PDA

View Full Version : Cover suggestions for 2001 22ZX?

Donzi LG
09-15-2005, 12:04 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm hoping the Donzi experts can help me to locate a full cover for my 22ZX. It will be stored indoors at my marina but I want more than just the cockpit cover on it to protect the paint, etc. Does anyone have suggestions for where I could find a good fitting aftermarket cover for a ZX? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

John

The Hedgehog
09-15-2005, 12:51 PM
540-981-1711. I dropped them a line and they do that kind of work. The folks on this board give them great reviews.

Shanghied Again
09-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Your Going to Laugh: But K-Mart or Walmart has a great cover for the 22 ZX, I know I had one. Cheap Strong and easy to get on and off.. I don't remeber the size but it was for a sportboat 20-24 ft gray in color.

joseph m. hahnl
09-15-2005, 06:22 PM
any semi custom fit cover should fit. all you need to look for is length and beam
i went with sundora fabric for mine

joe

synack
09-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm hoping the Donzi experts can help me to locate a full cover for my 22ZX. It will be stored indoors at my marina but I want more than just the cockpit cover on it to protect the paint, etc. Does anyone have suggestions for where I could find a good fitting aftermarket cover for a ZX? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

John

Go2Marine sells the Taylor Made ones in several different fabric styles.

http://www.go2marine.com/g2m?action=GoPLPage&categoryTranslation=true&id=20020

Splash
09-16-2005, 08:08 AM
John,
I have a 2000 26ZX and I purchased a Semi-Custom cover that has worked out pretty well. This is my second season with it and I think I should be fine for a 3rd, not bad for $300. I also ordered a set of Boat Cover Vents with Support poles, you can probably get a way with one but I bought two. I purchased the Aqua Shield Poly Semi-Custom and its pretty durable stuff and is fairly light.

http://www.boat-cover.net/index.cgi/manufacturer_name.Donzi%20Marine/index.html

Jim

VinV
09-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Hey everyone,

John

www.covercraft.com (http://www.covercraft.com)

I got a cover for my 22 Classic 2005 and it is really first class. Wear points are reinforced and the quality of the work is really nice. They will tell you if they have the pattern for your boat on-line. Probably do. I paid $550 or so.

I got the Sunbrella fabric. Absolutely the best. If you don't need it there are cheaper alternatives with the fabric.

Donzi LG
09-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone! Some great leads, I'll check them out and see what's what. Sad to think about putting it away for the winter....

John

Uncle Fester
05-01-2006, 12:57 PM
What did you go with and what did it cost? I need one for my '99

Donzi LG
05-01-2006, 01:30 PM
What did you go with and what did it cost? I need one for my '99

I ended up going with the Taylor Hot Shot cover from go2marine. Worked out well and good fit, about $250.

John

jonnyrottn
05-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi - just looking for a sanity check!
I just received my Taylor Made Hot Shot cover yesterday for my 2001 22zx - tried to put it on the boat last night and the cover does not seem to want to stay on the front of the boat when the back corners are pulled under the rub rail - is there some trick to putting this on or did I get a cover that might not be cut quite right? Seems like it's about 4" short. Any hints or experience from others that have this cover would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to send this back if it's operator error!