PDA

View Full Version : 22' classic covers

slendzion
09-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Is there a supplier out there that sells the cockpit covers and mooring covers for 22' classics or do they need to be made custom?

markdonzi
09-12-2005, 11:22 AM
Custom made due to the fact snaps need to be installed. You want to get one with an extendable pole inside so the water runs off. If the water pools anywhere it leaks after a while and makes a mess. Also i prefer the mooring covers that go over the windshield as they keep windshield from leaking and keep suns rays out. Any good canvas store should be able to make one but use Sunbrella fabric not canvas as it lasts longer and shrinks a lot less.

markdonzi

slendzion
09-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Custom made due to the fact snaps need to be installed. You want to get one with an extendable pole inside so the water runs off. If the water pools anywhere it leaks after a while and makes a mess. Also i prefer the mooring covers that go over the windshield as they keep windshield from leaking and keep suns rays out. Any good canvas store should be able to make one but use Sunbrella fabric not canvas as it lasts longer and shrinks a lot less.

markdonzi
Thanks, I figured they were custom made.

Trueser
09-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Check with Built-Rite, They have them!

I also have a Black 22 cockpit cover from an Anniversary edition like new If interested send me a email.

Trueser@comcast.net

VinV
09-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Is there a supplier out there that sells the cockpit covers and mooring covers for 22' classics or do they need to be made custom?

www.covercraft.com (http://www.covercraft.com/)

I got a cover for my 22 Classic 2005 and it is really first class. Wear points are reinforced and the quality of the work is really nice. They will tell you if they have the pattern for your boat on-line. Probably do. I paid $550 or so.

I got the Sunbrella fabric. Absolutely the best. If you don't

slendzion
09-16-2005, 08:18 PM
www.covercraft.com (http://www.covercraft.com/)

I got a cover for my 22 Classic 2005 and it is really first class. Wear points are reinforced and the quality of the work is really nice. They will tell you if they have the pattern for your boat on-line. Probably do. I paid $550 or so.

I got the Sunbrella fabric. Absolutely the best. If you don't
Sent em an email, I've got a sunbrella cover on a ski boat, good stuff
Thanks, Steve

Pismo
09-17-2005, 10:16 AM
I bought

http://boat-cover.net/mall/index.cgi?store_id=100&prod_id=7959&cart_id=000000000

for a 1996 22 Classic and it fits beautifully.

Got the Sunbrella one.

slendzion
09-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Whats the differerance between a cover for a '93 - '95 22' classic and a '91 - '92 22' classic. I talked to a cover supplier and they said the '91 -'92 models need to be custom made??? Why wouldn't the standard 22' classic mooring cover be the same? Any thoughts?

Dr. Dan
09-21-2005, 10:23 PM
:bonk: No idea, I have a 1993 I bought my cover from www.coverquest.com I have no complaints over 60,000 miles of Towing on this cover in 4 years of Donzi Events and its a Sunbrella Fabric.

I am getting a couple of Stress areas that will be repaired this Winter, but non thru any abnormal causes.

Good Luck

Doc :wavey:

www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

knots2u
09-22-2005, 06:15 PM
What year did Donzi switch from the plexi windshield w/spoilers to the stainless frame windshield? That might be the difference.

The Hedgehog
09-22-2005, 08:05 PM
What year did Donzi switch from the plexi windshield w/spoilers to the stainless frame windshield? That might be the difference.

Not trying to hyjack the thread but do you have those as well?

BTW, I still owe you a call about getting a cockpit cover for the 16. I will try to contact you tomorrow.

hottub
09-26-2005, 11:36 AM
VinV-

Full mooring cover? Happy with the fit and overall quality? Did it come with the pole to raise the middle of the cover? Do you have the plexi windshield with or without the eyebrows or winddeflectors?

hottub

knots2u
09-26-2005, 06:36 PM
I don't stock the pole. Try Overton's (http://overtons.com)