PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Fort Worth, what to do for a day???

Lenny
09-16-2005, 10:12 AM
We fly into DFW on Wed 21st at noon. We are staying "somewhere,...??? " in Dallas on Wednesday night. We will have a car. Is there a "MUST SEE" or EAT place relatively close by ??? Deneens' only desire is to hit "Victorias Secret" in Irving. Other than that, what to do? what to see?

I am trying to take in EVERYTHING Dallas has to offer in about 8 hours :D , fall asleep and then wake up and drive to Possum.

txtaz
09-16-2005, 10:23 AM
Reedy is the one to ask.
Wes

roadtrip se
09-16-2005, 05:54 PM
No really... in Dallas, a must see is the sixth floor museum downtown where Kennedy was assasinated then head west on I30 to our old home town.

Downtown is cool. There are the Cowgirl and Remington museums. Also a great beer joint called the "Flying Saucer" with a gazillion beers on tap and snacks.

Then head north on main street to the stockyards. Billy Bobs is one of the largest honkey tonks in the west. Rhine stone saddle for a prism ball, long necks, hand and boots prints of famous people, and live bull riding all under one roof.

Eats? Check out Joe T Garcia's where the Texmex is served family style or the Railhead BBQ for brisket and skooners of Shiner, which I know is a Canadian favorite.

Call me, happy to give you directions around the place.

Hotspare
09-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Lenny ............

I'm installing new riser gaskets on Wednesday if your lookin for something to do ......................LOL....

Just kidding,,,,,,,, But, give me a shout if you need anything .... 214-802-2482 .....

Bruce

Lenny
09-19-2005, 09:52 AM
OK, Irving is a no go now. We are staying in Fort Worth for a night. Wednesday we are going to see the Kennedy Museum, going to the Saucer for beer, cabbing from then on starting at the Stockyards ending up at Billy Bobs or something. Wake up Thursday, go to a "Victorias' Secret" for Deneen in the Hulen Mall and then make our way up to the Lake. Be at the Lake Thursday afternoon. :)

No lap top or "Streets and Trips" with me this time so it will be a little more challenging.