photos to addiegoja@yahoo.com
Thanks, Joe

Lenny
09-19-2005, 03:09 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8683

You need more pics. Neat boat.

Did you get a new interior? Did you change out T-stat or manifolds?

http://www.donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=1105736591

apollo24
09-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks, Lenny-

Here's a couple pics from the Blue Angels Show back in July.... I haven't replaced tstat or manifold risers. I should paint them, though- the engine room could use some cosmetics to do it justice. I got an interior off the Board.

Cheers, B

Lenny
09-19-2005, 04:04 PM
With the windshield as an option, (custom order) and grab rails ( I have never seen those either on an "X" ) it definately is a special boat. Do you have a dash and interior pic? I can only assume that there might be a couple of other "add-ons" custom pieced as well. Do you know whom ORIGINALLY purchased the boat and had these mods ?

Is it original gel?

Volvo 280 with a "rebuilt" Chevy 350 ? (Goodwrench) ?

apollo24
09-19-2005, 07:34 PM
I'll post some pix soon, although there are some on the forum when I tried to sell it before I wised up.

Engine- I ordered it through our chevy dealership here in late 2004. I had replaced/rebuilt everything on the engine except for the tstat housing, manifolds and risers, which checked out fine.

My understanding is that this boat is a Bicentennial Edition. It had the special color scheme, windshield, grabrails, etc. Boat is original gelcoat.

Anyway, hope someone picks it up here so I don't have to deal with eBay predators and associated fees!

Cheers, Ben

penbroke
09-19-2005, 09:23 PM
...The boat is being sold without the windshield or girls.

Cheers, Ben

Do you still have the windshield? Nice boat!

Frank

Donzi Racer
09-19-2005, 11:34 PM
With the windshield as an option, (custom order) and grab rails ( I have never seen those either on an "X" ) it definately is a special boat. Do you have a dash and interior pic? I can only assume that there might be a couple of other "add-ons" custom pieced as well. Do you know whom ORIGINALLY purchased the boat and had these mods ?

Is it original gel?

Volvo 280 with a "rebuilt" Chevy 350 ? (Goodwrench) ? Lenny, I hope Ben doesn't mind me answering part of your question. This boat was ordered and purchased new from Nelems Marine in Jasper Alabama along with 2 other 18's in different color combos. They were ordered by three good friends that wanted to run them up or down the tombigbee riverway. Ben is the 4th owner of this wonderful and rare X-18. Have the total history & owners available for the purchaser. This one is a bargain. Tom

apollo24
09-22-2005, 03:01 PM
I have decided to list my X-18 on eBay. Posting lists at 6:30 PST. It's gonna be interesting.

-Ben

apollo24
09-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I don't know what's going on with the market, but it sure is hard to sell a boat down here in Alabama right now. I figured a lot of people had settled with their insurance companies and were ready for another boat! Several friends of mine with blow-boats got checks and upgraded. I was really surprised that Mr. X's boat didn't get bids, either. I'd have bid on it two years ago for sure!

Maybe it's the season, but down here the best time to be boating is coming up (cooler weather).

Looks like I'll be keeping my 18' through winter, which is fine, but I'll have to figure out how to pull it with a Ducati. I'll send pix when I get the Class III hitch put on. :wink:

apollo24
10-10-2005, 05:08 PM
Bump! Lowered price to $6200, Mobile, AL. Someone needs to grab this boat.

251-716-3531.

RNELEMS
10-10-2005, 09:44 PM
This is pretty wierd. I have never sold an X-18 and don't remember selling 3 to some friends years ago. Don't know how my name came up but something is not right here. Robert Nelems,Nelems Marine,Jasper,AL

lmsac00
10-10-2005, 09:59 PM
This is pretty wierd. I have never sold an X-18 and don't remember selling 3 to some friends years ago. Don't know how my name came up but something is not right here. Robert Nelems,Nelems Marine,Jasper,AL

hmmm, hello robert, lenny spallone here, 04 baby blue donzis treating me real nice. no time to ride. my 04 22c anniversary is for sale. give me a call ,long time no hear, see you , len

Mr X
10-10-2005, 10:11 PM
apollo24 wrote: "I was really surprised that Mr. X's boat didn't get bids,"

I ended the auction early, my boat did sell and went to a collector in Oregon.

Donzi Racer
10-13-2005, 02:27 PM
This is pretty wierd. I have never sold an X-18 and don't remember selling 3 to some friends years ago. Don't know how my name came up but something is not right here. Robert Nelems,Nelems Marine,Jasper,ALRobert, We were the 3rd owners of this boat and we purchased it from the commadore of the guntersville yacht club in the early 1990's. He told us that he bought the boat from the original owner which had ordered it from a donzi dealer in Jasper alabama. He said that the owner had ordered the boat along with 2 other donzi's with friends from alabama.They were going to enjoy the boats together and were planning a trip down the tombigbee waterway with the 3 donzi's. He didn't say they were all the same model. We owned the boat for around 10 years and didn't even realize it was a X- model since the windshield hid the rise on the dash area. We always thought it was a 18 2+3 until we started reading the Donzi classic registry. We ran the boat in decatur and athens ala. It is also the only one I had seen with an original windshield. I think it looks much better without it. The commadore was a dry cleaner from birmingham, alabama. As far as we have been able to tell the boat has stayed in alabama since it was new. Hope that clears up some of the mystery or at least of what we were told when we purchased the boat over ten years ago. It was and still is a wonderful piece of donzi history. Oh what great memories it brings back. Taking a ride in a classic Donzi is still the quickest way to bring back the best of your youth. Tom

apollo24
11-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Price reduced to $6150 as-is where-is to Board members!

sweet 16 1966
11-01-2005, 10:02 PM
I read some of your previous posts. What does your boat need?
Any soft spots, gas tank replaced, outdrive needs?

apollo24
11-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Thanks, give me a shout at 251-716-3531 after 6.

Needs nothing, but maybe a little cleaning. I have it stored right now and my friend says "move da boat."

It is ready to trailer wherever. Unfortunately, I lost my tow truck after the hurricane and haven't replaced it.

Call me.

Cheers, Ben