PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Dealer Show

CrackerJack
09-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Here are some pictures from the show in Sarasota this week.

CrackerJack
09-18-2005, 08:53 PM
More 22 GT

CrackerJack
09-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Here are some shots of the 43 ZR

CrackerJack
09-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Here is the 35 ZR.

Cuda
09-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Here are some shots of the 43 ZR
Is that the same one they used in the Miami Vice movie? I love that boat.

Speed-Racer
09-18-2005, 10:00 PM
The new Zr's are awesome in person even though the colors are a little bright, but none the less really clean, and fast boats. The 22 GT (AKA Aranow Edition, X-22)...or when and whatever DONZI desides to call it, is my personal favorite considering there isn't anything in the world like it. It's one bad a** lookin boat :eek: and underneath it all a legendary classic.

CrackerJack
09-18-2005, 10:02 PM
This 38 ZR has twin Viper engines.
Don't know Cuda, about the movie and the 43 ZR.

Cuda
09-18-2005, 10:09 PM
I'd like the GT better if it didn't have the scoop, other than that, it's a near perfect boat.

Cuda
09-18-2005, 10:13 PM
Which model is that with the Ilmor's? Any speed stats on it?

Ed Donnelly
09-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Love the stripes going all the way down the transom on the 22 GT.
Where do they come up with such original ideas??? ...Ed

CrackerJack
09-18-2005, 10:24 PM
38ZR, heard someone say it wasn't dialed in yet.

gcarter
09-18-2005, 10:29 PM
That silver/grey 22 might be hard to see on a clowdy day, but it still looks neat.
Also, I like the vents.

TuxedoPk
09-18-2005, 10:31 PM
I'd like the GT better if it didn't have the scoop, other than that, it's a near perfect boat.
I agree... the scoop definately detracts from its looks

blueliner
09-18-2005, 11:52 PM
thanks ed... hope you are doing well. external hydraulic steering is next on my agenda. did you ever find that info????
Love the stripes going all the way down the transom on the 22 GT.
Where do they come up with such original ideas??? ...Ed

ChromeGorilla
09-19-2005, 12:08 AM
The 43 is the one from the movie as it is the only one complete so far. I saw that 38ZR with the Ilmors at the factory when I was there 2 weeks ago. Has the teague platinum drives on the back. Nice ride for sure.

ChromeGorilla
09-19-2005, 12:17 AM
I love the look of the 35....sharp boat. If you think about it a 38 with 525's is what a 90MPH + or - a couple mph boat? So The Ilmors are 400 lbs lighter EACH, make 125 hp more EACH, and they can spin 5800 rpm, 600 rpm's more than 525's. So With an 800 lbs weight savings, 250 hp gain and a 600 rpm gain I bet it is a 100 MPH boat when all is said and done.

boldts
09-19-2005, 09:07 AM
The 22 GT (AKA Aranow Edition, X-22)...or when and whatever DONZI desides to call it, is my personal favorite considering there isn't anything in the world like it.
I guess nobody in FL walks barefoot on the deck of a 22 when tying the boat up at a dock? Holy cow...... Solid Black? Anyway, cool looking Classic and that scoop should leave room for blower instalations later after the warranty is used up. :biggrin: I'd like one in all white with medium blue double stripes like the Mustang GT. Oh, and please insert one of those Ilmore engines in the back of it. (GT/RT or whatever letters Dodge used for the Viper) Wonder if Donzi is paying Ford anything to use GT in the name. Maybe why the 21GT was discontinued?

Anyone know if the 22GT is running a raised X, thus the need for the scoop? If there is no purpose for the scoop other than looks, I'd leave it off also.

Cuda
09-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Anyone know if the 22GT is running a raised X, thus the need for the scoop? If there is no purpose for the scoop other than looks, I'd leave it off also.
I doubt it has a raised X, if they wanted to raise the X, I think they'd just put a shorty on it.

olredalert
09-19-2005, 10:09 AM
-------What a cool array of DONZIs!!! I dont think the 22GT is black, Scott. More like a very sharp dark gray. A small distinction but noteworthy. I would love to know what the upholstery is in the 22GT. It looks like vinyl carbon-fibre or something. What would you anti scoop guys think if the scoop was like an old Hemi-Cuda shaker scoop??? Mounted to the engine and coming up thru the hatch. I think that would be pretty cool. Water drainage would only be a small issue. As far as the striping goes, I think DONZI could have left the stripes completely off this 22 and it might even be better looking. The dual stripes dont have near the punch they had on the blue boat!!! Id love to own this boat with T.Crocketts 600hp 496HO.
-------That ZR43 is one awesome beast. Personally, I love the lack of graphics and the gray color. I really like that DONZI can think outside the box and build a bitchin looking boat without 42 different colors on it. Can you tell im not a graphics kind of guy???
-------Thanks for the pics. Its nice to dream..........Bill S

Cuda
09-19-2005, 10:13 AM
I agree with your assessment of graphics Bill. I think Donzi's should all be understated and classy with the paint. Not everyone digs the Outerlimits look.

Mr X
09-19-2005, 10:32 AM
I guess nobody in FL walks barefoot on the deck of a 22 when tying the boat up at a dock? Holy cow...... Solid Black? Anyway, cool looking Classic and that scoop should leave room for blower instalations later after the warranty is used up. :biggrin: I'd like one in all white with medium blue double stripes like the Mustang GT. Oh, and please insert one of those Ilmore engines in the back of it. (GT/RT or whatever letters Dodge used for the Viper) Wonder if Donzi is paying Ford anything to use GT in the name. Maybe why the 21GT was discontinued?

Its not solid black, it is gray with silver stripes. NICE RIDE FOR SURE!

boldts
09-19-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks guys for the color definition. It is a very cool Classic indeed, but I've felt a blue stripe under my feet and gray or black has got to get hot! Just like an all red or blue boat would. Now those friends up North would love all the warmth they can get on those dark seats. :) Only problem is that when the water freezes, it doesn't matter what color your Donzi is. I agree with the don't splatter color all over the ZRs. Give them a stelth look so the competition only hears you coming and going as you pass them and leave them in your wake.

Question: I had a Donzi with a blue stripe that developed spider cracks only in the stripe area. Was told this was because of the heat the color holds. Just wondering if I was told correctly or not?

Greg K
09-19-2005, 01:21 PM
------I would love to know what the upholstery is in the 22GT. It looks like vinyl carbon-fibre or something. Is Carbon Fiber embossed vinyl...
http://www.boatinstyle.com/CARBON%20VINYLS.htm

olredalert
09-21-2005, 10:30 AM
Greg,

-------That stuff looks cool!!! I think I might use one of those blue vinyls on a Pro-Touring style 65 Chevelle wagon Im building for myself........Bill S

Last Tango
09-23-2005, 07:40 AM
Cracker Jack and Speed Racer,
Since you guys road in the 22 GT, did the fabric seem like it would be painfully hot on a sunny day after sitting fully exposed to the Florida sun? What about the deck surfaces? Were other colors an option? Did the shift levers seem too high or just right?
I think it may be time for me to move up...
"Uncle Mark"