PDA

View Full Version : TS Rita and Possum Kingdom ???

Lenny
09-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Let's see, the last time I was in Texas we had Hurricane Isadore to contend with, that had me freaked out, but it didn't bother us and made for some beautiful weather, BUT, this time we have Rita... Won't it be interesting to see what this thing has in store? :( Katrina went West and North without any warning, I wonder what this thing has planned? Looking at Wednesday and it's projected whereabouts it doesn't need much to end up in Texas for Friday/Sat.

I hope it stays away from Houston, as these people (from NO) I am sure have seen enough, and I sure as hell hope it stays away from Dallas :eek:

Hotspare
09-19-2005, 02:40 AM
Lenny ........

Don't worry about it ,,,,,,,,

Just bring your bad self & significant other and let's get it on ............

We may just have to rename it then, to the, PK Texas Hurricane Round Up ..............LOL.......

Trueser
09-19-2005, 04:13 PM
I agree,

Just let it be. If anything we may see some bigger waves=speed

I'm still in........................

Carl C
09-19-2005, 04:32 PM
I wish President Bush would stop making these storms happen. :banghead:

Jraysray
09-19-2005, 04:56 PM
My wife asked what our plan was incase we get hit by this. I told her wherever we go the boat is following! SO if you see a yellow classic showing up know it is you’re just your newest, friendly refugee from down south. Maybe throw a refugee beer my way. Where is my damn $2000.00!

txtaz
09-19-2005, 04:59 PM
Lenny, We're cool. PK is so far inland it won't affect us much. We might get some rain Sunday or Monday. Also the pilot called me today and we might have to do the photo shoot on Friday afternoon so he can get back before the rain starts.
We have friends coming to stay at our house while we are at PK.
See you Friday.
Wes

Lenny
09-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Wes, I don't really care about the cane, it could be cool to be honest. I have never seen one. Just NOT to the extreme of NO. :eek:

It will probably head North before it does that much more West I am thinking. Regardless, the rain bands shouldn't show inland ( Dallas ) until Sun eve the way "I" :rolleyes: see it. :D

Hurricane Hunter extraordinaire,... Lenny

So, at PKI, we had Isadore a ways offshore (beyond Galveston) and it was a week later in the year. This year (3 years later) we are at "R" and a week earlier... hmmmm 8 extras...

Rootsy
09-20-2005, 06:55 AM
It will be a non-event by the time it reaches PK.....

http://www.sfwmd.gov/org/omd/ops/weather/plots/storm_18.gif

BTW, no more fooling around.. We are prepared for the storms now :eek: :eek:

Poodle Energy??? leaving the lights on? for you and allll of your neighbors? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Trueser
09-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Some pictures from Katrina...Lenny

So will this be a issue? WE will see.............

mattyboy
09-21-2005, 07:48 AM
Poodle Power & Loot at your service. :) :)

The plan is to just cut the power lines at each end of the block and backfeed from my house.. I figure 460 KVA ought to do the trick :D :D :D

whatever you say SPARKY :shocking: 220 221 whatever it takes

ChromeGorilla
09-21-2005, 08:06 AM
MP, what is that ..... a hot dog cart from Monster garage?!?!?! :D Looks awful big to be towed behind a phord...... :D

Dax McDavid
09-21-2005, 09:31 AM
My newly finished, 5 yr restoration x-18 project, is setting in a warehouse in Rockport Tx. along with dads 22zx. Someone might get luckly and be able to pick up 2 fixer-uppers on monday cheap! :banghead: lets hope not! :biggrin.:
Dax
:us-texas:

ChromeGorilla
09-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Oh, and yes, it will cook a hot dog... Or an ape........

LMAO...now that was funny. :rlol: