PDA

View Full Version : Lake George Club shocks the Donzi World

FASTEDDIE
12-08-2002, 04:34 PM
I am currently planning and reviewing all the preparations for the 8th Annual Lake George Donzi Classic Club Annual Spring Dust-Off ,June 14th,2003 meet. Since we were the first Donzi Club in the country, something different must occur this year to keep our Club on the leading Donzi edge. After a thorough investigation of Donzi Boat Registrations and who the owners of record are,I find that woman are paying for these boats,cleaning these boats,buying these boats and sitting on the passenger side at every Donzi gathering. This will change on June 14th, 2003.

Announcing the very FIRST EVER Lake George DONZI CLASSIC Club POKER RUN FOR WOMEN DRIVERS. Move over POP and let the girls take the steering wheel. Is there enough Ladies drivers out there ,let me here from you if you want to participate. Ladies, this could be the best Donzi meet ever held. Do I have enough interest out there? How many Ladies will sign up? Could I have everyones thoughts on this idea?

Dr. Dan
12-08-2002, 05:56 PM
:D Eddie.....I think any variation on a theme is always a welcome change to an already successful event! I will let Liz answer for herself...but I feel confident she would love to participate in a Womens Poker Run! :p We have always enjoyed the Lake George Events...and if this involves Driving our Boat as oppossed to watching it sit docked at one of the Worlds most attractive Boating Venues for most of a gorgeous day....then we are all for it! :cool: I love the Dust Off Event, but I like running with all of the Donzis better! :p At the Picnic this year we were able to boat around more and Liz loved that,I hope what ever plans you make, involve more running of our boats in your gorgeous waters...anxious to hear more specifics.... :D ...Doc

mattyboy
12-08-2002, 06:05 PM
Well said Dan,I will run it by Marie to see if she is ready to take the controls, Eddie sounds good,a great change of pace but some how I think this is gonna cost me, like driving leasons and with it being winter I'll have to take her to the land of sun for the lessons, Maybe Poodle will open up the Baxter Donzi driving academy,
Marie will answer for herself as well.

Matt

Lizard
12-08-2002, 07:16 PM
:D Eddie -

I think this is a terrific idea. :p

So ladies.... Di, Amy, Crissy (Bad Squirrel), Bonnie, Cathy, Susy, Heidi, Marie, Princess, Donzi Trish, and the rest of you ladies lets shock those boys and show them how to jump some wakes! cool!

Hey Tuna maybe you can make the trip to Lake George this year.

Well Eddie - I am looking forward to hearing more details and can't wait for the First Womens' Donzi Poker Run on Lake George.

Liz

Dr. Dan
12-09-2002, 09:45 AM
:rolleyes: See what ya started....better up my insurance on her(them)Boat & Liz... :D ...Doc

Crazy Horse
12-09-2002, 10:54 AM
Donzi Trish is all for this.
I guess this means this year I'll be the one with the white knuckles wearing a tiny bikini in the passenger seat. :( Fast Eddie you may want to rethink this??!

Rootsy
12-09-2002, 11:26 AM
CrazyHorse... PLEASE!!!! i am trying to eat lunch... eek!

Donzi Blackhawk
12-09-2002, 11:41 AM
Ed,

Are you prepared to give up the helm of your Blackhawk?

Bryant

Donzi Blackhawk
12-09-2002, 11:45 AM
Crazyhorse,

You in a bikini and in heels on the deck! Remember, you said those marks are like trophies. :D eek! :D

Bryant

Woodsy
12-09-2002, 11:52 AM
This is madness...

CrazyHorse in a bikini & heels? Will it be a thong bikini? :D Will Trish be in a set of boxers? (I hope not!)

There goes your reputation Horseman...

Woodsy Von Donzi

PS: I'll have to talk to the Princess about this one... its the 80th Bike Week in Laconia, and I only live 1 mile from all the festivities.... smileybo

donzinh
12-10-2002, 12:14 PM
What a GREAT idea! Are the boys staying back at the docks????

Maybe they should just stay home, and let this be a girls event?

What do you think girls? Hey Eddie what happened to the Ladies Auxiliary Donzi Club we had a few yeas back??? Augusta???

Happy Holidays

Bonsai

KMLFAMILY
12-10-2002, 04:54 PM
My 14 yr old daughter Katrina is all smiles on this one.I think Mustang Susie is gonna be the one to watch on this one(If she joins in) . I"ve seen her handle a boat.

Doug L.
12-10-2002, 05:19 PM
My wife Driving Old Yeller, With me in it eek! eek!

GEOO
12-10-2002, 07:29 PM
Hum??

Heather/Hailey, with the keys...EEK's.
You better wear your rain coat's.

