PDA

View Full Version : Are Scarabs Gone?

sanleonkid
09-10-2005, 08:14 AM
:dolphin:

Did Wellcraft stop making Scarabs? Been looking for a dealer or info on new models off the WC website and just drawing blanks. Any links
and yes I know... why woudl I wantto look at a Scarab when I coudl have a Donzi.

Cuda
09-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Yes, they have gone the way of the Dodo bird. :(

There is some talk of the original designer getting the molds back and making them again, but I haven't heard anything lately.

BUIZILLA
09-10-2005, 11:32 AM
I have only had my 302 for a couple months, but I really, REALLY like this boat. :shades: if things go okay the rest of this year, i'm probably going to repower it next spring with a pair of the new 225 E-tec 'rudes.

Jim

ChromeGorilla
09-10-2005, 11:36 AM
yes , I believe you can get a new Scarab. Just not from Wellcraft. I believe Larry Smith will still build you one from what I have read.

harbormaster
09-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Larry Smith does have the molds and builds Scarabs as custom boats.

http://www.teamscarab.com

sanleonkid
09-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Looks like its off to BoatTrader then huh???? Was Baja the competition that did them in?

ChromeGorilla
09-10-2005, 03:05 PM
I think Larry Smith licensed the name "Scarab" to wellcraft to use.

lars
09-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Well the only reason to by one is that they are very well built if made by Larry Smith.His early 9 meter and later 38's driven by world champs like Betty Cook are now legendary.Take a peak at the boats posted on www.offshoreonly.com under classifieds and there's one there for every budget.My pick there today, has been for sale for a while and seems like a good one and it's a 1989 Larry Smith 38' all white set up for Poker Runs.If You like to do it Your way and got some money to spend, take The Harbormasters advice and contact Team Scarab and Larry Smith direct and mayby look in to one of their diesel solutions. Best of luck! :crossfing
Looks like its off to BoatTrader then huh???? Was Baja the competition that did them in?