PDA

View Full Version : 1978 Baron 350/TRS Factory Thru Hull

freeplay
09-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Yep all the toys are going........
Open to offers on a 1978 Baron. I purchased the boat 2 years ago from a personal friend that had moved. The Boat has not been in the water in 4 years. last year had the interior replaced at a cost of around 1800.00 and looks like new. The boat will need some elbow grease on the bottom sides and deck. I did fire her up a few weeks ago and she started like she was running just the day before. boat is has a 350 chevy with TRS drive, Through Hull Exaust and a factory swim platform. All of this was done at the factory. for people from the L.S.C. area you would remember the by having "Snoopy" on the side. Also comes with a single axle eagle trailer. trailer need cleaning up although tows fine. I open to FAIR offers and the boat is located in S.E. Michigan. Call 248-866-8346 or email cwhite423@aol. Thanks Chris

roadtrip se
09-08-2005, 04:41 PM
Please post an asking price.

Rules for selling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This section is for individuals to sell boats. Businesses/brokers may sell boats here as long as they contact me at scot@donzi.net and get it approved. Each post can contain an ad for only one boat and must contain a photo and asking price. We reserve the right to remove ads that do not conform to these simple guidelines. Thanks

thanks,

Todd

Lenny
09-09-2005, 12:22 AM
what does a Baron (Bertram) look like with a single 350 and a single axle trailer?

I am obviously thinking of a different Bertram Baron model.

Boatnuts
09-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Could we see some pics and a general asking price

freeplay
09-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey guys ~ and girls.........i would like to see around 8k for the boat and trailer. i will have pictures posted by Monday

freeplay
09-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Hey guys ~ and girls.........i would like to see around 8k for the boat and trailer. i will have pictures posted by Monday
sorry guys ....camera fell in the water when i was going to take the pics. i'll try and post some this week or by the weekend

JPR
09-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Lenny here is a bertram baron, need lots of work, but is not for sale!!

freeplay
09-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Lenny here is a bertram baron, need lots of work, but is not for sale!!
Hey guys , the boat I'm selling is a "baron" not the bertram model. I'll see if i can dig a pic up of one

TOP1GUN
11-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Any Pics????

Lenny
12-13-2005, 07:54 PM
Here is a Baron pic...sure reminds me of the GT-21 or visa versa.

olredalert
12-18-2005, 01:24 PM
------There is a bit of confusion going on here. The Baron offered for sale here was not built by Bertram. It was built by a "Baron co." located here in Mi. Dont know much about them but I believe they were located on the west side of the state, maybe? To my knowledge they only built the one model. I have seen the boat up for sale and it is well constructed and appeared to be in decent shape. Like the owner said, the old owner moved, I think to Indy as he worked for "CART".
------To confuse things further Bertram apparently named thier whole sportboat line Baron. From the 28s, which I dearly love, on down they all appear to have been sold as Bertram Barons. Will the real Baron please stand up???.............Bill S

------Those pics will really help with the sale!!!

tommymonza
12-24-2005, 01:21 PM
The baron was built between 1978 and 1980 by Baron marine co. in Grand Rapids Michigan.It is an original design not a copy of any other design out there.It is a very sturdy built boat that handles the rough stuff .There was i think only 19 boats built upto 1980, when after that the doors were shut at the factory permanantly.The molds sat for quite a few years until kevin Hearns formed powerquest and bought the molds and started building the 19 Powerplay,later to become Powerquest because Powerplay in florida sued him for name infringement.This is the boat that started powerquest.
The 19 foot Baron for sale here was in the cobo hall boat show in 1978,it was the only one built with a 280/trs package instead of the 260/alpha package because a 260 package could not be located in time for the show.John Crouse from blue lagoon marina in st clair shores was the only dealer for the Baron and most were sold in the lake st claie area by him.He was a donzi and magnum dealer also at the time and really was impressed with the performance and stoutness of the boats decided to take on the line.