PDA

View Full Version : I gotta say, it was a good day.

Cuda
09-10-2005, 08:20 PM
I couldn't plan on doing anything today, because we were having furniture delivered. I still had a chance to play with my toys. This morning, I needed to run the four wheeler to charge the battery. I took two of my dogs, one at a time, made them run next to me to the woods behind the house, then made them load up on the four wheeler and ride back to the house. :)

Then, Deb and I rode the bikes to Lowes to look for wood flooring, and while we were out, we went to the Airport Bar for lunch. When we first got there, the sky was full of skydivers, but by the time I got ready with the camera, not another skydiver came down all through lunch. Still, it was fun to get back on the bikes. It's the first time Debbie has ridden in three months or so.

Cuda
09-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Grrr! I just typed a long post, and my computer locked up and I lost it all. :(

Cuda
09-10-2005, 08:44 PM
While Debbie was messing with her furniture, I took out the Checkmate. I wanted to run it by myself, so I could practice with the trim without endangering both of us. :) I got to where I could trim it up pretty well, and it feels like you hit passing gear when the hull breaks loose. Lot of fun! Of course, I forgot the gps today, but I think I was running a tad north of fifty, but I could be mistaken, because in this little boat, it always feels faster than it is. :)

After a few speedruns, I went up to Hontoon Island State Park, and docked. I had never been there. It's a nice spot. Free dockage during the day, and a nominal fee for overnighting that includes 30 amp service and water. They also have cabins there, but I didn't get a chance to check them out. While I was there, Debbie beeped me on the Nextel, and said she was done, and she was hungry. I told her to take her bike, and meet me at the Shady Oaks on the river.

Cuda
09-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Deb meets me at the Shady Oaks. :)

Cuda
09-10-2005, 08:48 PM
I made one more run to Hontoon and back, then Deb rode her bike to the boat launch, got in the truck, backed in the trailer, and I drove the boat on. :) Gotta love that kind of service. :)

Sagbay32
09-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Sounds like you had one hell of a great day. Thanks for the story and pics.

Mike

MOP
09-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Dynamite day put a big :smile: on my old puss! That's the kind of day we all love.

Phil