PDA

View Full Version : New Buyer needs help - 28ZX

RoamingBuffalo
09-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Hello all

I have to say this is a cool chat room / info site. I have a couple questions regarding Donzi ZXs. I live here in Miami and just recently moved here from Colorado (yes, I know... why??) Anyway, I am getting into the whole boat thing now and have been around to a couple boat dealers, one specifically Aqua Toy Store Ft. Laud..

I also have found 'undertaker' a good source with his 33ZX which now resides down here in Miami and actually spoke with John T. a couple weeks ago, cool guy and boat I must say. Anyway, I found a couple of 28ZXs as a good first time starting boat. I would like to have the 33ZX since they don't make it anymore (now the 35ZR).

Here is the question.... finally. There is a Red Checkerboard 28ZX in Lewisville, Texas that I really like and I think it is appropriately priced. The link is below from boat trader:

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/1/9/80862119.htm

What is recommended if it is used??? What should I look for, etc???

Any help is much appreciated

Adam Barringer
"Roaming Buffalo"

Mr X
09-10-2005, 09:26 PM
That is NOT a Donzi Factory paint job. The trailer will last a year or so if you live in Miami salt water before it crumbles away. You will need a good aluminum trailer. I would definatly put a Meucury scan tool on the engines to verify the hours on the engines are true.

RoamingBuffalo
09-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Mr. X

Would you consider this a std. or custom paint job. Is there a way to view archieved paint schemes??

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/6/80414626.htm

That is NOT a Donzi Factory paint job. The trailer will last a year or so if you live in Miami salt water before it crumbles away. You will need a good aluminum trailer. I would definatly put a Meucury scan tool on the engines to verify the hours on the engines are true.

Mr X
09-11-2005, 02:11 AM
That one is factory for sure.
I do not know if there is an archived paint site anywhere.

Mr. X

Would you consider this a std. or custom paint job. Is there a way to view archieved paint schemes??

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/6/80414626.htm

Mr X
09-11-2005, 02:53 AM
LOL, yes...just got home from my "2nd job"....... gotta pay for gas somehow. :biggrin.:

The TX boat is pretty.....just an observation.

Cuda
09-11-2005, 07:02 AM
Getting ready to go out in the boat Ted?? :D :D :D

The Texas boat may not be factory, but it is a nice paint job. If the engine hrs check out, it has an additional advantage of being a freshwater boat... Sell the trailer there....

Welcome to the board BTW :) :)
And just what are you doing up at this hour Mr Poodle???

Btw, isn't there some Daytona's with the same paint scheme?

Mr X
09-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Cuda, it is similar but not the same. There are several differances that give it away.

It is still a beuatiful boat and paint job!!

Sagbay32
09-11-2005, 10:26 AM
These came from the 2001 Catalog...hope it helps for a reference.

Mike