PDA

View Full Version : 454 Chevys

slendzion
09-16-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm picking up a 91 22' Classic w/ a 454, 370 hp / King Cobra outdrive with Stainless Marine exhaust system, holley 750 dbl pumper and pretty much stock from there. Anyone have any input, good or bad, and what other things can be done (within reason) to get more out of it?

onesubdrvr
09-16-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm picking up a 91 22' Classic w/ a 454, 370 hp / King Cobra outdrive with Stainless Marine exhaust system, holley 750 dbl pumper and pretty much stock from there. Anyone have any input, good or bad, and what other things can be done (within reason) to get more out of it?

I'll give you a good deal on a twin turbo set-up!! :wink: . Congrats on the boat, hope to see some pictures soon!

I myself like what I've heard about the King Cobra drive, there are a few guys running some good ponies through them. Wish I had one on my boat!!

Wayne

slendzion
09-19-2005, 11:11 AM
I'll give you a good deal on a twin turbo set-up!! :wink: . Congrats on the boat, hope to see some pictures soon!

I myself like what I've heard about the King Cobra drive, there are a few guys running some good ponies through them. Wish I had one on my boat!!

Wayne
Thanks for the offer on the turbos, but its a little over the top for what I want to do. Actually you can look at some pics of it on this site under Gene
"The APE'S " profile, I'm trying to purchase it as we speak. Glad to hear the positive on the drive, its the first I/O I've owned.

turbo2256
09-19-2005, 11:41 AM
Wre did you get the turbo kit marine pars place across from my friends veggie market if I remember correctly SE Monteray AVE.

joel3078
09-19-2005, 12:55 PM

Got the same setup but a 1993 version in a 24' black widow. About 360HP stock. I have the Corsa captians choice exhaust. The early spitfire ignition sucked as it was a distributor-less system that was plagued with problems. Again mine is a 1993 spitfire system and has a distributor and electronic ignition and electronic engine management controls. Worked just ducky since 1993! Also have the Holly 750 carb and it works fine. The whole top end of the engine is mild - heads, cam, intake, etc. Top end engine work will give you the most bang for the buck.

The king cobra you want will have a 1.5" or so tall hump on the top of the upper gearcase. They are an early Volvo SX. Go look at the hump on a current 2005 gray painted Volvo SX at a boat dealer and make sure your king cobra has this hump. The early king cobras did not have this hump and are not nealy as strong. The hummped king cobra has bigger gears and is good for 600HP or so.

onesubdrvr
09-19-2005, 03:28 PM
Wre did you get the turbo kit marine pars place across from my friends veggie market if I remember correctly SE Monteray AVE.

No, I got it off of a person here selling it - decided not to use it myself,.... Is the place your thinking of on Old Dixie Hwy, just south of Monteray? I've spent a little time there "browsing"

Wayne