PDA

View Full Version : My Hydromotive Showed up today...

Last Real Texan
09-15-2005, 05:08 PM
I have it installed and am looking forward to testing it this weekend. It is the Quad IV X 26 RH, Tom at hydromotive says it is a great prop.....we shall see, I will keep all f you posted on the results from Hole shot to top end .....I hope this helps take care of my prop blow out situation.....and gives me a good cruise to boot. It is replacing a dinged up Bravo I 24 Pitch.

Bryan

fasttrucker
09-15-2005, 07:31 PM
I heard that they dont work well with the step hull.Too much lift! let us know how it does!

Last Real Texan
09-15-2005, 08:20 PM
I heard that they dont work well with the step hull.Too much lift! let us know how it does!

The Quad IV original is the one most have tried.... Not too many have tried the Quad IV X so we will see. It is said to be a bow lifting prop and should have the performance of a labbed Bravo I :toiletpap ....We shall see. Crossed fingers.http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/smileybreasts.gif

Bryan

The Hedgehog
09-16-2005, 06:40 AM
are you going down to Lake Tobosofkee? Maybe a run down to a big lake would be good for such a test. I hear that it is good to have variable water conditions to check out all potential characteristics.

Last Real Texan
09-16-2005, 07:39 AM
are you going down to Lake Tobosofkee? Maybe a run down to a big lake would be good for such a test. I hear that it is good to have variable water conditions to check out all potential characteristics.

Going to test this morning .....Took the Day off, It should be glass water wich will suck but hey it is a boat ride none the less. I will then be somewhere different this weekend , not sure where but you can bet I will be on the water somewhere, wifehttp://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/smileybreasts.gif wants to go to ST.Clair but I am wanting to go somewhere bigger.....Oh well we will see.

Bryan

The Hedgehog
09-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Call me after 1:00. I will be on the road and would like to hear how it went.

roadtrip se
09-16-2005, 09:54 AM
with stepped hulls, the Bravo 1 has more stern lift than the Hydromotive Q4.

But the Hydromotive Q4X is supposed to be Hydro's answer to the Bravo 1. They don't look that much different.

Never know until you try'em.

Good luck with the testing!

Pismo
09-16-2005, 10:47 AM
Last Texan,

What boat, what setup? Thanks

Last Real Texan
09-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Last Texan,

What boat, what setup? Thanks

27 ZX twin Step with 500EFI blue motor Bravo I Out drive

turbo2256
09-16-2005, 11:39 AM
First tests I like smooth water. Thinking of trying a couple IV X next year. I need the bow lift and another blade might help with the high X dimension