PDA

View Full Version : 1976 Sweet 16 350/350 Corvette Engine

jengel
09-12-2005, 02:37 PM
I have a 1976 Donzi sweet 16 that is not yet on Ebay or Boattrader.

1976 Donzi Sweet 16
Red hull, white deck, red stripe
i350cu. Corvette Engine w/ 350 hp. (original but rebuilt)

new exhaust a year or so ago (Garwood? It was hard to find exhaust that would fit inside the engine compartment without having to cut new holes.)

completely rewired with new wiring harnesses
aluminum prop has just been reconditioned and balanced
boat spent most of its life trailered to Candlewood Lake
couple of times in Norwalk but without bottom paint it was hauled, rinsed and flushed each time.

comes with an old Sterling trailer, not much to look at.
comes with old canvas cover, not much to look at
comes with original cockpit cover, still in great shape.
oh, and it has two horns on the deck, original, but never seen them on any other sweet 16. Very strange. Good looking long chrome horns. Loud.

upholstery: the seat and benches were done by the original Donzi factory two years ago with the original materials off the original patterns. Red with white piping. I got the name of the original guy from www.donzi.net and hired him to make me a new set exactly like the originals.

I raced a new Donzi 16 this year. The new ones are much lighter and this one was able to flatten out with trim tabs quickly but with with a deficit of over a hundred horsepower there was no contest. The 76 shot off the line with that big old elephant ear prop and never looked back. I think it does 50 but with a stainless prop who knows.

I probably have 15 into this after rebuilding the engine, then new exhaust, then all new wiring and wiring harness, then the upholstery. But I've had fun with it so I am going to take the best offer. The boat is located near Norwalk, Connecticut.

Why am I selling it? I have four kids under the age of 8 and, well, you know...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=14655&stc=1

gold-n-rod
09-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Why am I selling it? I have four kids under the age of 8 and, well, you know...

Looks like they all fit in just fine. :biggrin:

sweet 16 1966
09-12-2005, 05:11 PM
I sure could use a new wiring harness on my 1966. Where did you pick up your's?

Great looking 76.

jengel
09-12-2005, 05:29 PM
Looks like they all fit in just fine. :biggrin:

Small children tend to pop like popcorn out of the seats when boat lauches off the waves. Babies cry, mommas cry. Just terrible. Oh, did I mention there are no cup-holders in this boat?