PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk drive/BH prop location??

bverd
09-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Okay... odd question. I need some measurements. In relation to the bottom of the keel where do the props sit? How far back from the transom are they? how high are they from the bottom of keel and so forth.

Thanks,
Brad

Woodsy
09-08-2005, 03:43 PM
ON Steve Marr's X-18 the centerline of the BH Torpedo is even with the bottom of the keel....

But your probably looking for BH 22 Classic numbers....

Woodsy

bverd
09-08-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks Woodsy, but yes my question does apply to 22's.

--bverd

bverd
09-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Come on.. nothing. If no one has those measurements how about a profile picture of the transom with the BH trimed all the way down so I can see it.

--Bverd

Lenny
09-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Blackhawks' are mounted 3" higher as an X dimension than a BRAVO cut-out

MOP
09-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Brad when I had the BH on my 22 the lower 1/3 of the gear case was below the bottom, having it partially below the bottom added a lot of stern life at high speed. Up to about 4000 the boat felt and handled great much better then the new BravoX that is on it now, the dual props made it run a bit flatter in turns no real roll up in either direction. I needed to raise the X to get it fully above the bottom or as one of my Buds suggested lower the X enough to equalize it in the water flow. Raising it would help with the stern lift and may up the top end, Another thought that was posed was to lower the X. There are pro's and con's to both, raising it might get it to do better at top end, lowering it would increase its cruising efficiency and might allow it trim the boat a little. I am pretty sure I will fool with it some more, loved the rooster tail and handling!

Phil

smokediver
09-11-2005, 06:35 AM
So .... whatcha doing Brad ?????? :D