PDA

View Full Version : 502 Fuel/water pump questions

harbormaster
09-09-2005, 08:58 AM
I am starting to rig my engines in preparation to put them in.
I currently have the waw waterpumps that also drive the fuel pumps.

I want to go electric fuel pump and change out the raw water pumps to something else.

I have massaged 502's with 850 holley double pumpers.
What electric fuel pumps should I go with?
Also Someone told me about a switch that works with oil pressure that will turns off the fuel pump power when there is no oil pressure. Any info on that?

I have eliminated the circulating pumps and have crossovers. I will be usung raw water pickups that go through GIL seastrainers. Also what water pump setup should I use?

MOP
09-09-2005, 09:13 AM
Scot My opion go with crank driven pumps, if a belt fails you still get home and they consume less HP. Gcarter can give you the number for the big pumps, for electric fuel pumps Holley do just fine and are relitively cheap George can also help with the pump switch.

Phil

Pismo
09-09-2005, 01:16 PM
I agree, non-belt driven water pumps are better. If no way then get the single piece rear housing style merc pulley pumps, one less seal to leak then.

mrfixxall
09-10-2005, 03:54 PM
gen v has no fuel pump hole in block ...late model have a sea pump/fuel pump design//////if you deside to go with a electric pump make sure you mount it as close to the fuel tank as possiable.their designed to push not suck....