PDA

View Full Version : Volvo "E" drive Speedmaster lower on ebay.

Mr X
09-12-2005, 06:34 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4575008622&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Marlin275
09-12-2005, 07:08 PM
"There are a couple of bearings in it but nothing else. I have NO parts for it."

Is this a problem?
Does this work with a 270 upper,
would it need much more parts?

mattyboy
09-12-2005, 10:27 PM
The only thing rarer then an E drive case would be the stuff that goes in it !!!!
this would be a good pick up for the guys who have one and would want a spare housing

Danny
09-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Anyone perchance know who the successful bidder was on the e-drive housing?

Danny

Mr X
09-19-2005, 03:57 PM
Anyone perchance know who the successful bidder was on the e-drive housing?

Danny

Yes, why?

Danny
09-20-2005, 03:40 PM
I didn't see this thread until after the auction and I have a pair of e-drives and am always interested in parts and more info about them.
If I had seen it on time I would have bid on it, a spare housing for an edrive is a good thing. If you are ever interested in selling it or you have other parts I would be interested .
I managed to track down parts drawings and seals earlier this year from a fellow in Florida.

Thanks Danny

Mr X
09-20-2005, 03:44 PM
I didn't see this thread until after the auction and I have a pair of e-drives and am always interested in parts and more info about them.
If I had seen it on time I would have bid on it, a spare housing for an edrive is a good thing. If you are ever interested in selling it or you have other parts I would be interested .
I managed to track down parts drawings and seals earlier this year from a fellow in Florida.

Thanks Danny

Please contact me directly.

tedwork@tampabay.rr.com

Lenny
09-20-2005, 04:13 PM
I was going to buy it but was "scared" about the bearing surfaces and vertical shaft area. The vertical shaft is shorter (from what I have been told by my VOLVO mech, and the possibility of scattering the lower drive set (1:34) is good, as it is in any of these, and without an inspection of the mating surfaces I didn't want to bid. There is a fair amount of money required to get this lower working again assuming GOOD mating surfaces and wear patterns.

Where I live finding the "E" lower parts is a fairy tale. :(