ToonaFish
12-10-2002, 07:31 PM
Nifty plan, Fast Eddie!

Leaping Liz, great idea... I'll rent myself out for the Poker Run... now, who is brave enough to let me behind the wheel? I'm the only woman to ever tell Todd to go faster (well, other than Jill, but I meant the Roadtrip.) Hmmh, time to start looking at flights...

DON N.
12-11-2002, 06:54 PM
KNEW I KEPT THE 18 FOR A REASON.

Moody Blu'
12-11-2002, 09:20 PM
if we cant get any girls to come can we dress up like girls and drive our boats? :p :D

mattyboy
12-12-2002, 07:49 AM
moody please stop you're scaring me :p

just be there!

Matt

Lizard
12-12-2002, 04:20 PM
I am so excited! :p This is going to be great. All the girls driving "their" boats. :cool:

Tuna - You are definately welcome in my boat. I would be glad to share. You can drive half and I will drive half.

Only 5 monthes until the Lake George Dust Off. :D

Liz

mattyboy
12-12-2002, 04:55 PM
my wife has second thoughts now gonna have to convince my daughter to drive!!

Matt

FASTEDDIE
12-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Liz,
Where are your supporters? I expected all the Ladies to have voiced their opinion up by now. Remember,I 'm testing the waters,taking a temperature etc. I need to hear from all the girls that this is event that they want,will participate in and support. Let's get more input on this thread.

Donziblackhawk.
Yes,I will surrender my BlackHawk to Lady Augusta but remember ,we are the hosts and when 150 people come to your house for 3 days ,you don't have much time to boat ride.

Come on Donzi Ladies,tell them whose going to lead the parade at the Spring Dust-Off.

Scott Pearson
12-12-2002, 07:46 PM
Performance Marine should be on call that weekend....There will be alot of busted boats.

Thinking about getting the 14 Baby running so Cathy can have a blast....

(NJ)Scott

fasttrucker
12-13-2002, 02:28 PM
i got my wife to drive about 3 times last summer.shes pretty good but ive got to ride on the ski tube!that we pull? frown

Dr. Dan
12-13-2002, 05:20 PM
:cool: I hope that the interest in this type of Event is supported....although it is intended to be a Fun :D Event...I think you could also look at this in a different light as well(enter soap box here)! :rolleyes: When Liz and I became Donzi and 1st time boat owners only 2 years ago...we mutually agreed that as a point of safety, it was very important for "Safety Sake" that we both could operate and understand our Donzi! All of it's characteristics,dangers and strengths,and limitations. I would like to suggest...that there is abosolutely NO SUBSTITUTE FOR SEAT TIME! wink Most of the seasoned boaters here on the Registry are men an women who have a variety of experiences that have served them over the years...why not use this upcoming Event as an Opportunity to make sure all of your crew is well aware of what to do in case ....God Forbid something was to happen to the "Usual Pilot or Captain" of the boat...what are your families' or wifes' options out of the situation and what would she be capable of doing, and doing well and safely? wink I have seen many of our wives and girlfriends handle our boats with the same or better skill as their male counterparts, in all facets of boating,Docking,Line Handling, Towing and of course boat operation....it's important! I hope that those who have not already worked together to learn the incredible benefits of mutual boat ownership and safe boating operation,would use this upcoming Event as a perfect opportunity to educate each other, and share the passion and experience that can only come from operating your boat with confidence and knowledge that enables all of us here...as a common boating community to enjoy the pleasures of owning a true part of history, and celebrate this incredible life experience in a way that is difficult to describe but is unforgetable as an experience! :cool: .......(remove soap box now)......Doc

J&K SHAHBAS
12-14-2002, 10:46 AM
IM NOT SCARED!!!!
K :D

fasttrucker
12-14-2002, 07:17 PM
doc u are right,as always.ive been training the wife to drive.one time i was pulling peter,my son age 6.on the ski tube,well i whipped him around the wake and he went airborn...well he landed fine then i,well sort of did it again and he went overboard.so i pulled up and dove over the side,we both had our ski vests on.anyway paula did a great job coming back to pick us up. :)

Donzi Blackhawk
12-14-2002, 08:44 PM
Dr Dan,

I could not agree more! Donzi Kathleen already has time behind the helm of the Blackhawk. She will know everything about this boat. Just a quick note for all the ladies out there, Donzi Kathleen can launch, load and trailer the Blackhawk like a pro. If something ever happens to me while boating, I know that she will never be put into a panic situation. The key to her education is to take it slow, go at her own pace.

Back on topic now, I think it would be great to include the Donzi girls in a poker run with them as drivers.

Bryant