PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a Volvo Prop ?

Morgan's Cloud
09-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Any of you guys have a source available for Volvo 250/270 props ?
Preferably OTHER than aluminium/stock ..... My friend Scott now has only one prop with a spun bushing to 'not' run on his C16 with a V8 SBC.
He lost his S/S prop in 40' of water after some crackerjack mechanic installed it .... Fortunately it was the mechanic who was stranded in the boat :biggrin:

Of course there's nothing around here ....

Thanks/Steve

David O
09-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Any of you guys have a source available for Volvo 250/270 props ?
Preferably OTHER than aluminium/stock ..... My friend Scott now has only one prop with a spun bushing to 'not' run on his C16 with a V8 SBC.
He lost his S/S prop in 40' of water after some crackerjack mechanic installed it .... Fortunately it was the mechanic who was stranded in the boat :biggrin:

Of course there's nothing around here ....

Thanks/Steve

Contact Big Grizzly
http://www.donzi.net/forums/member.php?u=288

Lenny
09-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Second that motion. Contact Randy (Big Grizz) He has 'em. Keep in mind the Solas props for our boats eat a LOT of horsepower as they bite hard and have very little slip. Drop 2" of pitch from what you are running and redlining with now.

EricG
09-13-2005, 06:41 PM
Second that motion. Contact Randy (Big Grizz) He has 'em. Keep in mind the Solas props for our boats eat a LOT of horsepower as they bite hard and have very little slip. Drop 2" of pitch from what you are running and redlining with now.

Sorry to hijackthe thread. I haven't been able to keep up on the board as much as normal, so maybe I missed it, but I still haven't seen a definitive review of how one of the new solas props work on a classic with stock-ish power. Does anyone have any numbers?

Thanks,
EG

David O
09-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Sorry to hijackthe thread. I haven't been able to keep up on the board as much as normal, so maybe I missed it, but I still haven't seen a definitive review of how one of the new solas props work on a classic with stock-ish power. Does anyone have any numbers?

Thanks,
EG

I posted numbers from the testing BIG Grizz and I did in Eufaula a year ago and was quite impressed. I don't remember the numbers but you should be able to do a search and find the post.
I haven't had the boat in the water this summer with the Solas prop on it due to Hurricane Ivan repairs, additional hurricane visits and a severe fuel sortage.
Lenny should have some current numbers he can post.
My numbers probably will be quite a bit different than Lennys in that I have trim on a 290 Drive and these props require proper trim with all the bite they provide. I don't think Lenny has trim.
How about Lenny do you have any current numbers with your set up?
David

Morgan's Cloud
09-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks guys .

Does Big griz have these as surplus to requirement or is he in the prop business ?

I will see what the next step is with Scott ..

Steve

David O
09-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks guys .

Does Big griz have these as surplus to requirement or is he in the prop business ?

I will see what the next step is with Scott ..

Steve

Steve, He sells them Brand New.

Ted Guldemond
09-14-2005, 03:26 PM
I'd be real interested in more info on theses props as will. Anyone have any ballpark numbers on price?